MacBook Pro 13 2009 vs 2011 - massive lag on i7!

I played EVE Online on-the-go on my old MacBook Pro 13" 2009 (2,3GHz Core2Duo, 8GB Ram and SSD).

With low/mid settings it was quite playable with around 30 fps in station and around 25 outer space when mining. Of course shader has to set to belowest and all ingame effects are switched off.

Now I’ve “upgraded” to a late 2011 MacBook Pro 13" (i7 2,8GHz, 8GB Ram and SSD) - with Intel 3000 instead of the GeForce 9400M of the 2009 model. Framerate in station is around 40 fps… but as soon as I undock… BOOOM - framerate drops below 0… around 1 frame every 5 seconds. I had troubles docking again. But when docked again and in station the framerate stays at 1 frame every 5 seconds.

Can anyone confirm this?
Has anybody a solution?

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, Macs aren’t really designed for gaming. However, this is most likely a problem with your graphics card, As Intel 3000 series are 2011 technology. Your most likely bet would to be to either buy an external GPU, or to get a newer laptop.
Eve is only supported on your processor up until the tyrannis update, which you can find here https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000005565/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-2nd-generation-intel-processors.html.
Edit: That being said, Intel graphics cards are garbage for gaming, I can confirm through personal experience :stuck_out_tongue: You should really get a dedicated GPU

Thanks… I know Intel 3000 is not the best for gaming :slight_smile:
As mentioned, my MacBook before had a 2009 graphics card and it was playable - with 2011 graphicscard it’s not. And the strange thing is, it has 40 frames until I undock…

So I more think it’s some bug in the code, because when undocking and redocking it stays slooooow.

I have to mention, it also worked on my 2011 Macbook Air with Intel 3000 graphics half a year before. So there has to be a change since then because of the issues now.

So no idea? No dev here?

Did you manage to fix this?

I have the same problems since a month or so.

Hello, same problem here.
Macbook 2011 with Intel 3000. Game always worked fine for me.

Just installed few weeks ago and paid for Omega, was docked in station and everything was ok.
The undocked and took a fair 10 minutes to dock again due to massive lag.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Freeze sub and get better gpu…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.