Suggestions for new Mac desktop to play EVE on Max graphics settings?

Hey guys. I am trying to find the cheapest Mac desktop that will run EVE with max graphics settings. Right now, I am able to run the game itself fairly smoothly, but only with reduced visuals:

Anti-aliasing: DISABLED
Post processing: NONE
Shader Quality: LOW
Texture: High
LOD: High
Shadow: High

My near decade-old OLD Mac desktop setup:

Mac Pro (early 2009)
Processor: 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 EEC
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB
Dead hamsters: 1

Anyone know fi there is a cheap Mac Mini or other desktop that will run EVE on max settings? Ideally, I’d like to keep it at or below $500…

Also, I have a great monitor I want to keep using, so I don’t want to look at the Mac Pros.

protip: Don’t get a mac.

You can’t “go pro” with >500$ mac.

2 Likes

Don’t get a Mac for EVE.

2 Likes

As a mac user, I have to agree with the consensus. Don’t get a MAC JUST to play eve – save some $$ and get a PC to play video games on. Your money will go a lot further there.

If you’re using the MAC for everything else (like video editing, post production, etc…) then that’s another story. But realize in the end, you’ll join the rest of us looking for resolution to the memory leak which exists and your graphics will remain just as crappy as they currently are, until that leak is fixed. Going on what? 2+ years now?

1 Like

Ok thanks. Yes, I run a bunch of other stuff on Mac besides EVE, so was hoping there was an easy solution besides going PC. I dont really play other games, so I cant really justify setting up a second system just fro EVE. Not with three kids and a fiancee haha.

Hey, Harkon!
You just need a new grafix card. With the 2009 you could even do the firmware upgrade to make a 2010 out of it. Then you could upgrade the prcessor and run a higher version of the OS. Google a bit and find out…

1 Like

Sounds like OP has a solution, but for all the lurkers remember to keep Boot Camp in mind. Macs run Windows pretty well, and all it takes is a few hundred gigs of hard drive space to dedicate to a Windows partition.

Go PC Macs are not meant for Gaming… they are only good for two things Music editing or Video editing and Art Software

Wish people would stop saying that about Macs. Yes, they are not built and developed for gaming, I understand that. But they are not just for video and music editing ether.

Now I do everything on my Mac, because I like the OS much more than windows.

1 Like

I can’t see the attraction sorry i can build a PC which is so much better than a Mac for half the price.

The operating system is so restrictive yes it is easy to use than windows but windows is so much better.

Same thing about the iphone, i prefer android for the same reason… Iphone X is way over priced for what you get… and again it restrictive where android you can do what you like with it.

Deja vu from like 2005 posts and they were wrong then, too :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.