Magic 14 Removal

Not enough SP is the golden excuse.

Never mind that only so much SP can be effective in any given ship and build.

The claim that people who have been playing 10 years are hopelessly ahead BECAUSE of SP has always been a myth.

Especially when it comes to sub cap, small fleet, combat where player skill is 90% AT LEAST of the equation.

5 Likes

^ :point_up_2: This .

I had more fun when I had less sp and had to try harder to make up for it.

3 Likes

10% is a huge advantage with all other things being equal. It is disingenuous at best to imply that skill points donā€™t make a big difference in subcap, small fleet combat. It also takes millions of skill points before they no longer become a factor in a given ship and build, not even counting how many new players are spreading thin trying to cover everything they want to do instead of just one specific ship.

leave the magic 14 aloneā€¦ i was fortunate to not have to go through the burden of the learning skills, maybe ccp should bring them back??

2 Likes

That would weed out a lot of snowflakes.

2 Likes

Learning skills were a big requirement back in the day. Specially with clone insurance being around.

Hate to say it back then with those players thought more about engaging targets and this was less random ganking, as if your clone died youā€™d most like loose some skill points, if not complete skill levels.

If you were killed there was a tactic reason. And any ganker for the fun of random kills had to deal with regional navy patrols and lockout of npc stations.

But back to point skill training has been a key feature of the fane, its what limits player from using specific items and flying certain ships,it also also limits how much resources and isk you can generate,how big your corp can be, etc,etcā€¦

This whole topic is made by self-entitled new generation players, wanting everything for nothing, expecting everything to be given to them without the hardyards.

1 Like

Yea i know about learning skillsā€¦ Joining in 2011 I missed out on those, but not the losing SP for death of a cloneā€¦

Yip it was part of the isk sink, the more you insured the less of a hit you took to your skills.

Itā€™s similar to the T3 skills we still have today.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.