Main AFK cloaky thread

Yes. Poe’s Law applies, btw.

I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic, but maybe I should have done more to keep …

… RMT …

… in the public’s conscious minds. A topic untouched until a certain someone started pushing it and other certain someones keeping it going. Not enough, I guess, but they kept it up for a long while. You might want to use the search, to see for yourself.

RMT. Think about it.

The topic dies unless actively kept alive, despite being the single most likely underlying reason for this thread.

1 Like

I did, I want to buy irl T-Shirts with isk :wink:

RMT may be a part of it, but not one that needs addressed by invulnerable cloakers…

The reason anyone I’ve ever talked to complains about it is simple: It presents a challenge that cannot be proactively worked against.

All the inane “But AFK can’t do anything” is just BS. No one cares if they are afk, they are a potential hostile that any sane person looking to put assets at risk in that space want to engage… except they can’t. There is literally no such thing as non-consent for a cloaked pilot. He has absolute control over when and where he is a target unless he screws up in major ways.

All the current “counters” are passive measures that simply raise the barrier of entry, sapping time and resources from the residents with no real counterplay available.

For some, I’m sure it’s all about acting like a bot. For others, the ones who actually engage in the conversation and try to work things out, it’s about meeting a challenge with effective means.

finaly some new ppl in the threat

well rmt is a problem of ccp not us
we dotn get payed to take care of that

and as was spoken about before if a enemy entitie has eyes on you it is already disruptive
but that those eyes who are semi afk also have a cyno beside theyr cloak is a second thing

that we were doing before here but all we got were 3 players debating and 2 trolls who are just to lazy and afraid to change all they can say as argument is renter trash and bots

A single line right at the top and he immediately starts swamping people with irrelevant, distracting drivel. That single line expresses dismissal, and nothing else.

This guy is an RMTer.

Wrong. It affects PLEX prices, which means it affects everyone. Giving RMTers a platform to spread propaganda shouldn’t even be a thing, you realise? RMTers also bot, also affecting everyone, because it’s discouraging and putting the game in a bad light.

You don’t care, though. Right? You just want to keep RMTing.

gee… I surely dont RMT. (I could quit my RL job if I did)

I don’t like the ability to AFK (for up to 23.75 hours) cloak either. Most, if not all, of the folks that dislike AFK cloaking are not RMT botters.

You got some hate issues mate, go see a therapist.

The same is true of a ship without a cloak. The player has absolute control over when and where they engage, unless they screw up the basic task of warping between safespots. The ONLY cloaked ships you would be able to catch are the AFK ones, which is why its about botting. You don’t want more PvP engagements, you want it to be suicidally dangerous to stay logged in and visible in local while you’re AFK so that people are forced to log out and make local a more effective intel tool for RMT farmers.

Also, you have admitted that you do not and will not engage in PvP, so please stop pretending that this is about getting more fights. It isn’t. It’s about maximizing safety for RMTers and renter trash by letting them run away from fights.

If they aren’t RMTers then they’re renter trash with a skill ceiling on the same level as a RMT bot and a desire to obsessively farm like a bot. Competent alliances capable of succeeding in the PvP sandbox don’t give a **** about AFK cloaking, they put up standing PvP fleets and if any AFK cloaker is dumb enough to do anything but sit idle in space they press F1 and say “thanks for the killmail”.

1 Like

well you can betetr be a little mroe carefull than to randomly accuse me of rmting

and ofcourse the troll is back
rmt is ccps concirn not ours
STOP MAKING THEYR PROBLEM OUR PROBLEM

renters are keeping the pvp alliances alive and the srp wallets filled
so its all connected and if cloaky campers would not be able to carry cynos or they woudl automaticly log off that means theyr useless so the demand for plexes would possibly go down and the prices aswell

I will just as soon as you and your friends stop proposing ideas where the sole effect is to buff RMT botters.

renters are keeping the pvp alliances alive and the srp wallets filled

I fail to see why this is relevant. If renter trash get evicted from nullsec the good PvP alliances will adapt and the bad ones will die. The fact that some PvP group is good at exploiting their renter trash does not mean that I have to care one bit about the renter trash and their pathetic attempts to farm.

and if cloaky campers would not be able to carry cynos or they woudl automaticly log off that means theyr useless so the demand for plexes would possibly go down and the prices aswell

PLEX prices being high is a good thing.

1 Like

as i said before and i say again just as you just keep using senseless arguments RMT AND BOTS ASRE CCPS PROBLEM

youre not in a big pvp alliance so it makes no difference for you

if youre to rich to care perhaps not all ppl are that rich

So there I was the second night ratting away in a system that had not one but two AFK cloakers in it. I looked over their killboards and noted that at the time I was online they never had a kill within at least 2 hours. :sunglasses:

Thanks, carry on as usual…

Or else what, you RMTer?

Edit: RMTers trying to hide my post.

you know most of the ppl like you and the other troll are commenly the rmters emselfs by claiming other ppl are you are aware of that right

if i was a rmter i woudl have bin permanently banned years ago
so maybe you wanna be a bit mroe carefull before you accuse ppl without solid evidence / proof
now you are just ignorant

If they are CCP’s problem then why do you seem to consider promoting RMT botting to be your problem? Why are you spending so much effort lobbying for buffs to RMTing if CCP should be dealing with it?

youre not in a big pvp alliance so it makes no difference for you

What’s your point? What does my personal gain or loss have to do with anything? It has nothing to do with the question of why we need to make sure that renter trash can farm without interruption. If PvP alliances depend on renter trash and will fail if the trash is thrown out then those alliances deserve to fail. EVE will not miss them.

if youre to rich to care perhaps not all ppl are that rich

And? You aren’t entitled to cheap PLEX just because you don’t want to pay for it. I, and many other people, are quite happy to have PLEX be expensive because it means a better ISK per dollar ratio for selling it. I’d love it if PLEX cost 10 billion ISK for a 30 day renewal, that $20 I spend because it’s better ISK per hour than most PvE activities would buy me even more PvP ships to kill people with.

1 Like

Oh noes…I just was ratting for the third night now with an AFK cloaky in system with me…who never gets a kill during the times I tend rat.

Cloaks are so OP, right @Mike_Voidstar :sunglasses:

Again… or else what? What are you going to do?
Increase the amount of spelling mistakes?

I was watching you :wink:

In local…

1 Like