Main AFK cloaky thread

I like it.

1 Like

and a couple of months later EVE’s population is reduced to a couple of hundred folks. Good Job.

If you Null Sec care bears are so weak willed that you couldn’t possibly handle a little more lawlessness in your Lawless Space… Then good riddance to you.

Wormhole denizens have no problem with the lack of immediate and flawless intel provided by Local. They live under the assumption that Lawless Space is dangerous, and then plan accordingly.

I doubt it. Highsec alone is quite a bit more than that, and the RMTers and renter trash who ragequit over not getting to farm safely anymore won’t be missed.

2 Likes

And have you seen how popular that is? Not so much compared to anywhere else.

It’s not really about risk, it’s about the game being a PITA to play.

Remove local and you are left with Dscan, the most asinine game mechanic ever.

I have no idea if this has been suggested

V. Proposals > Redesign whole thing > last item

“It’s easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths.” - Abrazzar

Everyone with half a brain knows that you’re full of ■■■■, Mike. Why are you still trying? You’re not even in nullsec anymore. You put your tail between your legs and ran for highsec years ago, yet you’re still here whining about how you simply don’t understand game balance or game mechanics. You’re not even making an effort to understand it. Instead you come up with lies, ■■■■■■■■ and purely emotional arguments that you label “logical”.
I don’t understand why Merin and Teckos are even still replying to you, with it being fairly obvious that you’re among the worst trolls the forums have ever seen.

1 Like

Oh, I know he’s a troll. My replies are for any newbies reading the thread, so they know just how sad a troll he is and don’t get the idea that whining about cloaks is a legitimate concern instead of RMTers desperate to keep their RMT operation going.

DOZENS! LITERALLY DOZENS!

I’m not even talking about a silent majority. I’m talking about the vast pool of unique posters that have come to discuss the issue over the last decade and a half, compared to the handful of dedicated forum trolls who shout down anything that could possibly cause them to experience danger in their predatory pvp playstyle.

The first folks get trolled until they quit. The second group enjoys trolling, so they stick around.

And yet, everyone of those who are shouting for cloaks to get nerfed have the same things common among them:

-From sov-null
-Cannot do PVE in 100% safety

You would have a point IF there was people from all over New Eden complaining about this, but so far all I’ve seen is nullseccers after their 100% safety.

1 Like

facepalm

Less speed, bigger sig and fewer low/med slots and the same hp as a combat frig. They get a TINY resist bonus to two of their resists. They don’t have a T2 tank you complete muppet.

2 Likes

Or you work with friends, instead of expecting to live in Lawless Space all by your lonesome. And some of those friends leave a few Combat Probes scattered about to look for ships anywhere in system. You know, the same Combat Probes some folks around here have been suggesting be used to hunt for Cloakies.

But yeah, even Dscan can be enough warning to let you know it’s time to run and hide from the Boogeyman about to get you. It’s just a warning you have to manually activate, instead of Local automatically supplying you Intel.

What do you think a T2 tank is? That specifically refers to the resist profile. Perhaps you should read up a little on terminology before you try to call people out muppet. Sig, slot layout, hp are all hull specific traits tied to the role it’s designed to fill. You are correct, bomber’s aren’t designed to be frontline ships and must give up on fitting if you want them to survive in such a situation. As to slots, they aren’t exactly hurting compared to other frig hulls, so idk what you’re on about.

Get educated kid. Not everything is the same and meant to be played in any role you desire without some amount of drawbacks.

Damn this threads going strong. WTF is going on CCP. lol

You would think a 12 year old problem would conclude in a resolve by the time you were gone and came back. I tip my hats to you trolls that keep posting in here but damn, I also feel a bit sorry for you.

By now its more interesting to know why this problem still exists then how to solve it. Is there a problem implementing some fix? or CCP just cower to stand behind the mechanic that is in place.

The “problem” is that people can look at Local and immediately tell if there’s someone lurking in their space. But they’re upset they cannot hunt that person down and kill them, eliminating the threat, and allowing them to get back to their carefree playtime in Lawless Space.

The solution, in their eyes, is making it easier to get rid of the threat so they feel safer. When really the solution would be removing the free Intel that warns them when danger is near. And making them live life in Lawless Space more carefully every time they undock.

lol bro, there is a chance you probably didn’t even know what eve was when I was posting in cloaky threads. The discussion have raged on for so long that its faster to get paperwork through a dense bureaucratic office then have CCP make a choice weather to publicly announce the mechanic is staying or take a stance and make a decision to fix it, fix that would probably take less then a day for one of there coders to implement.

It doesn’t honestly matter what the problems behind the mechanic is. Given most other changes have been a balancing act such as many ship balancing changes, they could just as well fix this problem by the stroke of the pen and gauge the outcome.

Noone in this thread gives a s**t what the outcome really would be. Most people in here don’t even log in. Forum posting and playing eve seldom had a direct correlation. In the end it would probably not even matter for those AFK cloaky idiots that would find a new way to exploit and the fools who live in null farming the system like it was there job in real life. At least this problem would be gone so people could enjoy some new mechanic to exploit. How stagnant to have the same old problems after so long stay the exact same way, almost as if frozen in time.

1 Like

Or… there’s a couple of reasons why it’s stayed the same all these years.

1. They like it just the way it is. This is exactly what they intended, both for Cloak functions, and Local giving away Intel.

or

1. They know that if they did something to “fix” either issue, nobody would be completely satisfied with the solution, and the debate would continue. Instead of both sides saying “You know what they should do…” it would be both sides saying “You know what they should have done…”

Then please point me to a public announcement. Before boasting, show some proof to your claims.

Clearly they have not outright said “this is the way it is”, because if they had, this thread would be closed. They would have said “we’re closing this discussion b/c we have no intention of changing anything”.

But they also haven’t done anything in the last… 15 years or so? They made some initial changes to Cloaking when it was first released, and it’s been the same ever since. So if they had intended to “fix” it, they probably would have done so already. They leave this open b/c they “may” eventually hear a suggestion they like. But the decade plus of inactivity suggests they like it the way it is.