Main AFK cloaky thread

Because they are afraid to undock when a cloaked ship is in the system.

Not surprising when that one ship can turn into 30 stealth bombers coming in to obliterate you. Continuing to rat or mine under those circumstance is just stupid. The only realistic options ARE docking or relocating.

Or you know, make friends?

Friends are rather ineffective at stopping ships from dropping on you. By the time a response is gathered you are long dead an the enemy is cloaked waiting for their return jump. Keeping an entire response force alert in a system because of a cloaked ship is unrealistic as it is a higher cost than simply docking/relocating.

Iā€™m pretty sure that is not the case. There are large swaths of nullsec where people rat and mine with neutrals in local, safe in their knowledge there is a response fleet waiting for a ping. Cynos work to bring your friends as well.

Friends are very effective at responding to any attack, as well as serve as a strong deterrent to attacks.

1 Like

Itā€™s just another solo player who feels entitled to play solo and accomplish what whole teams do.

Want the team rewards, join the team.

1 Like

This fits Mike. Guess weā€™ve been arguing with a bot all along.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

So you lose every time, eh? Gee that must suck.

The idea is to have the response already in ships and ready to fightā€¦in fact, if you rat in a group they may not even drop you at all.

You can rat in a fleetā€¦you can be on commsā€¦you can share intel, scouting information and so forthā€¦

Indeed, a look at the MERs show exactly how effective friends can be.

This whole thread boils down to:

People move to the most dangerous, best ISK generating area in Game. Then start complaining about the mechanics that make it the most dangerous and therefore best ISK making area.

2 Likes

Actually it boils down to farmers mad at cloaked attackers and either wanting some new way to track them or limit their cloaked abilities, someone else who has little to no wormhole experience saying remove local, and both sides accusing the other of cowardice and engaging in personal attacks instead of debates so the whole argument gets absolutely nowhere. A miniature version of American politics in action.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never lost a ship to being dropped. Why? Because when I rat I just move to a neighbouring system when I know there is a neutral in local. Why? Because why the ā– ā– ā– ā–  not.

Not that I rat much to begin with, the vast majority of my income is trading.

What is even the point of such stupid personal attacks?

Iā€™ve lived in WHā€™s for years, and Iā€™m not American. The ratters want local to be perfect intel and nothing else. They avoid PvP at all costs, which is fair enough as long as they realize that means living in dangerous space will seriously impinge on their ratting time. Then complaining about it is silly though.

Nobody but the ratters complain about cloaks, and they would dock up with any name in local, cloaked or not.

So you basically are agreeing with Corraidhinā€¦

Then what is the problem?

So you make ISK sitting virtually totally safe in a station/citadel and complain about players not making any ISK at all?

That the combination of 100% accurate local and 100% uncounterable cloaks lead to stale avoidant gameplay and that nothing should be 100% secure? Why are you pretending I ever said otherwise?

Iā€™m not complaining about players at all. In fact why would I do such a silly thing, players do what the game gives them the incentive to do. I am here to discuss game mechanics. Do you not agree that that is a lot more reasonable to throwing stupid personal attacks around?

So how do you suggest we fix it?

What stupid personal attack have I thrown? Are you, per chance, one of those delicate little creatures where if I ask a question you are triggered and go into full outrage mode? Did my last post send you to twitter seeking solace?

My view is the current mechanic is balanced, but sub-optimal. Perhaps the observatory array will help things improve (or not). Until then I donā€™t see a need to move in the direction of imbalance.

Delayed local has been suggested before and I think it is an acceptable compromise. It makes null sit inbetween high-/lowsec and wormhole space in terms of how much intel it provides.

I also think multiple (4 or so) specialized ships working together should be able to triangulate a cloaked ships location.

But to be honest the entire way ship probing/dscan and local function should be reworked.

It is not a personal attack; it is just basic truth.

Team beats solo, it is a fundamental premise.

Deal with it.

Thread summary to date:

I want the cloaker to go away because I am afraid to undock when he is there.

What are you afraid of?

Getting ganked.

And you are not prepared to defend yourself, you donā€™t have friends?

ā€¦

1 Like

The insults are because this thread has no other purpose. CCP has explicitly stated that they are not changing anything about cloaking until, at minimum, local is nerfed. The only reason this thread exists is to be a trash can for RMTer/renter trash whines and keep them from cluttering up the rest of the forum. So what do you do with RMTers and renter trash? Insult them and make it clear to anyone who happens to be reading the thread that it is in fact a trash can for stupid ideas made by terrible people.

1 Like

The butt hurt is strong with this one :rofl:

You are absolutlely correct. The thread is full of stupid ideas made by terrible people.

Then there are the few who actually want to change cloaks from their current function to something more reasonable.