Main AFK cloaky thread

Just because a module forces you to play in a different way than the scan-warp-pew that you seem to want, it does not mean there are no other options. (all i am getting from your posts is, i want to do something in exactly one way, and if i cant then there should be nerfs)

Bait him
Protect your gates
Defend your ratters/miners
Diplomacy
pay him off
move one system over
group together

The WHOLE POINT of a cloak is to make being detected impossible. This creates different gameplay styles (for the cloaker and the hunter/prey of the cloaker). Everyone now has to think and play differently with different strategies other than scan and warp to the other ship + pew.

So the cloak module has created different content and gamplay styles. YAAAY \0/

1 Like

Thanks, good point, I retract that probe idea, . I actually like cloaks, I fly cloaky ships almost all the time, if they changed i would be quite sad. Iā€™m not really a Pvp person, but I enjoy having all those dangers out there. I do a lot of ā€œdodging the bad guyā€ I find Jump Gateā€™s are very good for loosing anyone afk.

1 Like

excatlyā€¦
like stated its a great tool when active, and my suggestion is meant to be easily countered if youā€™re active =))

Jint

Blockquote

While in essence I agree on thisā€¦ when an entire REGION is campedā€¦ then this starts being more difficultā€¦ not impossibleā€¦ difficultā€¦
Not all alliance have a 50+ super capital umbrellaā€¦

Blockquote
Thanks, I will add this.

It is easier then ever for NPSI and hunter groups since the last patch.

1. Rorqual nerf to survivability and yield.
  2. Carrier nerf to safety and removed ability to apply meaningful damage to subcaps
  3. Fax nerf, havenā€™t really seen the effects of this in a meaningful battle yet but seem less effective so far in saving well, anything.
  4. Triglavian ships, extreme power, limited supply, Super, Fax and Rorq Killers. Spider Tank, Insane DPS. Able to sig/speed tank Supers/Carriers, Dreads can just move away from. out maneuver, out tank, out dps subcaps.
  5. Cloaky camping killing activity in smaller alliances, larger alliances unable to protect fields.

Cloaky campers can enter any system with little risk even if being actively defended. Before patch a force of carriers and faxes could drop with in a few minutes to save a Rorqual. Now carriers can be ignored while enemy fleet kills Rorquals and faxes and carriers if not evacuated in time. So the Rorqual has less time to be saved however you must now form a substantial subcap fleet, with a rage ping, to fight a force that has taken all the time they needed to get their fleet comp together and they get to choose when to attack.

There needs to be a healthy balance between PvE and PvP play styles. However seems like we are just swinging a bat blindfolded going to far in ether direction. Whoever is behind the wheel had a few too many drinks.

We already have a trash can for AFK cloaking whines.

Also, there is plenty of balance between PvE and PvP. If anything the imbalance favors PvE too much, as inflation is still too much of a factor thanks to easy nullsec ISK. Perhaps you should try to remember that EVE is a PvP sandbox, that all space is PvP space, and that being ready for PvP at all times is the natural state of existence in EVE? If you are unable to farm without getting killed then the failure is on your end and maybe you just arenā€™t good enough to succeed in nullsec.

Bye. Can I have your stuff?

1 Like

Dibs on your stuff,

You wished

No, just you are complaining without any kind of evidence or analytical argument, basically just saying ā€œI want to be safer to farm iskā€ without considering what that does to the game.
Null is producing vastly more isk & minerals than it ever used to, while only similar amounts of stuff is dying. Something has to change to bring it back into balance.

3 Likes

Well is going to be back in balance as the game goes offline

So, how would you deal with the overabundance of isk & mineral production in Null & the lack of things going boom.
If you donā€™t like it, try and come up with good solutions that donā€™t screw anyone not in a capital ship already. Because it is specifically carriers, supers & titans who have been earning too much isk since they got buffed, and rorquals mining too much since they got buffed.

Man wishing it was easier to get refunds on all my accounts. This is going to take a while.

Yeahā€¦ good luck, you wonā€™t get refunds unless you go and abuse credit card charge backs in which case CCP will ban any accounts associated, because it means you got gameplay fraudulently on them.

TL;DR: entitled WoW farmer tries to play a real game and demands that CCP turn it into a WoW-style farming game, ragequits when people laugh at the failure.

8 Likes

Blown up more ships then you, I PvP more then farm. Jokes on you.

Yeah nah. Not that easy getting out to and observing enemy territories as have gate camps, smartbombs, pipes, other cloaky eyes, intel channels that ping you multiple jumps out, other hostiles, fleets coming after you etc. Then there is going j space route if you are lucky enough to find a decent chain but they are few and far between.

Yeah, sure, every great PvP player comes to the forum to whine about how CCP needs to nerf PvP and buff farming bots (and bot-like players) and then talks about cancelling all of their accounts when people donā€™t turn the thread into a pro-farming echo chamber.

2 Likes

No, its super easy to get a cloaky ceptr, bomber or Prospect just about anywhere, nothing you can do about it unless they take to long managing one of their 100 accounts.