Make autopilot usable or remove it entirely

Yeah youre right. Im still for warp to 0.

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot to link my favourite video that sums up my opinion about the idea.

2 Likes

So making auto-pilot working right won’t make much difference.

1 Like

It’s already right, that’s the thing. Just quit being lazy and warp to 0 rather than using Auto Pilot, and like mentioned, it should be only used when you Have to leave the room. Use it for lazy purposes and you get yourself a higher risk of getting ganked.

This is honestly the problem with letting people have ideas, once they get a taste of comfort and lazyness suddenly everybody comes up with “Let us auto pilot to bookmarks” “let us warp to 0 when auto piloting” “make this automatic” “make that automatic”, at this rate it’s pointless to play a spreadsheet game when all the spreadsheet is being done automatically, would rather play Runescape or Tibia the day that happens.

4 Likes

I thought it was 15km?

1 Like

It is.

I say leave it alone.

It allows me to AP an account running distribution missions for standing while still playing actively on another account. I realize I might get killed… but I’m cool with losing a nereus or two and failing a distribution mission in exchange for being able to do something extremely dull (standings grind) while semi-afk.

15km i guess lol. I never use it.

1 Like

It used to warp to 0. CCP changed it to warp to 15 on purpose, to facilitate PVP (ganking at gates). They changed it on purpose. It’s unlikely they’ll listen to you and change it back. In fact, they’d probably like to change “warp to 0” to warp to 15, so we can’t warp to 0 anymore, except that we’ll then overload the server with insta- bookmarks.

2 Likes

That is how it used to work and it is also the exact reason that limit was changed (bookmarks overloading the servers).

2 Likes

Logistics in Eve is just about boring as mining.

Can’t have played much, peole use autopilot extremely regularly. You’re just pissed you have to be at the keyboard to travel.

5 Likes

What’s the difference. if I’m lazy, I autopilot but I’m damn sure I’m not going to lose much if I do.

If I’m sitting in the captain’s chair and driving my ship, I get there loads faster and tons safer.

I rarely visit high-secs

2 Likes

The answer to OP’s question is simple, autopilot is working as intended and showing up 10km away from the gate is the price you pay for using it. I, glad the rest of the thread sees this as a non-issue too

1 Like

Why does sucky travel have to be one of the sacred cows of EVE? You know, clicking the yellow thing on overview and then clicking the jump button isn’t a particularly impressive skill. Why are we pretending it’s so important to do so? Especially when, big picture, it’s one of the bigger things that helps make EVE Not Worth Playing.

4 Likes

Exactly. I just dont want the damn tbing to slowboat so i can ask for 15 minutes and hopefully have made 15 jumps.

1 Like

Because AFK play of all kinds should be hampered in an MMORPG.

2 Likes

Exactly that. AFK gameplay shouldn’t be rewarded and your ship should be vulnerable if you leave it unattended while undocked.

1 Like

But it will be. Autopilot can’t and won’t be able to do anything when the ship is caught.
Ships are usually caught when entering the system anyway, not when they’re leaving, but players will use auto-pilot more often.

1 Like