Make War In Eve Great Again

I know you are, but what am I?

I get it. You’re rubber, I’m glue. It bounces off you and sticks…yeah, that’s about the IQ and mentality of this (very tiresome) how can we force people to where we are so we can gank them, but make it seem like it’s a logical game mechanic that’s been overlooked for decades thread. It was lame fifteen years ago. It’s been lame every time people have attempted it, and this current attempt is as lame as the others - typified by the juvenile responses.

1 Like

Blah blah blah, you misread the post and thought it said “conflict” instead of “content” and now you’re whining about how it’s everyone else’s fault that you can’t read.

It kind of is everyone else’s fault if we didn’t pay enough taxes to support the school system they were a part of.

1 Like

lol…WHO misread it?

Says right there “…conflict drivers…”
The intent being to minimalize PVE as sort of a source appendage of the mighty pvp.
I can paraphrase nonsense any damn way I want. You, on the other hand, are a slave to marginalization which you constantly demonstrate post to post to post to post ad nauseum.

1 Like

I see you’re now at the part of the pathetic evasion process where you pretend that you were talking about the other half of the sentence, the one that makes no sense in the context of your original post. But fortunately we have your own words to quote:

It would make no sense for you to be talking about Dachi_Yamato’s reference to conflict drivers. They said that PvE is more about conflict, not less, so your quote would still be completely backwards.

I don’t have to intend anything. It’s indisputable fact: the vast majority of PvE in EVE is menial farming tasks that exist only to support the PvP elements, take away PvP and hardly anyone would do any of the PvE anymore. Sorry if you don’t like that, but your refusal to accept reality is not my problem.

I think you totally nailed it with this post.

Many players get fun out of PvE aspects of the game, there was a lot of players in hisec having fun creating their own little industrial empires, though they can no longer compete with nullsec indy and are hounded to destruction if they try by desperate PvP content seekers who seem to think that war decking indy players should result in PvP.

1 Like

There still are, you just seem to favour the quitters.

Who said it was about competing with null?

Dude, your bias is really showing now.

Wardecs are probably far easier to avoid that ever.

1 Like

Ignorance as usual.

Wars against bears aren’t for the pursuit of PvP, but for the pursuit of profit.

2 Likes

desperate PvP content seekers who seem to think that war decking indy players should result in PvP.

1 Like

Carebears who think that they have street cred because they managed to ride on someone’s coattails in gangs are the best, because they get the most angry when they lose.

Edit: the person I replied to has had their posts removed by a mod, so the context is missing, but you can probably infer it based on what I wrote.

Then please clarify this statement if thats not what you meant.

Carebears never see themselves as carebears. It’s a mental trick their minds employ on a subconscious level to not make them cringe at how big of a failure they are.

Edit: the person I replied to has had their posts removed by a mod, so the context is missing, but you can probably infer it based on what I wrote.

Looks a lot like your name there not mine.

But hey you just in the mood to troll?

Go for it.

I see nothing productive in this.

Though I think basically telling anyone interested in indy they will be hounded out by wardecs is probably more damaging to hisec indy than the dec itself vOv

But hey, its your opinion.

I have no idea what he thinks he wrote, but my Hisec indy is doing perfectly well without his wisdom.

Wardecs are bupkiss, not matter what Vlad seems to think.

If youve no interest in discussion, please dont reply to me. Ill not be mentioning you again, so no need to continue being disruptive.

“Ha ha! Thanks for the good time, chumps! I enjoyed mocking you with my superior intelligence! You could not compete with my carefully-constructed logic and iron-clad arguments! I was really entertained! You really made my day! I am having a good time at your expense right now, while you feel bad and defeated! Now everyone will know that you are trolls (probably virgins living in your mothers’ basements to boot), and I am the hero who saved everyone in the thread from your evil ways! Heh, it feels good to win. And I am winning right now. I am a winner! I will just keep laughing about how hard you’ve failed today for a very long time. Thanks again!”

…Yeah, I’m sure he didn’t need that ship anyway.

2 Likes

What needs to happen is simple.

You indy players, you need to gang up with other indy players, get into large groups which pool their resources to create good structures under a hardened alliance in which you place alts or alpha alts trained up to operate Tornados while keeping your main characters in corps or alliances that cannot be war decked. And when your structure holding entity gets war decked log on that alt and gang up in large fleets and alpha their bling ships for lol’s. The power is in your hands if you have the will to do it. And I have seen some people doing this.

But give up on using Raitaru’s or Athanors, they are so pathetically weak that they are useless.

Here is how this reads:

there [used to be] a lot of players in hisec having fun creating their own little industrial empires, they can no longer compete with nullsec indy and are hounded to destruction if they try by desperate PvP content seekers […] [war decking them].

In other words: There are fewer high sec indy players now than before (and they cannot compete with null anymore) because PvP content seekers keep war deccing them.

If that was not your intent, great, but how you wrote it lead multiple people to reasonably interpret it as the above. Responding to what you wrote with a reasonable interpretation thereof is not trolling. Clarify your statements, don’t keep self-quoting, as clearly people aren’t reading the same into your statements as what you are intending them to hear, and repeating the same words is NOT how you improve understanding.

Here is how Ramona’s stance is presented through this discussion:

1. There are still high sec indy players having fun creating their own little industrial empires.
  2. High sec indy players have never been competition for null sec - specifically because of the differences in structure capabilities between regions.
  3. War decs against indy corps aren’t about seeking PvP content, they are about money.
  4. High sec indy empires have plenty of ways to avoid meaningful war decs and continue engaging in industry.

If you agree with any of Ramona’s points, or disagree with them, please be clear about which points you are responding to and what your stance is in relation to them, as your responses so far have appeared self-contradictory when read by third parties.

(edit: nothing - fixing malicious off-topic flagging)

5 Likes

Are you mad, you started off talking about Ramona’s strawmen arguments as interpretations, you wanted to admonish me for treating them as Strawman arguments which they obviously are. It is you who decided to continue this. If you wanted to ask about my opinion you would have asked me directly without this:

Now you are playing the innocent victim card. Wow… So in my opinion you are trolling too.

I refer to this post which lays out the strawman arguments in all their glory.

1 Like

I’m not a victim of anything, so not sure where you are going with that.

I provided my interpretation of your post. I specified which arguments I see Ramona making in this thread, discrete from any of the points you are claiming as strawmen (I am not addressing whether they are or are not, as that is not material).

So let’s leave Ramona’s points out entirely, and circle back to the start of my first post:

So again, would you please clarify your original statement, as clearly people aren’t reading the same into your statements as what you are intending them to hear.

(edit: nothing - fixing malicious off-topic flagging)

2 Likes