Making Low-Sec Gate-Camping A Concord-able Offence

What about camping data and relic sites. Is that not “real” PvP either? Half of the types of PvP in this game are either camping.

1 Like

I completely agree with you on that, being that I don’t want it to be completely impossible, but I think it should be severely punished in Low-Sec seeing as though Null-sec gate camps are no-holds-barred. 60% of all systems in EVE are Null-Sec, that’s plenty room for gate camps to flourish.

I didn’t specifically mention this stuff but I think it would fall under the combat site hunting and ratting example I gave above, being that said pray of camp chose not only to commute through Low-Sec, but decided to roll-the-dice so to speak

Basically some carebears are realizing the profits to be made in LS and want in…but with no risk of course.

Just add it to the list…
No ganking
No bumping
No unwanted PVP
No gatecamping

6 Likes

Ah, I understand, Topic Title is a bit extreme. To me it just seems that the “response” to aggression in Low-Sec is just a little pathetic, seeing as NPC stations and gates are the only places that are “protected”, its laughable.

Not sure what you mean by no ganking (other than Gate-Camps) but like I said above Low-sec is usually peoples first experience with PVP(as it should be), the game is even formatted to try and facilitate that. Its very unfortunate that it’s usually a powerless one.

…because they don’t know what they are doing, haven’t fitted correctly or done any intel work. Gate guns deter any casual shenanigans but are useless against a knowledgeable and prepared opponent…as it should be.

2 Likes

I’m a bit lost.
You’re saying we should be punishing non-“real” PvP more severely because it can be done by bots?

Again I don’t think it should be impossible, but that sort of well put together gate camp should surely survive Null, where it would be more suitable.

Think of it this way, those carebears you mentioned earlier don’t want any risk, so by giving them shipping lanes they might just get ballsey enough to try going into (not just through) Low-Sec, giving you all the chances for war decs on Low sec citadels, bumping out of NPC stations and player stations, belt ganks, the works. They would also be off the beaten path making clean up easier.

But in LS, that person(people) are apex predictors. Every environment has them and NS is no different.

So basically, they don’t need to learn the game, do recon, fit correctly or gain allies…just hit the big old easy button. And how is it “ballsey” if they know they are 100% safe to enter?

Also, the clean-up is already being done by people not afraid to enter LS…carebears should not feel entitled to the same content/riches if they are unwilling to learn and apply a little effort.

1 Like

No, the botting is just something that is not just a concern for balance and, if I’m not mistaken UELA following, but also that people cant compete with computers unless…(PVE).

Again, the fact players are killed in Low-Sec isn’t an issue (to me), what is, is that it is virtually un-counterable. If they introduced a new skill that needed Astrometric Pinpointing V(5) that allowed you to combat probe scan bordering systems then maybe it would be counterable.

I’m still lost, then are you saying that this is changing your definition of “real” pvp? That if it’s something that’s (virtually) un-counterable, it’s also not “real” pvp?

This is wrong…I go in and out of LS all the time without issue and there are a half dozen reasons for that…please stop trying to frame the argument in absolutes. Everyone sees what you are doing and it just discredits ALL your arguments…

1 Like

I don’t quite understand that first bit.

The problem with recon is that either you give CCP one more sub and become a Multi-boxer, or someone (maybe said person themselves) has to become this weird sacrificial lamb, such content…(insert 2012 meme).

They don’t get anything more than gratification from entering though, transit volume of players in Low-Sec shouldn’t affect you unless your income is generated from unfair, uncounterable, ambush tactics.

But you’re wrong.

https://eve-gatecheck.space/eve/

Services exist that don’t require you to have more subs or become a multi-boxer.

2 Likes

This is a third party service, correct?

I just use Alphas, zKB and the real-time map…really not an issue…

They make profits because people are lazy, ignorant or careless…how is that unfair?

BTW, ambush tactics is covered on day 1 of combat school so to claim unfair is, well, silly.

1 Like

Yes, it is.

Gate camping is fine and is not an issue. Gate gun dps does hurt and helps the defender a decent amount IF THEY ACTUALLY FIGHT. Not to mention it makes smaller things trying to gate camp get blapped usually and so things trying to catch you on low usually lock slower.

Reasons being, and I’m just guessing, that you’re part of a low sec based corp, possible back up, toll payments to gangkers.

it would be nice to know those reasons, cause it kinda looks like you’re shitting down the convo…

Maybe he just has more balls than you?

3 Likes