Making Low-Sec Gate-Camping A Concord-able Offence

You can’t exactly fight back when you’re out of target range and or get deleted before you finish target locking.

Yes, yes you are. Or as I said, desperately trying to frame the situation to fit yuor narrative and ignore any other possibility…

I manufacture in LS, hunt Clones and mining fleets…everything is sold at the nearest hub. I run haulers in and out with about 50-100M in them…haven’t lost one yet as I know the local’s scheduled, I check the boards and the map and if really nervous, use Alphas to “quickly” look ahead…

1 Like

You “can’t” be logged with an alpha and any other account at the same time…

Also combat school, lol

You are being killed by an apex predictor because YOU put yourself in that situation…

2 Likes

When did I say that? U log out, log in to the alpha and log out again and back…takes about 3 minutes.

…why does this need to be explained to you?

3 Likes

Yes. The fact you laugh at that actually shows just what little knowledge you actually have on the subject.

1 Like

Cries about dangerous space not being safe, did you turn off the warning about jumping into ls,NS, ws? You lost welcome to the sandbox. You played a stupid game a d won stupid prizes.

3 Likes

Okay, I didn’t get the chance to address this

I used the term un-counterable, not un-avoidable. big difference, it’s very avoidable, dont go into Low-Sec.

I’ve been trying to avoid absolutes this whole time, and there’s a line between being lazy with absolutes and talking about the specifics of the situation.

I would like it if we could stay in good faith communication here, as I understand that this is quite a subjective topic.

So basically, you think you should be able to just bumble through lowsec in a miasmos without scouting or making any meaningful effort to see to the safety of your slow, vulnerable ship?

2 Likes

No…how about find a different way in or any of the methods suggested?

I’ve been trying to avoid absolutes this whole time

so then your "dont go into Low-Sec* line would be…?

And there you go again trying to frame the conversation…Everything people have has been helpful and accurate and for the most part polite (for Eve at least) so please don’t position yourself to play the victim…again, we all see this.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what ship you fly, they all come out of warp gate lanes eventually, I think it would be more suitable to call it PVP once someone has decided to come out of that lane.

I already said something completely to the contrary, let people train, at the very least very niche skills that would be in-game due-diligence, like some sort of new combat probe scanning skill specifically for this sort of thing.

LOL…my god…

2 Likes

This is fundamentally incorrect in a you-don’t-understand-very-basic-game-mechanics sort of way.

You should probably take this opportunity to stop embarrassing yourself and learn about things like alignment time, covert ops cloaks, cloak-MWD, etc.

3 Likes

Oh god, not the memes (bees) lol

Out of curiosity, what gate are you having issues with?

I do know, after-burner is only needed for that. lanes should be considere unless you get into capital ships(which can jump), most everything else uses warp lanes

The 'Dont go in" was supposed to be framed that way, just a stupidly simple way of avoiding gate camp.

Also I’m not trying to frame or label, just kinda keeping that mindset there because its real easy for people to get vile about this sort of stuff

So far we’re all doing pretty good so…

1 Like

Cheers

You do know… what?

Because you clearly don’t seem to know what you’re talking about.

Gatecamps are very counterable. You can:

-Get some friends and just smash the camp
-Scout ahead
-Cloaky-MWD which has a pretty high success rate
-Covert-ops cloak, which is borderline uncatchable outside of some extremely poor luck
-Just fly something with an align time so low it’s essentially uncatchable
-Keep an eye out for smartbombing BS and don’t faceplant into them

And that’s by no means exhaustive.

Yeah, you’re probably not going to “counter” one after you bumble into it in a shitfit T1 industrial ship that is in no way prepared to make an escape, but that’s not exactly planning ahead.

4 Likes