Making risk vs reward fair for all

Know what I find strange about this?

This “experienced player” has been promoting nothing but buffing HS in pretty much every post they make. It is also NO DOUBT nothing but a really weird coincidence that the age of his forum account ties in with when Sabus Von Butthurt got smashed in that last nonsense thread of his and has not been posting here. But this guy has started and is becoming more and more frequent too.

Yes, I know it is nothing more than coincidence. I know that. This is DEFINITELY not yet another stupid forum-alt of that idiot. However…

The moment this idiot calls anyone a “bittervet” I may well laugh so much I genuinely lose control and wet myself.

Gankers target miners, haulers etc. by ganking miners you take a way a source of income. they are required to spend even more ISK to buy a new ship. Keep the process up and eventually they will be broke. If a group of gankers would target incursion runners they would be forced to buy new ships almost continuously. Like how CODE controls miners a bit in HS. While this wouldent have an immediate effect on the richest players it would put a serious clamp on normal rank and file members of those fleets. by ganking their source of income (their ship) you force them to buy new ships, gank them enough and they wont necessarily be able to run incursions. i cant believe i had to explain this.

I can’t believe how wrong you got it…

WTM is dedicated to being a newbro-friendly group which is why they allow t1 ships to begin with. If you made billions, let alone tens of billions running incursions and didn’t upgrade from the newbro friendly fit I’d be very surprised. You’d also be one helluva sandbagger :grin:. Most people who run incursions for a sustained period have very expensive fits and multiple ships for multiple roles, you no doubt know this. To make hundreds of billions sounds impossible, unless you ran exclusively 24/7 for years.

That is completely separate from the actual rewards of the event.

One is completely up to the activities of the community, and the other is completely determined by CCP.

If CCP were to change the Excavator drones to mine and hold 100 times more than it currently does, there would be an uproar. People would be completely upset, and we would have thread after thread of how terrible this change is, and how it would, correctly so, destroy the market.

And yet, no one, no one who was serious about addressing this problem, would ever be stupid enough to say that all we needed to counter this was to have more people roam Nullsec. If it were up to players to balance out something, CCP would never need to buff or nerf things.

I rightly believe that Rorquals needed nerfing. And yet, your solution, would apply to that as well. If we had 100 characters in every single nullsec system, all in cloaky ships, ready to kill rorquals, CCP would never have had to nerf Rorquals and Excavator drones. But the amount of effort, on behalf of players, would be ridiculous.

In reality, people do gank incursion runners. But not a lot, and not frequently, because Ganks themselves dont happen a lot, or frequently. Combine that with the fact that we are talking about Battleships with logi support, or travelling battleship fits with inflated EHP, were not talking about a couple characters in catalysts. Further combine that with the fact that incursions dont always spawn in 0.5 or 0.6 areas, which means drastically reduced concord response times. The bar is already raised with ganking incursion runners. This is why the risk has always been low.

I cant believe I had to explain this.

2 Likes

None of this really addresses what I wrote.

You said, the investment in ships and modules for the average player is very considerable, and yet you agree that WTM allows for minimal fits as entry ships where you can make back what you spent in 3-4 hours, some times even less if there are a lot of HQs. That is not a significant investment, for you to get your investment back in 3-4 hours.

Anything you make beyond that is pure profit, and can go, if you choose, to whatever upgrades you want. But that can be done 10 hours(And 1 billion isk) in, or 20 hours(and 2 billion isk) in, or however many hours you choose to spend before upgrading. The investment is already paid out, and therefore, isnt considerable.

Yes, and most people who run incursions, did not upgrade to 2, 3 billion isk ships until they made atleast 3, 4 billion. And they continued to make many tens, many hundred of billions of ISK.

At the end of the incursion, you would always get a mail/notification sent out to all players who received the LP payout as to who the top earners were. When I was running them, the average payout of the top people were around 1 million LP. Thats around 45 hours of running over a week or so, meaning 4.5 billion isk per incursion system. Some people didnt have lives, sure. But even if you made a mere 5 bill a month(or 50 hours a month) from incursions, in a year, thats 60 bill. In 2, thats 120 Billion. How many years has Incursions existed in EVE?

if there was not HS, less people would join the game, thus less people would leave the game.

1 Like

Im pretty sure thats exactly how nerfs are born.

WHAT?

The opposite should be done…Lvl 5 belong to high sec…bring Lvl 5 to highsec…
YOU only want pve players to be ganked in low…this would only lead to more players leaving because they are beeing forced to pvp,something they don’t like and don’t want…LESS pvp is the answer not more…

Same as above…scaring away miner will NOT populate the server…it will only lead to less players…make high sec MORE profitable to miner would help here…

Again a stupid and don’t thought through demand…less pve in high = less players online…

Nerfing it more is again no solution…making it more profitable will help here…

All YOU want is driving people to low into pvp…something 85% of the server does not want or likes…the result if you do this will only be those 85% LEAVING THE GAME and not -out of the sudden- having fun doing PVP…all your demands will have the opposite result of what you want to archive…

No, nerfs are born through a portion of the player base large enough for CCP to notice taking advantage of an imbalance in the game.

1 Like

stupidity. The wealth of people is only relative to other people wealth.

Just like making everybody taller won’t fix you being smaller than the average.

High sec is very profitable to mine, until everyone does it and floods the market.

Doesnt it always start with one person, though?

does it ?

What was the ONE person who started to say that T3C needed to be nerfed ? That wardecs had a very bad impact on the game ?

I dont know. But logic dictates that SOMEONE must have realized it was bad and voiced their opinion.

No it does not. Just like “who was first ? egg or chick?” actually makes no sense.

Very often, ideas are not born from one person. They are a common construction. Someone claims that a fit is too strong. Then it is discussed, arguments pro/against are used. That’s why we are social animals.

(That’s something you’d learn in history of sciences)

Many times, we give credit to one person but the idea was present before that person. We don’t give credit for an idea, we give credit for the work to establish that idea.

Explicitly said? No. But that’s the only acceptable way to handle it if they insist on reducing PvP risks to essentially zero. Highsec can be safe but only profitable for newbies learning the game, or it can go back to being more dangerous but have a decent income level. It is not ok for highsec to have endgame-level farming income without any meaningful risk or required interaction with other players.

No. You already have enough risk free farming as it is.

LESS pvp is the answer not more…

EVE is a PvP game. If you don’t like it go back to WoW, stop trying to ruin the game for the people who actually enjoy challenges and meaningful interaction.

make high sec MORE profitable to miner would help here…

Nope. Making hisec mining easier makes it LESS profitable for miners. Do you understand the concept of supply and demand? Increasing ore supplies drives prices down. On the other hand, killing highsec farming may drive out the farmer trash but the players who remain will enjoy vastly higher income because their competition is no longer exists and supply has gone down.

less pve in high = less players online…

Who gives a **** about how many farmer trash are online? You add nothing to the game whatsoever except your $15/month, if you paid your subscription and never undocked nobody would notice or care. You have whined and cried and demanded less and less interaction with other players, now you get to deal with the reality that you no longer matter to anyone.

Just, no. That’s the principle of a sandbox : you go where you are comfortable.

That’s the only way you can accept it, but it’s not like your opinion was interesting in the first place.

Lmao

I have to remember this.

Anderson Geten is tripped-up the chicken and the egg question.

Classic.

That question has a super-obvious answer, and if it eludes you, you should seriously stop playing internet spaceships and go learn some science, because you are severely uneducated.

1 Like

Not when “where you are comfortable” conflicts with other game design principles and is not good for the game as a whole. It doesn’t matter if I would be most comfortable in my own private system with level 1 missions that pay 100 billion ISK per hour and no other players permitted to enter, that is not good for the game and can not exist.