Why not just move all missions to High Sec, yes this is probably a bad idea, and would involve letting caps in high sec, but let’s think for a second. Numbers are down across the board, players are looking for something new and fun to do. Move all missions, including level 5s to high sec only, allow up to carriers in high sec since most of what runs L5 are supported carriers and dreads. This has a few advantages:
- teaches players that caps are not god
- gets cap ships blown up early on by npcs and teaches the mechanics in a more stable environment
- gives suicide gankers more targets
- expands the capital market
- exposes to caps before null sec (maybe gives people another reason to buy them)
- injects more modules for new players into the market (mission loot)
yes I know people will say it’s a bad idea, but really at this point, maybe something drastic to draw new players in and keep them shooting for a new goal in HS would be an advantage overall. War Decs are based on having structures now, so the ability to kill them easier (caps in high sec) might also make it more likely that conflict (ship losses) will happen.