Man, I really love this game

But my graphics card got burned down because of the bad, outdated coding…

I run 4 accounts simultaneously on a 6-year old computer just fine…

1 Like

That’s what I also expected to be able to do, because I have a 5-year old computer… maybe it’s just me, but others are also complaining, so it’s not just me…

Turn off DirectX 12 in the launcher and disable the Photon UI…

No, I swear, my graphics card is broken now, I’ve tried everything.

Maybe it’s just how bad Lenovo is, maybe it’s Microsoft, maybe it’s me, maybe it’s CCP, I don’t know, because they haven’t released new drivers for my laptop since 2018…

Ah, there’s the problem. I assumed you were playing on a desktop. I’m on a desktop. Laptops aren’t going to be able to handle EVE as well as a desktop. I can only play 2 accounts at once on my laptop in potato mode.

1 Like

But still, it’s weird my graphics card got burned down because of a 20 year old game…

The game itself may be 20 years old, but the graphics engine is being constantly updated. Lots of players are having trouble with the new graphics and visuals for Jita and Citadels.

2 Likes

So they expect me to pay 1000 euro each year for a new laptop to be able to play the game?

Not at all. I spent around $1,200 on this desktop system 6 years ago and it still plays EVE just fine. Your laptop just isn’t able to handle it, simple as that. Invest in a decent desktop system or dedicated, actual gaming laptop.

For the time being, play EVE in potato mode on it. When in-game, hit SHIFT+CTRL+F9 to disable all graphics except for the UI. I have to do this on my laptop as it is just a cheap, common $250 USD laptop that I got from Wal-Mart.

1 Like

I disagree, I have a 7th generation I7 processor, and have/had a geforce gtx 1060. That should be enough. And it was, but I don’t know, Lenovo didn’t release a driver since 2018, so I forced new drivers, it worked, but now I know it was a stupid thing to do, but if I didn’t do that I couldn’t play any reasonably demanding game… Also now since the Windows 10 2H22 update I’m experiencing these problems, so I just don’t know who is at fault here…

You are correct, the system you described should be able to run EVE. Drivers and Windows updates can definitely mess with things, that’s why I have them disabled. I haven’t updated Windows on my desktop since I bought it, and it continues to run just fine.

A complete factory wipe of your laptop and return to original settings may be what’s called for here, if you haven’t tried that already.

You shouldn’t have to keep updating your computer just to keep it running, much like an original vehicle from 1965 will still run just fine in 2022…

Please see EVE Support - System Requirements for specific requirements for EVE.

If your system meets these, and your still having trouble, best to EVE Support - Contacting Support to troubleshoot.

It doesn’t matter man, music from Eve Online is enough to keep me engaged… your game is really that good… but sad for me, I don’t have a computer anymore that is able to run it, thank God we have Youtube hee…

I just wanted smooth fps, that’s all, I really hate lag spikes… it makes me sick…

I’m convinced you really need a supercomputer to run EVE.

I was getting lots of blackscreens. Pretty apt simulation of space.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.