Mandating Resources for nullsec SoV

Please give an example where “random” as the core mechanic works in a way that motivates people to engage with it that is not related to gambling.

No, because staying in town means that you can’t play the slot machine and farm the same boss over and over and over and over again for a 0.1% chance of getting the item you need. And the expectation in WoW is that the difficulty is negligible and everyone gets to play the slot machine. Take away that and force the gambling addicts to face a real challenge and of course they’re going to be unhappy.

Oh right, we will default to the standard eve mentality (that is a poison) “if you dont like it, leave”.

No, it’s a basic principle of game design and your refusal to accept it demonstrates the fact that you are a liar and a fraud when you claim to be a game designer.

EVE is a PvP sandbox where success has genuine meaning because failure is always possible. EVE is about empire building, a complex player-driven economy, etc.

WoW is a PvE theme park where everyone gets to win and the core of the game is endless PvE grinding.

Obviously if someone wants a PvE theme park game where they get a participation trophy just for playing enough hours the answer is for them to play the game that meets their needs, not to try to turn a completely different game into something that it isn’t.

2 Likes

Or random little shits like you dont need to know my rl info, to go off and harass more people then you do on these forums, just to prove “you dont now what the hell your talking about”.

You cant group the two together, fundamentally they are different.

Gambling is betting something, usually money, for a potential good or bad outcome.
Random (examples like rng) Generally dont have that in a core mechanical situation, for example you dont place a bet for a random drop quality.

You should not compare the two.

Then don’t bring it up in discussion yourself as an important part of your argument. If you bring real life info into your arguments, expect people to call you out for proof.
However the “specific details” also wasn’t to do with your RL info but your inability to ever put sample numbers to paper or a real explanation of how you see a mechanic working, instead always falling back on “well the Devs will decide that” or “well it will depend on this”, and waffling away. This is why we call your posts rubbish, because you never say anything of substance, you talk like a bad politician promising unspecified tax cuts will save the economy.

P.S. You and your alt being in different newbie scamming corps is also not a coalition, you expect us to believe any of those claims you also need to prove them.

1 Like

Oh wait, who the hell gave you permission ot power to dictate what i can or cannot say?
K thx bye. Ill say what i want and there is not jack you can do about it. Don’t like my experience and knowledge? To bad.

On another note,
I try to produce a contrast to my positions as a developer and as a player. Some times they conflict. As a player i don’t mind complexity (actually i gravitate toward games that have it), it’s interesting and makes things dynamic, however, as a developer i am absolutely against it (due to its game killing potential and limiting population effects).

This is of the core reasons why i present this in some of my argumentation, however, at the end of the day eve’s problems are directly related to bad User experience implementation, and bad design principles (Like knowing that trying to appeal to a small player base is stupidity for a number of reasons).

Bottom line, if eve wants to heal it has to do so by ignoring its past mindset, and start healing the parts of the game that actually caused or are causing people to leave (like suicide ganking in high sec)

You know, try actually reading the full statement before raging and throwing a tantrum.
I wasn’t telling you what to say, I was saying if you don’t want people asking for RL Info about your career as a developer, don’t make claims about it…

You know, like this one, where you claim knowledge and experience yet have not ever named a single game you’ve developed, what role you had in that development (janitor doesn’t count), or companies you have worked for.
When you make that claim, people are going to understandingly call it out.

Everything causes people to leave, the question is which people you want to leave.
Of course, as a Developer you would know that… which again is why people don’t believe you actually have any development experience and are instead invoking a false appeal to authority to back your arguments, because you never use anything else to actually back them.

2 Likes

It’s also, because he talks about it like a kid who just discovered that field exists, and wanna brag about how he is the best in that field. That is, everything he thinks is always right, and every other idea is always wrong. A bit like DMC …
edit : my b I saw his icon, I thought he was about to post, but actually he did not…

Hey @Naari_Naarian you know, people would actually take your proposals a little more seriously if you stop pretending to be a developer and stopped lying.

Everyone here is just another person who plays EVE Online. If you come at these from a position that’s relatable to the experiences of other players, we’d understand your point of view.

If you were someone who actually fought in large scale nullsec fleet fights, or if you were someone who had gone out hunting for ratters and miners. Or maybe you were someone who looked into setting up an industrial set up with some alts. We’d be able to understand your point of view.

But when you come in here and start pretending to be better than everyone else, saying things like “I’m a developer” (and them promptly making very obvious mistakes a developer wouldn’t), it’s a little hard to believe you. On top of that, you maintain that, “I’m better than you attitude” when everyone can see you’re just lying.

Things like this. Where you come up with excuses to avoid supporting your claims. No one asked for your IRL info. But you are deflecting and trying to avoid providing any proof by claiming we are.

And the best part.

Things like this.
Where it’s so PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that you have no idea what an actual developer does. This isn’t how a dev thinks. They’re not focused on such a specific part of the game in the way you think they do.

I know you want to pretend like you’re important. It feels good when people think you’re smart. But you don’t gain respect from people by claiming something, and then saying something that’s so blatantly wrong in the same sentence.

So please, for everyone’s sake and your’s. Cut the crap. Stop pretending to be a developer that you are not. Stop pretending like suicide ganking actually has a significant impact. Drop the act.

Excuses, excuses. Anyone can claim to be a “prodigy game developer” if they never have to prove anything. And somehow whenever anyone asks you for proof of any of your narcissistic claims you fall back on endless excuses for why you shouldn’t have to prove anything. You are a liar, period.

Oh look, the fraud demonstrates his ignorance of game design again. Which is the better business model:

1. Creating a game targeted at a specific market niche of 50,000 potential customers that is being ignored by everyone else, making design choices that appeal to those players even if it comes at the expense of appealing to people outside of that niche.

or

1. Creating a game with broader appeal, targeting a market of 5,000,000 potential customers that is currently being appealed to by dozens of successful games and hundreds of new games attempting to break into the market.

Option #2 has higher potential rewards but those rewards are unlikely to be anything but theoretical. You’re going up against established competition with a new product and you have to convince your competition’s customers that your game is better. Option #1 has lower maximum rewards but because there is no competition you can immediately claim the entire market as long as you produce a quality game that meets their expectations, and you can count on long-term loyalty as long as nobody else targets that market niche. Neither of these is the automatic correct answer, but the fact that you can’t understand why CCP is choosing option #1 reveals that you are an incompetent liar and a narcissist who has none of the knowledge or experience that you claim.

this is a great idea, while CCP is at it they need to remove 99% of the income from HS and 95% from LS… cause balance

ROLL
BACK
SOV
SELF REPAIR

Fornite does not agree
World of warcraft does not agree
Guildwars does not afree
League of legends does not agree

It seems there are many examples to take from that have 5m+ players, and are generating 2+ times the income of wow (actually, i think all three of those are 3X or better).

Lets be clear,
Eve does not claim the market.

Thats sorta like saying “hey that big mountain over there, i own it because im the only one standing on it”. The stupidity of that thinking is mind blowing.

The whole “the lower the security, the higher income” is a bad construct.
Every activity should have risk and reward that is progressively advancing. For example, the risk and reward of pvp in high sec, should be really no different then null, just as the combat in high sec should progress to a income/risk rate of null.

This is a radically different way of structuring the game, but it will help streamline the game to make space more consistent, by removing a psychology that is destructive and directly responsible for a large exodus of the game (by the way, in more then one way).

JFC you’re clueless, just keep demonstrating that you’re a fraud. Option #2 is difficult because those games exist. If you try to make a game targeted at WoW’s audience you have to deal with the fact that WoW is already successfully capturing that audience. You have to be better than WoW at doing the thing WoW has spent years refining into a successful business strategy, and you have to be better by a large enough margin that you can draw away a profitable customer base before WoW adds new features to compete with you and take away your advantage. The difficulty of this is why history is littered with failed “WoW killer” games that tried to go up against the market leader and failed.

Lets be clear,
Eve does not claim the market.
Thats sorta like saying “hey that big mountain over there, i own it because im the only one standing on it”. The stupidity of that thinking is mind blowing.

Yep, just keep demonstrating your ignorance. EVE does in fact own the mountain because they’re the only one standing on it. If you’re a customer in that “mountain” your choices are EVE or nothing. If you want to play an EVE-like game at all you play EVE, and that’s how it will continue to be until/unless someone else steps onto that mountain and tries to claim EVE’s audience.

For example, the risk and reward of pvp in high sec, should be really no different then null, just as the combat in high sec should progress to a income/risk rate of null.

You keep ignoring the fact that the only meaningful risk is PvP. You can not increase the risk of PvE in highsec, you can only increase the minimum ship cost and/or SP to farm that content. Eventually players will figure out the optimal farming strategy and turn that PvE into yet another zero-risk ISK source. The ONLY way you can add any risk at all to any activity in EVE is to add the potential for other players to get involved and kill you. And increasing that risk in a PvE context means taking the PvE out of highsec and into space where PvP threats are greater.

Meanwhile back at star citizen, having 3 million players.
How does that make you feel, that your game got beat by something not even out of alpha yet?

Must really sting to be wrong.

Please stop lying. Star Citizen has zero players because Star Citizen is still empty promises and pretty tech demo videos. It might have 3 million people interested enough to join the “notify me if this is ever released list” but it sure as hell doesn’t have 3 million active players.

But hey, why am I not surprised that a narcissistic fraud like you would love a scam like Star Citizen?

man you sure are desperate to get my to quit your failing game. maybe if you were a real developer you could fix it.

Please quit this game. I beg you. Quit EVE, quit the forums, delete your characters, and never come back. EVE would be a much better place without your incessant lying and delusional self-promotion.

Also, a note for the people watching this thread: notice how the fraud ignores the argument that Star Citizen is not even a released game yet and can’t have the claimed 3 million active players. Instead of posting evidence that 3 million people are playing Star Citizen Naari falls back on another delusional accusation that I am a CCP employee. That’s because Naari is a liar and a fraud and routinely refuses to provide any evidence for their claims because no evidence exists outside of their own imagination.

1 Like

Im a dev, and there is not crap you can do about it. You and i both know it, your just a extra salty special snowflake.

Did not know that they came in those flavors, but it seems that there are still possibilities we never thought of with this game.