[March] Entosis Link and Sov Changes

Thats new, did not know you can’t build caps in low sec.

man you sound so silly. what are neuts? what is bumping? etc. etc. etc. istead of sperging on the forum why not think for a minute?

1 Like
  1. Yes. Local chat had nothing to do with what happened.
  2. The capitals and supercapitals on both sides made exactly 2 jumps, over an hour apart, and gated the rest of the ‘long way from home’.

Neither of the things you’re talking about would have affected that non-fight.

I’ve been looking at the current deployment of Pandemic Legion in Providence quite closely for the past months. There’s a few general trends: PL uses caps to entosis whenever subcaps can’t do it easily. PL dunks supercaps and titans on whatever is valuable. Providence alliances use guerilla tactics and cheap doctrines.

The given entosis changes would entirely favour PL in this case. As dotlan proves, PL can take sov no problem as the bigger entity. Also clear is that provi-members can sometimes defend against a bigger force. Which means these changes follow malcanis law’ quite good.

My express comment on these entosis changes: please revisit them yet again, by looking at the specific cases in provi right now. Which is a smaller vs larger entity conflict, and involves supercap supremacy.

I fear these changes help the ‘blue donut’ and do not encourage smaller groups without that supercap umbrella (or friends with one) to take sov. They’d be thrown out very easily after these changes.

So again: please revist these changes very carefully in light of big block dominance, guerilla warfare and small vs large entities.

Do not take away the ability to be an annoyance to a bigger entity - that salt is quite tasteful, you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, thought I’d add my 2 cents on this, since I have some experience in using entosis mechanics as a small group to attack a much larger entity.

I was Executor of Exodus. during WWB, and we were hired as mercs to kill and harass Spacemonkeys Alliance (RIP). We used 5-20 man gangs to entosis all of SMA/Goon space from Placid, through cloud ring, to half of Fade and pure blind. We made timers against 100-man groups of defenders. We earned over 300 Billion ISK in merc contracts doing this. We were worth every penny. For the longest time, the description of the station in O-CNPR was “Made from real monkey skulls”. That was our staging station for the final push in that war, and the description remained under PHORDE.

It was a really fun war, because we had an absolutely enormous target to fight and harass as a small gang group that was essentially trained to be the tip of a spear. We made literally hundreds of timers so larger groups could follow up for the node war. We destroyed IHUBs, TCUs, and freeported stations unnoticed while larger fights raged elsewhere. It was a war, but it wasn’t personal, it was business.

We didn’t want SOV, because we saw that there isn’t a realistic way for us to keep it unless we wanted to devote a shitload of time into doing things that weren’t our core gameplay. We don’t rat, in fact some people go out of their way to NOT shoot rats so they can keep their -10 to like 8 decimal place accuracy. We don’t mine, because that’s boring AF, and well, I suppose we can get one index up, but that’s not enough for a small alliance that doesn’t want to grow larger and will not bend the knee. We’re not farmers, we’re the barbarians. We’d maybe think of taking and holding a system if it meant our gameplay was logging in and trying to kill anybody coming by, but farming is for peasants so no thank you. Coincidentally, small group of barbarians looking for contract to do barbarian things to people. Send me an evemail with deets.

So, regarding these changes, I think you’re making a mistake. You’re changing SOV in the wrong manner. You’re moving it TOWARDS the solid blue donut again where small groups won’t be able to affect anything. Here are the proposed changes:

I have to ask, valuable, how?

I’m reading these changes combined with the proposed cap changes and I see entosis damnations and apostles. Scram the damnation with the apostle. Congrats, you win if you have more caps. No more fights across 400km of space, no more piloting, just webs, caps and reps. I suppose you have to find some way to get all these caps killed, but I’d argue that you’re doing it in the wrong place of the game, and that it seems that this will just consolidate cap power once the larger groups realize its bait city out there. If you want people to use caps more, and caps to die more, raise the hp of med/large citadels, and raise the dps cap. They can go die there. You’re trivializing node strategy and tactics.

The T2 module is pointless, you’re going to be webbed or whatevered in a subcap at 20 or 50, perhaps think about giving wiggle room around the outside edge of point/web range of faction fit recons, unless you want the strategy vs subcaps to be really simplistic without piloting. How big is the Alliance Tournament grid? why is it that big? Why is the T2 entosis module grid much smaller than the AT grid? The change to 50km to me says that you don’t want tactics, and I don’t understand why you think this is a good thing. 125km maybe? Give it a thought.

The anti-ecm boost is good. The ecm burst/ ecm interceptor was cancer in a node war, so cancer that we used it twice and decided it was too cancer for even us to use and put it away and never spoke of it again. Oops.

I think that you should take a look at something like FacWar node sizes for SOV node mechanics if you are going to carry out these changes as posted, especially the remote assistance and T2 link changes. Maybe allow the entity living there to affect node size towards their specialty with system upgrades. Would people rather have one or two big fights over an objective, or the possibility of endless small fights in subcaps where what they do personally actually matters? Let the resident influence it. Huge battles may get CCP press, but they are excruciatingly boring with tidi and that’s not toe tapping excitement you’re feeling, it’s the onset of renal failure from holding your bladder.

Why is nullsec still mostly empty? Why do most systems in null feel dead but for the endless citadels? Where are the people? Why are there massive amounts of systems taken and held unused as buffer zones? Why the blue donut? Why is 95% of the outcome of war in a video game decided outside that video game? Why does anything you can meaningfully do in this game take hours of waiting, then days of waiting? Why can’t small gangs just roll into a system and blow up a fuel storage or something and cause a small amount of damage to an entity day after day? Why do we have no ability for asymmetric warfare on a small scale for multiple small entities vs a larger entity? Why has logistics, the main thing battles are fought over in real life, been trivialized by 2 click jump freighters with gigantic range? What would be a way to change this? Why are fuel costs going up? Will this change behavior?

Let’s say there’s this bully that keeps on picking on everybody at the playground. He’s picked on at least 100 kids by now, and they all want revenge. What would happen IRL, and what happens in eve? The problem with eve right now in my opinion is not that the bully exists, it’s that there are no mechanics for the kids to get their revenge. Why won’t you let the kids get their revenge, Fozzie? Think of the kids. Where do CCP devs put their alts again?

5 Likes

This is absolutely correct.

When Goonswarm attempted to take over the region ECM and sensor disruption was frequently deployed against entosis ships. Being stuck in space unable to do anything other than wait was not fun gameplay and it was this that defeated the Goonswarm invasion almost as much as any direct military conflict.

PL has used FAX and Dreads equipped with entosis modules to prevent ECM disruption from resetting their progress, making the old hit and run method almost impossible. The roaming content in Providence is rapidly drying up and the last economic report shows that vast amounts of ISK are leaving the area as residents flee. Spectre are no longer camping KBP-7G because nobody likes being dropped on with a super capital blob.

The current x5 penalty to capital entosis is meaningless and these changes are token at best. Too much change in this game has benefitted PL and their immediate needs more than other entities, it is increasingly difficult to stay objective about the EVE development process.

3 Likes

true m8, new entosis changes are pretty bad. there is no counter against cyno ship+fax for small entities… :frowning:

1 Like

dont complaining. give them ideas for a better Sov system. or do you think the old deadstar mechanic was better?

There has already been a suggestion where dictor/hictor bubbles cancel and stop cyno’s and cyno’s have a spool up time(10-15sec) before caps can jump that would solve this issue.

2 Likes

What about a Cyno Mass Inhibitor ship that could reduce the over all mass of a cyno field by directing its link to the ship that has lit the cyno field?

Capital ships stuck on the other side of the cyno would be juicy targets while an enemy fleet chased down Cyno Mass Inhibitor ship.

The Cyno Mass Inhibitor ship would have a short cycle of 30 seconds and a range of about 75km with a cool down of 1 minute between each cycle.

For me it looks like these changes are good. Changing things towards people who not only “doing barbarian things” but actually doing planning, building and stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.