Hi folks! This thread will serve as the discussion hub for the proposed changes to entosis links and sov capture events that we announced in the recent dev blog.
As a quick recap, the changes we are proposing for the entosis link itself are:
- Allow remote assistance to subcapital ships with entosis links running (including remote reps)
- Significantly reduced max ranges: 20km for T1 and 50km for T2
- Significantly reduced fitting requirements for the T2 module: 20 power grid and 5 CPU
- +100% sensor strength to any ship with an active cycling entosis link
Combined these changes would represent a very significant shakeup of the balance around entosis link use, pushing capture groups closer to their targets and allowing full use of remote repairs.
It’s worth noting that capital ships running entosis links would continue to be prevented from receiving remote assistance.
For the capture events themselves, the proposed changes are:
- Increase the score gained per node capture from 5% to 7%
- Reduce the number of starting nodes from 5 to 4
- Increase the random node spawn chance by ~14%
These changes reduce the total number of nodes needed to complete an uncontested event as well as concentrating the initial fighting somewhat. After the changes completing an uncontested attack/defend event would require 6 nodes for defenders and 9 for attackers.
As with other features, we do not consider changes like this to ever be the “last word” in iteration. We have expressed support in the past for the idea of eventually merging sov structures and Upwell Structures together with a larger set of changes and we are still interested in doing something like that someday. However we do think that changes like this to shake up the strategic challenges for players can be extremely valuable and we hope you enjoy them.
Please let us know what you think about these proposed changes in this forum thread, and thanks for reading!