[March] Entosis Link and Sov Changes

What about the hecate which aligns in 1.7 seconds without any mod’s on and the caldari T3D which comes in close second xD?

Alright, Cool. Keep nullification, lower agility, add more scan res to destroyers. But still remove Entosis from being fit to capitals, destroyers & frigates. I am convinced that the Sweet spot for Null sec Sov warfare is cruiser through Battleship. Wormholes are awesome because there is no Supers. That should tell CCP Something.

Those don’t have interdiction immunity on the other hand , and yes it is out of place for a destroyer class ship to achive that, but interceptors have both .

Or you know. Just remove anchored bubbles entirely. Then people have a ship and pilot on grid to have a bubble. And then you can remove nullification entirely since its no longer needed for gate travel.

On topic @Arrendis not up on latest fax fits. But how many neut ships do you need to shut down a fax. Also if it’s just throwing reps couldn’t you just neut the entosis ship to shut it down? I mean sure counters exist to neuts. And they might win a node. But you should get kills if you have grid control and they throw a fax at it like that.

Entosis ships will be able to receive remote assistance, so they’ll be able to get remote cap from the fax. Remember: it only needs that cap when the entosis cycles every 5 minutes.

lol so, we’re pretending NIPs and NAPs don’t exist? Cool. Remind me who came up with b0tlord again?

Renters cannot realistically band together in the current meta of Coalitons. Curious what small band of pvp pilots you come from? See above.

No, we’re saying blatantly that those who can take space decide on their own where they’re going to live (TEST) and those who can’t get settled someplace by their bigger buddies (BRAVE).

Now remember that graph showing age of players in alliances hmmm.
Let’s not pretend otherwise these days.

Lets go to the extreme. Like go back to only being able to warp to gates & stations at 15 km’s. The slow boat of death.

In no way should the entosis ship get reps ever.

Grid control should always be first and entosising the reward. Entosis should not be a means to control grid but a means to say, " ha, we are here to fight ".

1 Like

If it wasn’t for bookmarks I wouldn’t mind warp to 15 honestly. The way it made you need a million bookmarks was the issue.
Obviously you would have to change up industrial ships some to make it more reasonable…

But yeah. I don’t think removing static bubbles is an extreme. It would hardly affect large fleet fights since they all use ship produced bubbles.
What it would affect is bubbling your gates up to slow down roamers. Which would mean people wouldn’t need to roam with just interceptors, you would see a much larger variety of ships, and whenever you risk a Hic to bubble for a gate camp you would catch said people making for more pew overall

2 Likes

One of stated design goals was also to spread fighting out over multiple systems, to avoid a situation where there were thousands of players in a single location.

Wasn’t there a keepstar somewhere in cloud ring that had so many players on the node that fighters stopped working?

Explain how this change aligns with the objective of spreading the fighting out over a greater area?

Capitals should be able to entosis, but not enter siege or triage at the same time.

The fact that a sieged dread does not benefit much from that +100% sensor bonus might be a fair sign something is not quite balanced.

1 Like

Great changes. Good work.

Also good.

I’m less keen on this. Could encourage more blobbing. Though it’s not a huge change, I think it’s a change in the wrong direction.

I really hope so.

2 Likes

ok really simple. EVERYTHING in this is good except the ranges. you are essentially going to make the best possible way to toast being a brick tanked super hac or a command ship brick tanked. there will literally be no point in trying to toast any other way with this change. if you keep the current ranges you will have people doing way more. the idea of eve has always been a sand box, this change wont leave you with ANY options other that brick tanking. secondly this also means people cant ninja toast in order to bring fights. there is a large amount of fights that happen from groups just troll toasting. everything else is an amazing change.

That short range stops oversized mwd since it won’t be able to turn fast enough for the orbit, and no one wants to try catch something going 8-10k/s lol.

I will have no problem as long as that subcaps can’t receive reps from capitals.

2 Likes

You can ninja toast to bring fights still, you just have to be prepared to actually fight, or stop entosising if you decide to run away. And running away is still an option. You can still move outside these ranges while entosising, it will just disrupt your cycle. Keep an eye on directional and local and you’ll be fine most of the time (fly a cheap ship for the other times).

actually they could just take away local chat if the holder didnt meet certain requirements to be very honest.

yeh and both sides had basically come a long way from theyre home systems to uhmm well… not do much tbvh… now ask yourself
if these guys couldnt use the local chat would they have been there??
would not engaging have been exactly possible if they couldnt move so easily??
now have a think about how much higher the chances of border clashes would be between groups if they could dissappear back out into the void?
And have a serious think about all the little stuff going on in that void, undetected, hidden…

I seriously advocate a change to ‘local channel as intel’
i think its really the only way forward tbvh

Also, not many people will attack sov if they have to remain within 50k of a node; the defenders dont even have to entosis, remember that; all theyll do is come in ravens and command destroyers, there wont be a fight.

1 Like