Market Changes for the Rest of Us?

It’s the same. The way you look at something has an impact on what you see.
And so what you claim exists as a relation, exists for the sole reason that you looked at it this way.

I’m mocking you for telling BS. When you select a subset of the items, crafted by an arbitrary selection, you can always make pseudo-scientific relations. Does not mean than it makes any more sense than random BS.

:smiley:

Yes, I understand. Buy low sell high.

The only problem you have now is that you can’t run the bot all the time, or sit at your computer and do 0.01 Isk PvP.
The rest remains normal. Calculate a reasonable price - > put it in.

3 Likes

That completely ignores the subject at hand: liquidity.
By this one comment you make it clear that this is the extent of your understanding of economics, which is far more complex than you realize.

The bots I run do things like help make computer chips, welding on mobile homes, etc.
Many of them DO run all the time.

What’s wrong with market PvP?

The update didn’t say that it was trying to stop market PvP.

By “the rest” I presume you mean “everything outside the markets”, because the markets have just completely changed how they work via the changes to the rules of trading.

Do you use always insults to cover your inability to make intelligent arguments? Do you always make up arguments and claims because you dont have anything meaningful to add to the conversation but still want to feel important?

Edit: You know what is sad, some people are so bitter and negative that they see everything in a negative way. Its said but true. Anything that is not a super positive is taken as negative. That actually is a sign of something quite bad, but i wont get into psychology here. Especially, since simple posts seem to fly over your head.

You can write it, but it flies over your head when anyone else writes it. Im going to guess you just skim posts and pick out portions to troll rather than actually take what is written in context and form a meaningful intelligent post about it.

I bet you think your being clever, dont you? You’re not. You’re just being sad, pitiful, and appear to be desperately seeking attention and approval from others. Maybe you should try your hand at being an influencer? Then other people with low self esteem looking for approval from strangers can adore you and your (not) witty comments.

2 Likes

Exactly: how you’re viewing it is affecting your conclusions.
Your “search criteria” is “low margin spread”.
So of course that is going to be identical to “low margin spread”.

But if you INSTEAD change your view to “High volume trading”
You’ll see that it isn’t self defining as “low margin spread” and thus the correlation is meaningful.

I have not told any BS, so this comment is BS.
If I tell you the truth, and you don’t believe it: it is still the truth that I told.
The truth doesn’t need your approval, and no one needs your insults.
The fact that you resort to personal insults proves that logic isn’t sufficient to support your position.
Ridicule is the loser’s way to save face when you’ve lost the argument.
Most people are smart enough to know that your emotional ploys are because you know you’ve already lost the argument to a more valid position.

The high volume trading isn’t an arbitrary selection. It is selecting for the most reliable data, that will give you the most data within 3 standard deviations. If you had any background in scientific analysis, you would understand the value in applying scientific methodology to problem solving.
By the way: it works very well in the real world also, so I suggest you get yourself more acquainted with it.

You do for sure :

That was insults.

So go ■■■■ yourself.

No it’s not.
Just because you took another term does not mean that those two terms are not correlated by themselves.

You can make correlation about almost anything, just because you use two different terms does not mean that the correlation actually has any sense.

Look :

Yes you have. You took an arbitrary correlation, and them claim this makes sense.

No you don’t. You tell how you want to see truth, and what path you take in order to not see something that does not look like it.

What you told is BS : it’s just meaningless things put together in an attempt to make the total have a meaning. It does not.

It is. The initial claim, that I addressed, was

There was no mention of a volume of the items.
When someone after that uses this filter to justify to make sense on the general case, it is an arbitrary filter that has no reason to be used.

Then you claiming that this affirmation is true, in the general case (which is what I argued against), just because it is true in an arbitrary subset, is BS. NOT truth.

If you had any background in scientific analysis, you’d know that correlation are completely meaningless.

A correlation is ONLY a way people WANT to see reality. It’s just a filter applied to create a simplification. It has no meaning wrt. the internal data.

To deposit only a quarter of the volume as security had been long enough. It’s over now. Live with it.

Sense?

You still can. Just not to the same extent as before. Make smaller orders and continue your PvP.

No, by the rest I mean that normal thinking people will adapt and find a solution for everything, because it affects everyone equally.

The only cry cry that can stop. win win

Your comment is full of false assumptions.
First and foremost is that the change is somehow greatly impacting me, and that I feel “ruined” by the change.

The truth is: I largely ignore the market aspect of the game.
With the change: I’ll continue to almost completely ignore the market.
So not a big change from my standpoint.

So why am I speaking up on this topic? Because this is the General Feedback thread.
I happen to have an excellent grasp of this sort of thing, and so my feedback is of value.
Interestingly enough:
I’ve found that people who are experts on topics tend to value my advice.
People who largely don’t understand a topic tend to dismiss my advice.
Who’s opinion do you think impresses me more?
Someone who founds an investment firm, and thinks my advice is well thought out?
Or someone who trolls me on a forums and thinks economics is only “buy low, sell high”?

You made reference to my bots. I figure you were implying that I was using bots to manipulate the markets in Eve, but that’s not the type of bot I develope.

Again, what’s wrong with market PvP that it has to be reduced? Or changed in any way?
And really, you CANT still do market PvP because a single price change will put many trades in the red, and that’s on the most liquid items, the ones that are best suited for market PvP.

What’s the solution for higher taxation?

Okay, you lost me with that, not sure what you’re saying?
Pretty sure it is just trolling though, so I’ll just ignore you after this response.
The point you switch to emotional arguments is the point you have internalized that you lost the rational argument.

Like always, take it into account ?

Last time CCP increased taxes, I increased the price of the items to compensate. Since my margin considers the taxes as a cost of the production (rather than a reduction of the income), it means I actually increased my profit (my minimal margin remained the same).

1 Like

Like two peas in a pod.

too easy, try again

For you, expert.
The bots have been outbidding each other non-stop, creating unnecessary traffic/index fragmentation on the databases. Is that explanation enough, you IT expert?

The people who only whine can stop playing. Is a win-win situation for those who stay.

You didn’t have to bring Wall Street into it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.