Mass Test on Duality for bookmarks: Thursday, October 10th, 2019

Hey!

We are planning a mass test on Duality on Thursday, October 10th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

• Shareable bookmarks
    – Server performance of shared bookmark folders
    – Client performance of shared bookmark updates
    – General client performance for bookmarks (probably mostly the same as the existing system)

How to connect to Duality for this test:

• Change the server from Tranquility to Duality in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.
    Duality_1

Test steps:
Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)

1. Meet in FD-MLJ
  2. and following: Create bookmark folders, share them and so on… details later :slight_smile:

What else should I know?

• It is probably best to be in a frigate, but you do not need to fit any weapons
  • Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
2 Likes

Why Are the SP awarded on Singularity???

Duality will be closed down again quite soon, while Singularity will stay available.

will duality be reopened after masstest?

We don’t have a current schedule for this but Duality will be open after the masstest, and will probably stay open for at least a short while until we move the Bookmark feature to Singularity.

When will the Duality being Online for Login ???

Is online but not visible in launcher as online

Maybe it’s just a matter of changing the way we do it. But im interested in see if it’s still possible to create a scaveger/puzzle hunt with the new shared BMs. I am starting testing now on duality but if anyone has any ideas please share!

Ok, so, one thing I’ve noticed with personal bookmarks. If it’s set to never expire, you cannot change it to an expiration time. That would be nice. Same goes for shared bookmarks.

Maybe it would be good to make expiration a folder wide option as well.

1 Like

There really needs to be a separator between personal and shared folders. The icon is not enough.

2 Likes

I agree, a more obvious separation between personal and shared is necessary to make it clearer.

1 Like

There should also be 2 Inactive Folders folders. One for personal bookmark folders and one for shared folders. Same problem as above: differentiating between folder types should be easier.

I liked this new feature and I hope it to be implemented soon.
How long it will take for the 2M skill points to be awarded in sisi?

What’s the difference between Duality and Singularity?

on duality you have emergent conduit sites and trig rats. sisi has them gone

Removed an off topic post.

Thank you for participating in this test! I am still analyzing the performance numbers, but they seems to be very helpful on the first glance. Also thanks to all the feedback, and several topics of it are already being added to our task list (mostly for how to improve the user experience like the separation between personal and shared folders).
2 million skill points have been added to the participating characters on Singularity.

Could you also consider the possibility of assigning a few different colors to the bookmark icon instead of just black and white?
Even only 2-3 colors to choose from would big a huge help to differenciate them quickly in some crowded system maps.

I am curious as to the status of bookmarks being “converted into “physical” items that can be traded with other players”. Will that feature not be available in the final version? Curious since I use BM to help lost pilots out of WH. I assume this would also negate selling BM on the market. Thank you for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.