We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Thursday, November 7th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!
What exactly is being tested?
Two subjects are under test - Shareable Bookmarks, and the Travel System.
The Travel System update is a graphical update with gameplay implications. The test participants should pay attention to how the jump effects look and feel, and how readable the game information is (sec, empire) for the tunnels. The team is on the look out for any exceptions or tech issues that haven’t evidenced themselves in house (bug reports from in-client most appreciated). We are also interested in gathering feedback in many areas, a short list is below and may get updated before the test:
Smoothness and timing of jump sequences
- Awareness of difference of tunnel types (e.g. Location, Security Level, Travel Method)
- Tunnel lighting and brightness
- Lightning brightness and intensity
- Queasiness or discomfort from using the tunnels
- Technical concerns (performance, camera edge cases, driver issues, crashes, etc.)
The team would appreciate a variety of ship classes and sizes to be brought to the test, since the camera is repositioned by data inferred from the hull.
Shareable Bookmarks allows sharing of bookmark folders based on access lists and was already tested in the last mass test. This time we are running further performance tests to ensure proper client and server performance of the new system. We also implemented a multitude of UI improvements based on the previous mass test and are interested in your feedback.
How to connect to Singularity for this test:
- Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
- More detailed instructions are available here.
Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
- Meet in Eha at the gate to Oicx (or docked)
- Jump to Oicx
- Bookmark tests, part 1:
- Create a personal folder
- Create a personal subfolder
- Create a bookmark in personal folder
- Create a public access list
- Create a shared folder
- Move bookmarks between folders, and subfolders
- Share your shared folder in chat and subscribe to other peoples shared folders
- Mark you shared folders as inactive
- CCP: Share the CCP folder in chat
- Subscribe to CCP shared folder
- Warp to a bookmark in the CCP folder
- Jump to Vlillirier
- Create a bookmark in CCP folder on countdown
- Jump to Renarelle - CYNO (caps + blops)
- Create a bookmark in CCP folder on countdown (with anti-spam measures)
- Jump to Aubenall - TiDi
- Jump to Oulley
- Jump to Orvolle
- Jump to Pf-346
- Fleet W: Jump to FD-MLJ
- Fleet X: Jump to FD-MLJ + Fight
What else should I know?
- Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system Eha
- 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test