Mass Test on Singularity: Thursday, November 7th, 2019

Hey!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Thursday, November 7th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?
Two subjects are under test - Shareable Bookmarks, and the Travel System.

The Travel System update is a graphical update with gameplay implications. The test participants should pay attention to how the jump effects look and feel, and how readable the game information is (sec, empire) for the tunnels. The team is on the look out for any exceptions or tech issues that havenā€™t evidenced themselves in house (bug reports from in-client most appreciated). We are also interested in gathering feedback in many areas, a short list is below and may get updated before the test:
Smoothness and timing of jump sequences

• Awareness of difference of tunnel types (e.g. Location, Security Level, Travel Method)
  • Tunnel lighting and brightness
  • Lightning brightness and intensity
  • Queasiness or discomfort from using the tunnels
  • Technical concerns (performance, camera edge cases, driver issues, crashes, etc.)

The team would appreciate a variety of ship classes and sizes to be brought to the test, since the camera is repositioned by data inferred from the hull.

Shareable Bookmarks allows sharing of bookmark folders based on access lists and was already tested in the last mass test. This time we are running further performance tests to ensure proper client and server performance of the new system. We also implemented a multitude of UI improvements based on the previous mass test and are interested in your feedback.

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.

Test steps:
Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)

1. Meet in Eha at the gate to Oicx (or docked)
  2. Jump to Oicx
  3. Bookmark tests, part 1:
  • Create a personal folder
  • Create a personal subfolder
  • Create a bookmark in personal folder
  • Create a public access list
  • Create a shared folder
  • Move bookmarks between folders, and subfolders
  • Share your shared folder in chat and subscribe to other peoples shared folders
  • Mark you shared folders as inactive
  • CCP: Share the CCP folder in chat
  • Subscribe to CCP shared folder
  • Warp to a bookmark in the CCP folder
  1. Jump to Vlillirier
  2. Create a bookmark in CCP folder on countdown
  3. Jump to Renarelle - CYNO (caps + blops)
  4. Create a bookmark in CCP folder on countdown (with anti-spam measures)
  5. Jump to Aubenall - TiDi
  6. Jump to Oulley
  7. Jump to Orvolle
  8. Jump to Pf-346
  9. Fleet W: Jump to FD-MLJ
  10. Fleet X: Jump to FD-MLJ + Fight

What else should I know?

• Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system Eha
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
1 Like

Cool! I hope the M-OEE8 local channel will be fixed by then.

I want to participate

Quick update: Singularity will remain in VIP-mode overnight (only CCP and bug hunters can login) and will be opened tomorrow, as soon as we confirmed that everything is fine.

With regards to the updated warp tunnels:

I just happened to watch The EVE Vegas Art of EVE video and noticed that all of dronelands are classified as Caldari tunnels but they have gallente gates. Since Drones originally came from the Gallente drone manufacturers, that area of space should show the gallente tunnel effect.

I also see a lot of ā€œturbulenceā€ in the tunnels. Since I am not interested in turbulence I hope this can be turned off just like camera shake in normal space, or is actually turned off if you have turned off Camera Shake.

Iā€™m a butt lol, didnā€™t notice.

I canā€™t login to singularity until you guys do a new mirror, I recently came back to the game and had to change my password. I canā€™t login using my old one because I donā€™t remember it. CCPPlease

CCPPlease we need you to keep one single small feature: the bookmarks as physical items. We need to trade them by contracts.

1 Like

You understand that you cannot recover passwords on singularity right? The password on Singularity is whatever it was when the mirror was created.

So the skill points only apply to singularity and not tranquility correct?

Yesā€¦

Thanks for joining us for todays mass test! There are a few changes weā€™ve made to the Shareable Locations system that we want to draw your attention to as we are looking to gather some feedback on these aspects:

• Change in Terminology - The specific aspects of shareable locations have now been renamed to be clearer and better match the EVE universe. You now Connect to Shared Folders, and they can be Online or Offline (formerly active or inactive)

• Changes to the right click in space menu - When right clicking in space Saved locations will now all be organised under a ā€œLocationsā€ entry, rather than in the first menu. This change has been done for consistency with the other menu options (Stargates, Stations etc), and to keep the menu clean and clear, but we understand that this is a significant change to the usage of the menu.

• Changes to the Places tab - Folders have been re-organised to make them more readable and more distinct from each other

Thanks for the feedback!

I noticed that after jumping through a gate and landing on the other side, the camera seems to center on the gate instead of on my ship as it is on Tranquility at the moment. Is this intentional?

Thank you for inviting us to this test, it was awesome, love the new animation, even if it was a tad bumpy but that was to be expected.
o7

Iā€™m not sure if that was CCPā€™s intention but after jumping through a stargate the graphical effects of the tunnel continued until I had 46 seconds left on the invisibility timer. However, Iā€™ve noticed that during this time-frame I could click on something on the overview and initiate a warp/dock/jump command to another item where, in this case, the ship starts to warp immediately. Is it intended for this graphics effect to linger 10+ seconds after jump has concluded or is this an issue that needs to be addressed? If it is intentional, itā€™s an annoying change as jump times increase since I donā€™t see the other side of gate and my ship until it ends; hence will have to wait. If itā€™s something that needs to be fixed, keep the good work up!

It was a bug. They will fix it.

1 Like

Just some observations I had:
-Navigation no longer seems to be automatically selecting the next warp-to after a gate jump.
-The jump tunnel effect persists long after the session change has actually completed, to the point that a fast aligning interceptor can juuuust about be in warp while still in the jump gate tunnel.

Another usage for bookmark objects: personal notes and labels easily visible with item Assets.

Personal Assets is a hub of information about what I have or might do next, that I look at every time I log in.

I have ā€œimported vouchersā€ that were kept in station item hangers, that were used to remind me various facts about the station, helpful in market trading.

Like: ā€œThis system has an ice beltā€, ā€œThis station has a level 4 agent / storyline agentā€

• Why do I keep certain items in a far-away station?
  • Why should I avoid going here?
  • What should a market trader bring here?

Feature request: personal note creation for stations via Assets:
Right-click station / edit note - 64 character limit.
Visible as a Tooltip on mouse-hover over station names in Assets.

Jump Tunnel: still takes over player camera, this is annoying. But, adding the playerā€™s ship for the eye to focus on, is an improvement. The current / old system bothers me enough to jump with the map view open, so I donā€™t have to look the jump animation, when I have to make several consecutive jumps.

At the end of the NEW animation, WHY does my ship ā€œspeed up and move ahead out of sight, leaving ā€˜meā€™ (the camera) behind?ā€ I (camera) would like to ā€œarriveā€ with my ship.

I donā€™t have a problem with the in-system warp tunnel, and wish gate jump would have more respect for player camera control.

Adding player ship answers this playerā€™s request from 2013.

My 2015 ā€˜lolā€™ comment when the gate jump animation broke, due to a bug.

Circumstantial Evidence
Posted - 2016.06.08 17:57:45 - [16]

Please give us an option to disable forced camera move during the gate jump animation, even if the animation is not aligned with shipā€™s orientation. Some players have noted since the feature was introduced, that itā€™s cool the first couple times, but annoying from then on. Forcing the switch from 3rd to 1st person view, is the worst part of it.