Mass Test on Singularity: Tuesday, January 26th, 2021

Salutations space traversers!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, January 26, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

• The New Travel System Effects and Jump Tunnel Timing

• The New Fleet Finder in the Agency (this is secondary to the testing of the new Travel System Effects and Jump Tunnel Timing)

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.

• More detailed instructions are available here

Test instructions:

• Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)

• Join either Fleet X or Fleet W

• Please use the new Fleet Finder in the Agency to join the Fleets.
  • There will be at least one Cyno jump so feel free to bring a jump capable ship or a ship with a cynosural field generator

Steps (on command by CCP):

1. Meet in FD-MLJ
  2. Warp to PF-346 gate and HOLD
  3. All ships jump to PF-346
  4. Warp to Orvolle gate and HOLD
  5. Sub-capitals jump to Orvolle (capitals skip this step)
  6. Warp to Oulley gate and HOLD
  7. All ships jump to Oulley, gate or cyno (TiDi)
  8. Warp to Aubenall gate and jump immediately
  9. Warp to Renarelle gate and HOLD
  10. Cyno capable ships jump to Renarelle and light Cyno
  11. Sub Capitals: Jump to Renarelle
  12. Capitals: Cyno to Renarelle
  13. All ships warp to Vlillirier gate and HOLD
  14. Fleet W jumps to Vlillirier and prepares for fight
  15. Fleet X jumps to Vlillirier
  16. Fight!

2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test

5 Likes

Before anyone asks, if you joined up after October 21 2020, you will not be able to participate in this mass test.

2 Likes

Is CCP really still wasting time on this worthless graphical gimmick without any real usefulness? :thinking: No wonder that the rest of the systems break down one after another if CCP devs waste time and resources on this.

9 Likes

So I guess there will be no patch this month and CCP will skip PATCH NOTES - VERSION 18.12 directly to PATCH NOTES - VERSION xx.02?

PS: By the way, I find the earlier designation of the patches much better, when it was still clear which adjustment occurred in which month.
Currently, the adjustments are listed under December, fully confusing.

this is well timed:

This is not good:

Yeah, CCP has been wasting time with graphic gimmicks for far too long. Should have just left things as they were, and concentrated their dev efforts on my concerns. I don’t care about things like production pipelines, areas of expertise, or how people might be best utilized. I want all devs working on my personal priorities at all times.

Also, what’s this about jump tunnel timing? Will that ease congestion when large fleets jump through gates, prevent the ghost titan thing from happening again, or have any other meaningful effect on gameplay?

Anyway, I’m glad you’re here brother. Now…

16 Likes

No, that was about you appearing in local to other people before you entered local yourself because CCP had to play the jump tunnel graphics till the end.

2 Likes

scratches head i thought one could petition that?

hey, noob! which system we staging from for the test?

If you read their post it says to join the channel masstesting for instructions and probably will say where staging is.

Also considering they really don’t monitor the server or anything like TQ, they aren’t going to update it just to add someone, especially since we’re not far from another mirror

so the sp is on test server…pretend skill points??? how do you even call this a reward?

2 Likes

Staging will very likely be FD-MLJ again. We’ll add the test steps probably tomorrow, as soon as we have finalized them.

And yeah, skill points on Singularity are not worth a lot, but still better than nothing - at least for those, who are using the test server :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(I have wrote this in years past) the worst part of the “jump tunnel” is a disconcerting forced perspective change from 3rd to 1st person. The first revised version added a ship to look at (which then flew away from the camera!) Please don’t take camera control away from the player - it should work as much like in-system warping, as possible.

1 Like

“not worth a lot” …i beg to differ. most of the time they’re completely worthless as an item of trade in a “real” palace economy of eve-online. But, once in a while they’re priceless when you absolutely positively don’t want to waste more valuable time and isk on tranquility.

haha…hahaha…oh dear lord, thanks for that. I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10 on cosmetics (aka immersion breaking stuff) that rates a clear 2.

now, on the other hand, the way they didn’t blur warping through planets was a definite 9. haha and our ships used to get into this weird bumpy “nope not docking” bug that was usually a funny 4 but in low sec became 10! man, i mean, seriously “camera control”?

seriously. you’re complaining about the jump animation BUT NOT the realignment/reorientation of your default camera to a fixed direction when you enter another system from the exact direction of your previous system in relation to the current system???

you’re so cute.

1 Like

CCPlease, all I want is for the jump animation to be removed from potato mode.

Thanks.

The drop you into space animation after a gatejump is absolutely annoying and wholly unnecessarily nauseating. No one needs that, no one wants that, and it only creates unnecessary visual strain in already straining environments.

1 Like

Hi, i have an account from wayback and recently resubbed, will i be able to join the mass test, or for that matter even use the test server? Everytime i try to log in it just says invalid login combination… Would really love to try some new fits since ive been away some time.

You need to use your old password, I think.

1 Like