Mass Test on Singularity: Tuesday, January 26th, 2021

Xeux is correct - Sisi will have your login credentials as of the last mirror (October 2020); no updates you made to your password will be reflected until the next mirror.

I was hoping they would mirror today since there is a mass test tomorrow, but it looks like they dropped new code instead. We will likely see a mirror any time in the next month, based on dev availability to run the process (which has a lot of steps beyond just copying data from TQ).

ā€œYou have too many failed login attempts. Please wait a few minutes and try again.ā€

XD

Gonna have to dig real to deep for this

It could be worse.

2 Likes

Gate jump visuals are fun the first few times, it got a ā€œwowā€ from the crowd at FanFest when it was first introduced, ending the immersion-breaking (but not visually anything) ā€˜system loadingā€™ black screen that we had before. We do more gate-jumping than we do warping through planets - or docking at the end of a trip THROUGH several gates. So yes, Iā€™m bothered by it.

Jumping animation still shows in potato mode. Fix that.

If thereā€™s a need to inform the player they are in the middle of a jump sequence, then just put ā€œJumping to Destinationā€ in the overview instead of leaving it blank, or showing ā€œNothing Foundā€.

As for feedback, the bobbing ship animation and ā€œover the shoulder camera angleā€ feel very unpleasant to watch, and the final animation feels like something out of a cartoon, like Team Rocket being blown away to the sky and becoming a star. blink~ :star:

Itā€™s especially noticeable if you have tatical overlay on how your ship seems to be just spat out in the jump destination.

If you are going to take the camera control away from the player during the jump animation, then please let us choose if we want it in a panoramic or fixed mode, centered back or over the shoulder view, etc.

Thereā€™s a reason why we have the option to enable/disable Camera Shake, Camera Bobbing and Dynamic Camera Movement in the Esc menu, as some people might like them, while some donā€™t.

Honestly, I donā€™t really care about new animations, as long as the system-to-sytem jump performance is improved, but if you donā€™t disable the animations for potato mode, Iā€™ll keep complaining about it until my fingers rot.

3 Likes

I tested the new animations and mechanics on singularity and like them more than the existing ones on Tranq. However, I would feel better if ā€œJump Bridgingā€ and a jump of a large fleet through a Ansiblex Jump Gate would be part of the test since these are the parts we experienced occasional technical problems in the last weeks/months.

Travel is an unfortunate necessity in Eve, why overcomplicate it? I could care less about the ā€œeffectsā€. Why is this even a thing?

This animation revision seems to have improved the timing problem, but keeps a mix of perspectives: from first person through the gate, then third person (my ship snaps into view) ā€¦but now at the end, I watch my ship accelerate away from the camera, to arrive at the destination before me (the camera.) Why donā€™t ā€œIā€ arrive with the ship?

1 Like

Because your camera is a drone that is looking at the outside of the ship (lore, etc.). Apparently the drone gets left behind when you use a jump gate . . .

1 Like

I can access the server - I have been playing since 2016. Iā€™m rather stuck - any suggestions?

I canā€™t access the singularity server - any suggestion - been a member since 2016

If between Oct 21 2020 and now, you changed your password, you will not be able to access the server unless you use your old password. Youā€™ll have access again after the next mirror, unless you change your password after the new one

Well, because ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™s gotta look cool you know?

1 Like

lol ā€œmass testā€ good joke guys what a complete failure CCP is turning out to be

welp, based on the buggy as hell last few attempts to introduce this new 3rd person watch your ship zippy zip, iā€™d hazard to guess that itā€™s probably best to let sleeping bugs lie.

Thanks for helping with this mass test! The test went without major overall issues, but we managed to track down a few smaller problems (and some are still being investigated). Thanks for everybody, who sent a bug report!
2M skill points have been added to 324 characters on Singularity/

I participated yesterday with two accounts. It was my first time to participate in a mass test and want to thank the Devs to be able to participate and the way this event was organized. It was easy to understand and follow and with some fun in the end. Keep the good work up and I think it is a healthy statement for the game that these tests can be conducted in the way they are with every participant helping the best they can.

1 Like

Does the animation still make it take longer to jump between systems and not something that can be disabled in options? Its was cool the first time and after that just annoying to be honest.

1 Like

What do you mean? I think it went well. They were testing a few specific things.

The animation timings were likely the most important part of this latest revision, since the art design hasnā€™t changed. It canā€™t be disabled, but it can be ignored - by navigating longer trips while looking at the map view.