Mass test on Singularity: Wednesday, July 4th, 2018

Hello Capsuleers!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Wednesday, July 4th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

Client and server performance
Graphical changes to missile level of detail distances, impact explosion loading, and scene cleanup
How to connect to Singularity for this test:

Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the upper left corner of the launcher and log in as normal. More detailed instructions are available here 37.
Test steps:

Since we are mostly concerned with missiles, you will want to fit yourself an appropriate missile platform, ans especially frigate/destroyer class rocket ships.
We will start in FD-MLJ, at the station - [FD-MLJ VII - Moon 2 - Intaki Bank Depository].
Fit yourself some hulls with launchers and load up the appropriate ammunition. The more missiles/rockets/torpedos you have ready the better.
Undock and warp to the gate to X-BV98
Jump to X-BV98.
Warp to a Tatara and shoot it (only for a minute)
Warp to Poitot gate
Fleet W: Jump to Poitot + setup gate camp.
Fleet X: Jump to Poitot + fight at the gate
What else should I know?

Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test

2 Likes

FC can I bring my Drake?

12 Likes

How long will it go on for? Will we need to worry about ISK so we can keep blowing each other up?

Sorry to bump this, but should I use my regular profile for Singularity, or create a new one? I’ve never been on Singularity before, so I have no idea.

You can just use your main Profile, Just sign in like normal

Singularity has markets seeded with everything, and it all costs 100isk.

can you send out the tq notifications 10 min early, last time it was send at the same time as the test started

join on tranquility mailing list named “mass testing info” you will get notification few hours before masstest begins.

so yes FC bring a drake or two,dont hestiate to bring stealth bombers! RHML praxis,marshals,ravens 3.2.1. go

So when you bring your main pilot of the tranquility server, he will get rewarded 2 mio SP, which will carry over to tranquility? Or will the points just apply to singularity?

And does it matter how many missile racks you’ve?

PS: How long do you have to participate?

Greetings cyrus

Skill points don’t carry over to Tranquility.

As many missiles/rockets as you can fit (go for “gank” fits as I suspect most people won’t survive long any ways).

Not sure.

In the SE Asian time zone (i.e. Thailand) this doesn’t start until midnight local time. I’ll probably be sound asleep (again). If not, I’ll try to log in for the giggles.

1 Like

What happens on Sisi (Singularity) stays on Sisi. Any bonus SP you get on Sisi are ONLY for Sisi, they are NOT for TQ (Tranquillity). Plus, those bonus SP do eventually expire.

Sisi has some special rules that are different to TQ. https://community.eveonline.com/support/test-servers/test-server-rules/

Unless CCP announces some new fitting rules, fit your ship on Sisi the same way you’d fit it on TQ. CCP add almost all ships, almost all modules, all ammo types and all skillbooks to the market on one station in every hisec and losec constellation on the server (I’m not sure about null), and all CCP seeded market items cost 100 isk each. You can completely fit out a battleship for a few thousand isk on Sisi. Also, don’t bother with buying insurance on Sisi. If your ship on Sisi gets blown up, you get the full insurance payout for it without needing to buy the insurance.

This is also a way to give yourself isk if you need it, Buy the biggest ship you can fly, don’t fit anything on it, undock and self destruct the ship. Instant isk in your wallet.

I am new and am not sure how to use the command to be moved to the start system. Please explain

at chatwindow write:

/moveme

when new window open then click:

• fd-mlj

In local chat, type /moveme

A menu of systems comes up, select FD-MLJ.

got it thank you

4th July @ 17:07 - 44 pilots waiting in X-BV98, missiles at the ready - and not a Tatara in sight.

Nice work, chaps…

has anybody already gotten the 2M SP ?

You won’t get the SP for a day or two

Not me

What do you mean ?
This is copy / paste from the site announcing the test:
“Participants will receive a reward of two million skillpoints (available only on the test server Singularity).”
Doesn’t say anything about conditions