May I use an iPad to log into my account?

I am sorry if this question is posted in the wrong location but I was wondering if it was possible to log into my account and check my skills and how they are progressing using just an Apple brand iPad. Again, sorry. if this is posted improperly…

Yes and no.

Firstly the no: it’s not possible to login to a game client via an iPad to check skills or adjust them.

Secondly the yes: There are both webapps and native iOS apps that can let you check on your skill queue. There is https://skillq.net/ which allows you to authorize any of your characters so you can check them from anywhere through any browser. Apple specific, there is Neocom: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/neocom-for-eve-online/id418895101?mt=8 which is pretty much the best native app on any platform, aside from the game client itself.

2 Likes

Not so helpful for an iPad but a few years back I had Eve running well enough on a cheapy low spec tablet I could manage skills and even move stuff, etc.

My newer tablets actually have the spec to play Eve really well on the move if I actually played any more.

3 Likes

sounds like lag x 100 for me :smirk:

Can you give us some details?

That aside, he can use a remote desktop client to connect to his PC. It worked on my phone but since my phone resolution was small I had to scroll all around making it only usefull for skill checking and reseqrch/manuf. queues. Managing the vaults was horrible as I kept dropping stuff all over the place. RDP for Adroid and OpenVPN to my home. But there are other combinations possible.

2 Likes

emmm
Try to use teamvivewer……
BUT YOU STILL NEED A PC TO RUN EVE

2 Likes

Wow…how do u do that? Didn’t think you could install of games on tablets.

If its a windows tablet it can run anything that can be installed and that passes any minimum system requirements checks, i have a windows 8.1 tablet which could install the game, wouldn’t run though because its GPU is non-existent :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thank YOU so much for all you pilots invaluable help and advice, thank you

Any Windows (8 or 10) tablet with a higher end quad core Atom (the lower ones don’t have a good enough GPU) and atleast a couple of GB RAM should be able to install Eve though you will have to drop settings to low to get approx. 30 FPS.

This was a few years back but I did have to optimise things a bit, RAM cleanup, killing background tasks, etc. with only 2GB.

These days you can get Intel Y and M series, etc. Windows tablets with 4+GB RAM fairly cheap which will run Eve fine and/or for something more game friendly there are devices like the GPD Win and Pocket line of hybrids.

2 Likes

I am not sure about the iPad but it is possible with any Android device since around 2017. Once you install the VM client and install EVE under your “Windows 7 or later install” you can log in and view skills etc. You will not have much fun flying around since the graphics will not work properly. Also set all your graphics settings to minimum (also ingame) and you can load up your station view just fine and use all tools like normal (including skills). Note: your Android device will need to be rooted. Have fun!

1 Like

Thanks Michelle Vega, Rroff, Aedaxus (and everyone else); thanks for the VERY valuable help and assistance…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.