[MERC] Vendetta Mercenary Group

Thats the thing though, you would think drones would know to not engage or be able to if its not a valid target. Not to mention you wouldnt really know your drones are still going to shoot it even if you suddenly cant with your guns.

1 Like

Say you pressed F (or whatever key you have tied with drone aggro) before a suspect timer was up (only a couple of seconds), the drones will still have in their mind that the timer is still up when it isn’t.

I know it’s pretty dumb, but it’s either some legacy stuff they don’t want to change or it’s actually meant to be like that (drones still aggroing after the timers expire despite a lack of timer)

We’ll all know for next time tho :stuck_out_tongue:

It happened to loeni as well a few months ago. Ccp basically said it’s working as intended but they can understand that’s not how players would expect so here is your stuff back.

1 Like

IMHO, it’s abusing a legacy bug in the corp system. It’s not so much that they’re leaving the corp they’re at war with, as they’re using the ‘Quit Corporation’ function to Illegally join an NPC corporation in space. Now I highly doubt this pilot had any idea of what he was doing, it was probably more along the lines of “Oh Sh- Oh sh- Oh sh-”!!! … and just wanted to not be a valid wartarget any longer. :stuck_out_tongue:

But if this is a recurring incident, I feel that players in space shouldn’t be able to quit corporation to NPC corp either. After all - even if I kick them, they won’t be removed from the corporation until the next time that they dock. To me, that’s a pretty clear indicator of how CCP wants the Corp Join/Corp Leave system to work.

Dom’s right. This is Legacy Code at work here. EvE is showing her old bones again lol

HISEC MERCENARY SERVICES - Hire VMG!

Citadel Attack and Defence
War Declarations and Assists
Assassination Contracts

Join vmg if you want to be a average player.

2 Likes

Off topic (sorry) but does anyone know how missiles work with regards to the timing of firing them vs. the timing of aggressing with them?

Are missiles the same as drones, in the sense that the following would be possible
-Fire at a valid target (suspect/criminal status, war target, etc.)

-During the missiles flight time, the target’s status changes from “valid” to “invalid” (e.g. suspect timer/criminal timer runs out or in the case of war target, pilot drops corp)

-Missiles hit the now “invalid” target, giving the shooter a criminal status

-Concord shows up and makes the shooter go Boom

It strikes me that whatever mechanic missiles use, drones should also use the same one (and vice versa). They are similar in the way they apply their damage, long after the trigger was pulled.

In my mind, the act of hitting “F1”, or “F” (or whatever the case may be) should initiate the aggression timer. It shouldn’t matter how long it takes for whatever your using to hurt your target to hit it. I honestly think the situation described above involving @Yaosus loss to Concord is pretty lame and I would strongly agree with @Gai_Heiyuu’s suggestion that if this sort of thing starts becoming a regular occurrence, CCP should impose restrictions on joining an NPC corp while in space.

This is actually a good question. I would like to know the answer to this too.

If you guys start a thread discussing this, link it to me. I’ll be happy to discuss it with you all. However, we should probably let this thread get back to the original purpose. :stuck_out_tongue: Keep me posted!

Assassination Contracts

1 Like

“Hire VMG! We’ll double your ISK!” or “Hire VMG! Mandatory Bonus-room on every 3rd contract.” might be more appropriate slogans.

1 Like

Assassination Contracts

Hire VMG. We farm tears.

Of course NC. Who would say no to a beer. See you and Luukje in November at Evesterdam.

VMG always looking for new challenges and content, contact us today and make your problems go away.

Hire Vmg if you want actual isk damage done to your targets.

Marmite month of August isk damage done - 149b over 1621 targets.
Vmg month of August isk damage done - 687b over 1503 targets.

But thats ok, hire marmite if you want your targets to lose a couple retrievers around Balle.

Tickets and flights are booked. I am crashing at Luukje’s so yes we can grab a beer.

1 Like

Damn you gnshadowninja. Marmite has everything, but magical auras is not one of them.

Hire VMG, if you need magical auras… :rofl:

1 Like

Assassination Contracts