Mid Slot for Armor Industrial

Broadly, I agree with tank being a secondary concern to evading ganks.

However, OP mentioned they were flying a sigil, and you can do something exceedingly funky with a sigil.

Simulate this bad baby in pyfa, it has 32k ehp, but also 1100 ehp/s passive tank. 1400 against hybrids if you swap for kin/ther hardeners and overheat

[Sigil, regen]

Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Improved Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

1 Like

A tank will save you from Tornadoes. Gerard’s shield buffer Sigil posted earlier is good.

This is true, but evading ganks and trying to fit a ship intelligently are not mutually exclusive. Sadly there is no option of “surprise the guy by making him try to kill what has more EHP than his alpha” since he already did the math.

again how are you hauling where tornados are a problem?

Oh you sweet summer child.

1 Like

They are just theroy crafting. In HS the gankers have scanned the ship and know what is in it and how it is fitted in advance and will bring the correct number of DPS. For low sec gates tank doesn’t matter because there is no CONCORD and therefore no real time limit.

if you’re fit right you shouldn’t even be getting scanned.

my DST all only have two mods on them a cloak and a mwd. the only place you need more than that is NS but in that case why are you using a DST to move through hostile space and not WHs or JFs?

*cough*Auto Pilot*cough* :rofl:

2 Likes

Zkillboard gives a lot of information if you know where to look. I frequently see Tornados in Jita that cargo scan passing ships and blow them up if the EHP is low enough and the cargo is high enough.

This is one such fit:

[Tornado, Scan and Volley]

Power Diagnostic System II
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer

Cargo Scanner II
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script
P-S Compact Remote Tracking Computer, Tracking Speed Script

1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet EMP L

Medium Signal Focusing Kit II
Medium Signal Focusing Kit II
Medium Signal Focusing Kit I

This Tornado deals almost 10k damage in one shot, which is enough to kill ships that their owners did not bother to tank.

High sec haulers near busy trade hubs in ships with less than 10k EHP yet with valuable cargo are in danger of being killed by Tornados.

Yep, primary concern to avoid ganks is to use some or all of the many options available. Tank on your ship is just one of those many options.

That Sigil fit is really fun, I’ve known the Nereus version of it for a while.

again my ships have 0 tank. it takes more than 0 tank to get killed by a tornado. It requires laziness

no… they aren’t I hall out of jita and through tama weekly I have lost a total of 3 haulers in 5 years. 1 in NS the rest because i was alt tabbed

oh sorry we are in august now not 5 years 6

Either you’re not paying attention to the existence of Tornados, or you’re using ships/methods that avoid getting killed by said Tornados, such as blockade runners or the MWD cloak trick.

That doesn’t mean that the threat of the Tornados does not exist.

I only know some very basic rudimentary ways to look. One is searching the name of the victim. Another is searching by ship type or system. And then I know how to narrow down null/ low/ high sec. I’m not sure where I can get the fit of the ganker. Searching by ship type “CONCORD battleship” doesn’t give the ganker fit either.

How did you get that box format anyways?

Like I did “copy to clipboard” and made this post Illegal Fitting - New Citizens Q&A - EVE Online Forums but it didn’t have that formatting.

You’re right… I didn’t say they didn’t exist i said they weren’t a threat unless you are lazy

1 Like

i mean you could just look up tornado and filter by losses

1 Like

There are multiple ways to deal with Tornados. One of them is sufficient tank, another is to use the MWD cloak trick. You’re using one of those ways to deal with Tornados, because you too recognise that Tornados are a problem that require a solution.

Don’t pretend Tornados are not a problem, you just found a different solution for it.

tank isn’t a solution… because you’re never getting enough tank if there are enough tornados after you.

meanwhile MWD cloak (already a faster way to move a dst just adding 2 extra button presses.) protects you from an infinite number of tornados.

1 Like

How I did it: used zkillboard advanced search for the system Jita, ship type Tornado and victims. Click through a few fits to pick one that is representative for gank tornados.

And to put it all in a box, type ` three times in front of the block and at the end, which ends up like this.

1 Like

Hearing about this makes me cry in my Sigil

Tank is part of the solution. The other part is that you keep your value low enough that the number of Tornados required to gank your ship cannot kill you for profit.