Mid Slot for Armor Industrial

Long story short, tanking any T1 industrial is a pointless endeavor. The only thing you will accomplish is to make the gankers use one or two more ships than they otherwise would have…

No that’s perfectly fine…

But arguing about “you can be ganked before loaded” or “you can’t be ganked before you load,” “grow up a bit” is pretty much off topic.

I get excited to see a reply thinking it could be some kernel of wisdom about T1 industrials (either a good tank idea or a good technique to avoid a gank in the first place once you see them on D-scan), but the last 7 replies to this thread was about load/not loaded…

Fair point, well made.

At the end of the day though, a tank is better than none in any caese, but thinking ahead should always be your primary defense. Mobility is also a primary goal in defense hauling, so really a shield tanked fast aligning ship is better.

I dont know about an extra slot though, I fear it wouldnt be enough extra benefit in general.

Well on my Sigil I slapped on 3 Nanofibers, 1 damage control, and dumped in some armor stuff. I figured blocking 20% incoming damage to armor is better than 20% to my shields since the Sigil had such a high armor base (which made me think it was supposed to be an armor tank), but then that left the question of what to do with the mid slots. Mid slots don’t have anything to reduce align time. I’m not sure why lots of people suggest carp core stabilizers. If I get jumped on before i align and war and I’m gone in the first volley warp disruption doesn’t matter and if I do survive the first volley, that means how much tank I have does in fact matter.

Thats the rub with Amarr transports, I guess I just wrote them off and just retrained to Caldari ones early on. Not very helpful I know but I just dislike the look of the Amarr slugships.

1 Like

I’d rather have a Nereus buuuut I don’t have a Nereus.

1 Like

GASP!

GLORY TO THE GLORIOUS GOLDEN LEECH!!!

Tiberian - You’re right that in most cases the number of mid/low slots indicate whether a ship should probably be shield or armor tanked, but in the case of the (glorious) Sigil it is one of the exceptions. The cloak/microwarpdrive technique is the best way to avoid trouble a T1 hauler has, so put that on first (use improved cloaking device). This is for hisec, right? Then put a couple cap rechargers in the midslot (doesn’t have to be cap stable, but being able to run a 50mn microwarpdrive for about a minute if need be is nice), and an fs-9 large shield extender in mid slot.
Anyway, this is a fit I found works for me. Prioritizing (relative, it is a hauler after all) agility and warp speed over tank.
[Sigil, standard sigil]
Damage Control I
Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizers
Type-D Restrained Expanded Cargo
Type-D Restrained Expanded Cargo

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Lastly…don’t be a heretic!

1 Like

Well as a new player, I know general rules, but I know few of the exceptions.

1 Like

In the internet?!! Eve-O forums of all places!!?

1 Like

Well, the Sigil happens to have the highest powergrid among all tech 1 industrial. I suspect that can be just enough for you to squeeze a couple of large shield shield extender on that fit you have. Even without resists, that is quite a decent buffer.

The thing is that haulers rely on either not getting caught or not being worth to kill. So, you either fit (and pilot) to get into warp faster than hostiles can catch you, or you fit to make the ganker’s ships cost more than whatever you may drop as loot. For a tech 1 industrial, the Sigil is surprisingly good at both.

1 Like

In the case of T1 industrial ships, their potential tank is low enough to begin with that you might as well just use the low slots for cargo or align time.

Similarly, there’s nothing else to use the mid slots for, so you might as well shield tank.

1 Like

Not when that’s pretty much the only time you can be ganked if you’re flying properly.

Also if it makes op feel better the crane only having 2 lows rather than 3 makes it by far the slowest and one of the worst blockade runners for zipping around.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.