Miner Strike?

Wonder what would happen if we could get miners, and specifically ice miners to stop selling their product in response to the ongoing and upcoming mining nerfs?

If nobody sold ice for a while then stations would have issues staying fueled.

4 Likes

Please do. It would make my ice more valuable.

6 Likes

You’ll never get the botters and RMT’ers to stop mining ice…

6 Likes

Well, I agree with you partially. But I’m not saying stop mining for ice, just stop selling what is mined in order to create a fuel shortage.

If people kept mining but stopped selling, the prices for ice would increase as a result, making the ice you’re sitting on more valuable over time.

1 Like

Then other miners would get more profit.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about. With less ore you can demand a higher price. Less work bigger Isk.

2 Likes

What nerf are you talking about? There may be a limit to supply, but that will only raise values. Mining will see a slight buff in the ISK/m3 area.

2 Likes

The fact they are purposely nerfing all forms of mining in order to allegedly make it better in the future.

A fabulous idea OP!!

In order for this to work you need a way to deal with strike breakers obviously. So what you are going to do is you convince all your miner friends to create a new gank alt, and train for max damage Catalyst here is a guide for the skill progression http://www.minerbumping.com/2015/10/catalyst-training-under-new-system.html?m=1 (not sure if this is up to date, but at least you have the skill list)

And then when you have ganked your first criminal miner (you find more info on how to gank on the same page I linked under the section “gank”) you join up with CODE. and help us weed out the evil strike breakers!

That will show the community and CCP once and for all how important miners are!!

What do you say? Plan?

7 Likes

As @Gowa_Hyasyoda points out greed will be an issue so the only way to ensure this works is every miner contract me everything you mine so I can hold onto it and release it back to you once the strike is over. This way there will be no supply left yet you still can mine and keep what you mine but will be unable to sell it during the strike period.

:wink:

4 Likes

Please do, but such “soladirity” is really unrealistic .

1 Like

sadly i’ve almost considering coming back, and creating a CODE. alt… that way my 92mil SP pve bear stays untouched.

Yeah go for it. At least you will have some fun in this game for once :smiley:

i’ve had plenty of fun in this game via pvp and pve with friends. just figured id look for something different for a while.

Won’t happen. Accounts won’t plex themselves.

Let’s gank these lil care bears goddammit!

How has nobody ever thought of this before?!!!

4 Likes

I’m tear’n up, that’s the most beautiful thing I ever saw. :heart_eyes:

Agreed, I think all miners should go on strike, EVE would just die. No ships no fuel etc. Now that all the CCP talking heads and their friends spent years getting mega rich botting their ore and ice miners, they put in these f-ing triglavan or whatever the hell they are called and expect you to sit an stare at a monitor for hrs at a time. Dear CCP that’s not at all fun case you thought it was. Should be able to at a min semi-afk mine, shouldn’t have to worry losing an orca in a 1.0 system because you went and took a 5 min dump or grabbing a pizza at your front door. And to frigs at that, it’s so stupid and the drop are pathetic compared to what you might lose. I’ve lost two orca’s now just stepping away from the game for a short time, it’s so dumb.

It never would work. If all miners will go on strike, then prices on their work will rise high enough that alphas in Ventures would get a decent income - and they won’t join that strike. That’s not speaking about participating miners that just got an idea to turn a quick profit.

The system is self-regulating.

1 Like