Miner Strike?

Heiy, I completely agree. Did not read below the first line. but I feel your rage. MINERS BE FREE!!! I would like to offer my services to get the strike barkers to back down.

Miners are so funny :smile:

1 - Not gonna happen.
2 - Why would you want EvE to die, anyways?

Ah. Ok, I see where youā€™re coming fromā€¦

3 Likes

To teach a lesson, naturally, that mining should be only buffed.

If literally everyone stopped mining ccp would seed the market and load it down with ships and gear or materials would sky rocket in price or both

this post shows that the writer has no idea about the nuances

1. CCP announced a TRANSITORY mining nerf followed by a redistribution and a dynamic process appearing in the next weeks. So instead of crying and calling on strike, maybe you could have just waited for a few weeks?
  2. there are no ā€œMINERS vs NOT MINERSā€. There are plenty of players who do pvp and ALSO mine you know? I mainly play eve for pvp but i also have a rorq and exhumers. I have no problem with the changes brought by CCP, and if some miners go ā€œon strikeā€, prices of mining products will rise, and i will mine. So no, there wonā€™t be a total miners strike
  3. Many people always cease the occasions to make profit. If some miners stop mining and prices rise, some other miners will mine more and make profit. Bye bye your strike. As in the real world, federating all people for one cause is a very difficult task

ohā€¦ the complot theoryā€¦ okā€¦ i see it everywhereā€¦ you are this kind of guyā€¦ okā€¦
So, people were complaining about supercaps/titans proliferation and game stagnation, and now that CCP tries to change things people complain more. LOL. At least people could wait a few weeks to see what is the definite CCP plan about ore redistribution?

1: It will be more than a ā€œfew weeksā€
2: Do you actually believe CCP will be able to implement the changes competently?

1. And in the meantime, miners can still mine ice, or mine normal ore with barges/exhumers, or mine moongo,
    and, eventually, if changes in ore mining are not good for them, at worse, they could also do ratting/explo/trading what they want. Adapt, HTFU etc?
    CCP nerfed VNI, people adapted their way of ratting/earning isks. CCP changed moongo extraction from passive to active process, people adapted. CCP nerfed the booshing command dessies, fcs adapt their doctrines, etc. Why should miners stay away from the ā€œadapt/HTFU processā€ in eve???
  2. Some CCP changes were not bad, imo: changes in cyno, moon mining, etc. And even if mining changes here are not done perfectly initially, things will be adjusted later?
    HTFU. Stop whining.
1 Like

Iā€™m perfectly happy with the nerfs. It means that my fleet, better equipped, better flown, and better managed, will make money (perhaps a touch less) with less competition from people who donā€™t mine full time and donā€™t optimize their skills for mining.

CCP isnā€™t going to allow the economy of the game to collapse. If you got every miner in the game to stop and could enforce it, CCP would simply alter the mechanic so that the NPC mined ore made its way to NPC stations and became buyable.

4 Likes

Its in many phases but one of the final ones is the removal of ore and ice from highsec altogether to balance the economy and combat botting while preserving risk vs reward.

it will be a short term hardship for sure but will even out over time into a much better system.

1 Like

Any sources?

1 Like

Nerfs to any mining will do nothing, since the demand and supply will drop, so price will increase until demands is reduced. Sure, you get less mining ā– ā– ā– ā–  done, but you get paid more for it.

3 Likes

last I heard someone was trying to do this, it comes up like every few weeks or months in miner chatā€¦players trying to get other players to not do something is very difficult, hence the reason why it probably wont occur, and if it does it will be short lived.

1 Like

You donā€™t have control of the commodity to pull it off, thatā€™s the point. Itā€™s too distributed.

Maybe for you.

Maybe for you but Iā€™m already making a killing.

Itā€™s not a nurf. Itā€™s a stage of redistribution.

wat? that would be awesome tbh.

1 Like

Why does it not occur to you that someone else would start doing the job?
Or are you saying those other guys arenā€™t going to mine either?

Good luck! Iā€™d go mining ice if it wasnā€™t hogged by all the worthless farmer cancer!

1 Like

Especially when the prices go 2-3x current priceā€¦

2 Likes

But then you will be magically forced to participate in their strike.

3 Likes