Miners NEED WEAPONRY HELP!

Man you are obsessed.

Tell you what, Ill explain why a shield hardener is a good idea if you can explain how an EM Shield Hardener is

And how your dumb ore scanner either adds manueverability OR tank

This is what you said after I posted the fit:

According to that you think the fit itself is fine but you’d prefer to fit an EM hardener over the survey scanner. That is what started this and then you went full-on crazy with misunderstanding pretty much everything including yourself.

Good luck with that.

I have no idea what conversation you think you are replying too, but it sure as hell aint mine.

1 Like

You replied below my reply where I showed a fit. What the actual ■■■■ is wrong with you.

Apparently, you object to me thinking your fit is a terrible idea for a new player looking to not die.

Why, whatsa-madder-wid-chu?

Tanking a vent isn’t a bad idea because it stops you being one shot by thrashers or tougher rats (remember even noob vents are useful in lowsec). I wouldn’t do it with a hardener or ward though.

A shield extender, even a small one, will give you more ehp.

2 Likes

He has a medium on his, and switching the ore scanner for a Hardener would smooth over that hole, if you are multispec anyway. Other wise fit for the rats or Void, yes?

But I still say you want better get up n go, so manuever rigs and such would work out better than hoping to tank before you get pointed anyway.

A medium and a small still beats a medium and a hardener. But best is two medium if you have the fitting skills.

You could make a case for a rat specific hardener/ward if you frequently encounter sansha/bloods.

Low friction rigs I’d put down to personal playstyle. If you d-scan a lot, those rigs may be more useful. If you watch the overview in your peripheral vision or mine whilst fighting npc cruisers in lowsec you may want to stick to tank.

Would a Medium and a Ward not be within easier reach of a newer player with lowers skills? Generally iirc (and not working with any fittin tool atm no where near a real pc) you need to sacrifice a low slot for a Aux Power in order to power that many Extenders?

That is entirely entirely fair. I have always had more luck with squirrel-like awareness/paranoia and my foot on the gas so naturally I lean towards that.

None of my frigate fits carry an ore scanner, however.

2 Likes

or don’t mind removing the AB.

but it’s true that hardener are pretty useless nowadays.

Divide the effect or your amplifier by 4. That’s approx what it will provide.

Basically, amps are good when you know the rats and they are hitting in one type (so… guristas).

Fair enough. I live in Devoid so when I do fly Shield, I generally want my EM covered

lol cant believe I said Delve when I meant Devoid doyyyy

1 Like

Nah. Smalls use 2grid.

Whole fit AB, 2x lasers, mse, sse + low slot is about 40grid. The base of a venture is 45. 55ish for a noob out the box i think.

Oooh I don’t know. I like the AB. Moving around the belt and for orbiting.

1 Like

Cool. I mean, Ill still be sticking to manuevering as running is my preferred survival than tanking.

But thanks both yas for a sensible conversation on the matter :slight_smile:

Same her, unless I plan to hit back… but not in a Venture! LOL

1 Like

yes, I was adding that to the if .

Having fits over fits is kind of pointless as in New Eden everybody gets to decide how they want to fit their ship.

I stand by my 10MN Venture fit!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.