Miners NEED WEAPONRY HELP!

I have a Venture with 2 Miner 1’s and need 1 weapon what should it be?

Can you use drones?

1 Like

You won’t be able to fit a turret on your Venture with two miners due to a lack of turret hardpoints. Ditto missiles. The venture has a drone bay, which is the only defense you’re going to be able to mount aside from running away.

2 Likes

I could try and learn drones thx

2 Likes

do or do not, there is no try

4 Likes

But at least he’s asking, not whining!

5 Likes

true, but i couldn’t pass up an opportunity to use a Yoda quote.

3 Likes

Alpha Miner if you are just starting that might help. note the 10 MN After Burner might need to use a 1 MN to fit the below example, but it helps if you see the a possible danger in losing your ship you can run while aligning. Anyhow best of luck.

[Venture, *Simulated Venture Fitting]
Mining Laser Upgrade I

Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

Miner I
Miner I

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Drone Durability Enhancer I

‘Integrated’ Hobgoblin x2

You’d be much better off shoving 2 medium extenders on there instead of that 10MN AB, which would give you a higher top speed but absolutely rubbish acceleration to get to it.

2 Likes

My guess is that the 2 x Medium shields would only offer small EHP gains compared with orbiting at the higher speed when using the 10MN

There are many ways to fit a Venture miner and maybe medium would be better suited for a new player in +5.0 security as the npcs warp in more frequently and do more damage I guess.

Either speed tank or shield tank those npc’s

I cannot believe I was away when this thread got started. The answer, my friend, is easy

MAKE MINING LASERS DO TARGETED DAMAGE TO SHIP MODULES

thank yew

2 Likes

As others pointed out there are drones for that and since drones are very useful (and needed) for quite a few play styles and ships it’s worth investing in to.

The most obvious drone to use is the Hobgoblin I which is either the best choice or a good choice in many situations, to be able to use those drones you want to train the Drones skill itself to level 2 (so you can launch 2 drones, which is the max for your ship) and Light Drone Operation 1 in order to actually use those Hobgoblins.

Fitting wise there are four trains of thought:

• Fit as cheap as possible which generally means to ignore fitting rigs (the price of those rigs pretty much double the whole ship value and they can be added later anyway, so if you have to save that’s a good place to do it).

• Fit for max tank, where you go either double multispectrum hardeners or double medium extenders but that last one requires a more expensive power grid rig

• fit for QoL, where you add a survey scanner which helps you figure out how much ore an asteroid actually has left. It’s kinda neat and teaches you something new

• fit a propulsion module, either afterburner or MWD. Speed can be handy in some cases but to me having more tank or being able to find the best rocks to suck on is vastly more useful. Especially avoid idiotic oversized ones.

Here is a cheap fit that will get you started, it fits with beginner fitting skills and only requires a few skills to unlock some specific modules. It’s also the one where, if you need to, can ignore the rigs for now and perhaps add them later.

[Venture, Venture Beginner]

Mining Laser Upgrade I

Medium Shield Extender I
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
ML-3 Scoped Survey Scanner

EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser
EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser
[Empty High slot]

Hobgoblin I x2

Id chuck that survey scanner for an EM Ward if you are going to actually shield tank anything in a Venture.

But that’s the point: you’re not actually going to tank anything for real especially not with beginner skills, you’re not going to tank diamond rats, Trigs or gankers. As you can’t pass that threshold there is simply no point in even trying, that would just be wasted effort and slots. Focus on mining more, trying to focus on tank which wouldn’t help anyway isn’t a logical thing to do.

The EHP is only there to give you time to react to and kill normal NPC and those do not require much at all. On top of that EM would only be useful in Amarr space and even there it would be questionable.

2 Likes

So why are you providing them with such a build?

Stop encouraging things if you are against them.

How about giving them advice on how to stay alive, rather that ridiculous suggestions like this.

Feel free to state situations where adding an EM hardener would create a significant difference or advantage for a new player on low skills.

Add facts and numbers please.

???

Why, what on earth has that got to do with what I just said?

You say “Here’s a fit with tank, but dont use it!”

and I said “So stop telling him fits that are dumb, tell him a fit that helps him survive, and some advice”

And you say “You see that ■■■■ fit I posted, please statistically advise how making it slightly less ■■■■ is a good idea”

TL;DR: OP, watch D-scan, and add modules that add maneuverability.

Dont waste slots on Ore Scanners and other useless detritus. You dont pull in enough ore to waste the slot.

1 Like

Uuuhm.

The fit I posted has an MSE and a multispec, it HAS tank. Then you state to replace the survey scan with an EM hardener to which reply that it doesn’t create a significant difference in most realistic scenarios for a new player.

And then you go apeshit, tell me what I’m missing here.

Yes, where did I say it didnt?

@Takari_649 , if you want to explode, listen to the advice of Will Farrell from Zoolander up there.

His fit is a hybrid mess.

Given the nonsense of his replies, I can only imagine its intentional.

1 Like

Sure go fit an EM hardener, it will make all the difference in uhm… some situations somehow… possibly.