Mining Changes are HORRIBLE

I’m not a miner, but I can see how it was supposed to be a group activity. With a squad of pilots taking on specific roles. And even then, the social interaction on comms, I suspect, would make the activity a lot more fun.

But there are ways to mine solo in low sec. It takes active participation with engaging with the game, monitoring local, and staying on top of the d-scanner.

There are two approaches to how one can react to changes in the game.

1. ■■■■■, whine and roll-over or,
  2. figure out new strategies for success.
3 Likes

Agreed!!

"Adapt to survive. "

"Fortune favors the bold. "

If you don’t know and understand these 2 concepts. You’re life in New Eden is fated for failure.

1 Like

Adapt to survive is a lie though. It’s from the theory of evolution, but misunderstood. That theory does not speak for individuals - just like the “survival of the fittest”, it’s just plain BS used by people with a lower than average intelligence in need of self confirmation.

Also, “fortune favors the bold” is the perfect example of survivor bias.

3 Likes

CCP is convincing everyone there is no profession, anymore. They like to advertise, you can do anything you want in EVE, bullsh**. You have been cultivated to do what they consider to make their pocket books fatter. Karma is coming for these people, because here be dragons, not in the game, in real life breathing down your neck, and scratching at your wallet.

Look at pochven I don’t see a triangle it’s a scribble from a child. oh but it’s a triangle on Dotland, what a joke. CCP is a joke now, they don’t even try to hide the fact that all the time it took to train skills so you could do a specific thing in the game is taken away. Those four economist that work for CCP, they were not hired to make the economy better in Jita. Only reason I see is to squeeze every last penny out of every person that has invested time into the game.

CCP, do they care about the time the community spent in chat helping new players, hell no they don’t. Does CCP care about the websites that contribute to the success of the game, with the disappearance of so many, and others breaking with the cash grab updates, of course they don’t care why would they. What have they given back to anyone of those people? Not a better game, not a better game.

Anyone that says, "CCP cares about the players, and the community is full of sh**. The hired crownies, and fanboys that stroke CCP don’t care about the community either. CCP is restricting the travel of players period. Interceptor immunity gone. oh shuttles can go through bubbles, who f****** cares you can’t carry sh**, and you can’t scan anything down. One warp stab while two or three tackle add up to 4 or 5 -scram. CCP must sit around and discuss how much more cash flow will we get vs the damage to a game that wouldn’t be around if it wasn’t for the community. Fact is they don’t need you anymore, you are not a person, just a dollar bill to CCP.

2 Likes

More baseless rants and vain insults.

They ARE a company, they HAVE TO make money.

What are you doing in life, expecting people to live off fresh air and produce goods at the same time ?

Your first sentence is plain BS to start with.

2 Likes

Survivors bias? Really!?

Believe it or not this is in fact a game, I did not ‘Survive’ anything.

This was not a reflection of reality, nor real world philosophy I hold. Your reading a bit too much here.

And yes this does in fact represent eve, and has for more than a decade. You will not get fortunes in eve with out bold risk. Nor will you survive by crying about what was or could have been. Change with the changes, or fall with the rest.

… Learn to EvE

1 Like

Please learn what the survivor bias is. It’s not limited to actually “surviving” something.

Typically the brave are the one claiming they have been favoured. So you don’t know who is actually favoured by fortune, but who claims to be - and if cowards are actually favoured by fortune, you won’t know it.

Fortune favors the brave IS a RL saying. It’s also wrong. Fortune does not favor anyone. This saying is the usual pseudo-scientific BS made up by people with an hidden agenda.

Please, go play more buying things on the hypernet. There you have bold risks. So yes, you will actually get more fortunes, in Eve of otherwise, when avoiding the risks.

… Learn to logic.

No, actually it is not. People adapt to changing situations quite frequently, and in some cases its for survival.

Like you? Stroking your ad-hominem epeen pretty hard there.

The game designers made a change. One can roll with it, and adapt to the changes. As I said. And find new strategies for success. Or they can roll over and complain.

I think they’re trying to aim for bot Miners. Long align time means you can’t just float 20 alts out there and then warp to station when someone enters. A griefer can conceivably enter the system, rapidly scan you down, and get a kill.

Trouble is, their target discrimination is terrible. Aiming for the bots and hitting real players.

I don’t disagree with the broad philosophy: bot mining is destroying Eve and nearly impossible to stop. There’s no way to prove with certainty that the player on the other side of the client didn’t manually push all those buttons in 20 miliseconds.

So making bot miners have a hard time is a sensible goal. The question is: can it be achieved with less pain to the non-botters?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.