Mining in Missions

I don’t know
Cosmo is mentioning all loot removed from missions
I’ve no idea why there would be loot removed from missions without changing the way all NPC’s drop loot.
If they remove roids from missions it is either because they get in the way or they don’t want people mining them

Some changes were made in March patch notes:

• Various mission site locations have had mineable asteroids replaced with cosmetic asteroids. *(30/03/2020)

and similar for combat anoms

• Various combat anomalies have had mineable asteroids replaced with cosmetic asteroids. (30/03/2020)

No mention of why just maybe 15+ years is too long for them to have been there, makes you wonder after all that time the only thing that they could think of that need changing.

Recon, Gone Berserk …
… aren’t those really well paying missions?

Well, it did. They had to reduce the amount of available ore …
… so people have to actually start putting effort into things.

There’s still plenty of ore out there!
Just gank other miners, steal from their jetcans, or join a mining corp!
Ganking haulers moving ore would also boost your ore stocks quite dramatically.

Yes but that’s kind of the point of the thread to get a gistum of the extent of the nerf

Well I’d say you know plenty already.

It looks like the best paying missions have been nerfed … for a good reason, too.
Just look through the lesser paying missions. Or go directly for mining missions. :grin:

Sorry for not being more supportive, but it really looks like you’re just being greedy …
… and greedy people are getting nerfed really, really hard. :slight_smile:

As far as I know mining missions don’t have real asteroids

You basically mine something that is completely valueless and it gives you standing I guess, maybe somewhere in new eden there is a reason to do mining missions but I can’t think of one

1 Like

I have my doubts about your altruistic nature… lol
Obviously a nerf to one thing affects another so who stands to gain from that ?
Non greedy people , yeah sure.

3 Likes

Yes, actually.

The thing is that the game has been suffering from farmers, carebears and greedy people far too much in the last several years.
It was all about accumulating wealth, easily at that, and everything else suffered for it, including the economy.

Ever since the BlackOut CCP has left the path of milking farmers and carebears out of their money …
… and started returning to their old ways again.
You know … this being a PvP game and all, not an easy wealth generation simulator.

Those who benefit from a lack of resources and harder time making money …
… are the same people who are willing to fight for it.

That’s not you. That’s me.

And not just me!

It’s also all those people who happily shot down abandoned structures for money!
It’s the people who enjoyed the 100% lootdrop Trick or Treat event last year!
It’s the same people who enjoyed pods dropping implants!

Plenty of people gain form the changes CCP made, including myself.

Not you, though.

Your time’s up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If by fighting you mean writing meaningless
motivational paragraphs about nothing
then maybe that’s you not me.

My times up , just how important do you think mining in missions is ?
The thread is asking what the nerf is not CCplease put it back how it was because Solstice is scaring me with all this talk of PVP. The naughty Mr Project has been stealing people’s jet cans only the toughest of new edens pilots dare do that.

7 Likes

There are plenty of level 4 missions with minable roids in them, although there were numerous missions where they were removed. Although I don’t mine in my missions, that option while reduced, is still somewhat available.
I have returned to gun mining,however, to supplement market bought industrial ingrediants to manufacture T2 ammo. I might try mining a mission or two just to have a fair comparison with rate of return vs gun mining alone, although I really dislike mining (and having to return to reship).

You should go and correct it then (at least for E-Uni).

The E-Uni wiki is community driven and has nothing to do with CCP. Don’t expect this information to be 100% correct all the time.

Ok. Clearly I was wrong. But . . . but . . . what is the purpose of removing the mine-able asteroids from only a fraction of the missions? I would have thought that you either remove the asteroids or you don’t.

Might be all missions with over a million units

Many of the missions which still have some asteroids consist of small size roids that mine out after 2-3 or less mining laser cycles, causing less product and constant new targeting. Not cost effective afaik, but will have to run several comparisons before I can confirm.

In addition, access to these droids sit behind a wall of enemy ships that usually need to be destroyed before mining undertaken. You could make mission gates unable to pass Orcas ( if they aren’t already) to make it even less palatable.

asteroids are still in some lvl 4 mission sites just with ore changes as far as i know.

Wait I just did Duo of death and it was all scordite and omber does that mean you also get different roids in missions depending which part of empire you in

uhm, maybe idk… I live in Caldari space of course.

The mineral composition of mission asteroids would have changed to match the belt asteroid composition (as all spawned asteroids come from the same pool of objects with shared attributes) but which asteroids are able to appear in a mission wouldn’t have changed with the patch, as mission contents are handled separately from the belt spawn mechanics.

So mining certain missions in highsec actually may be profitable for missions that contain ores which are otherwise not present in highsec.

Yes possibly but missions depend on the faction of the agent you get them from thus the same mission name but a different faction of pirates. So Duo of death from a Minmatar agent in Minmatar space has two angel battleships and the mission the screenshot is from shows 2 pith gurista battleships and a different set of asteroids.