Mining inside Mission-Sites?

Sometimes when I need to build something in nullsec (like ammo) I will pull level 1 missions until I get one with some decent rocks. That lets me avoid the local rats, too.

1 Like

To keep event sites, anomalies, signatures up once they’ve been completed, at least one person must stay in the site (uncloaked).

But once generated, mission sites stay up until downtime. Even with no one inside them. And then start again in a new spot after downtime.

The entire room full of ore is back in full the next day after downtime. It doesn’t matter if you mined 0% of it, 50% of it, or 100% of it… as long as you didn’t finish the mission objective(s).

1 Like

Its not worth it to mine ore in mission sites its a lot easier and faster to salvage then reprocess and move onto the next mission, get scrap metal up to lvl 5 and its way more lucrative and you get a lot more ore that way. Also the lp points accrue at way more faster rate than if you’re sitting in a mission site for a couple of hours/days.

1 Like

When I’m splitting my time between EVE and other things, I often will mine inside missions because I don’t need to worry about trigs. The occasional weak belt rat means nothing to me. My recent haul today was 240k m3 of Veld, paying attention only to swap lasers and dump into the other character’s Orca (which had 1 drone each on 5 rocks for minimum interaction needed).

That being said, some anomalies have a massive amount of in-demand ore. I found this at a relic site, and filed a bug report when the mining simply stopped working even though all the asteroids were present/scannable/targettable: https://evepraisal.com/a/rqaxp

Also, necro. Thanks “Suggested Topics”.

1 Like

i remember mining inside missions in the old days
dont know if is the same today but to me it appear that the full mission yield far to few m3 of mineral to be worth it

You would think wrong as just a couple of days ago I had a a orca and mack mining for a bout 4 hours and only cleared the nearest plag and pyroxeres. Never touched the veld and left with the orca full and a full load in the mack (was jet canning to orca) I suggest you keep track of which missions have good amounts of ore.

1 Like

sub-necro:
Epic Arc Missions don’t expire. Enjoy.

I thought the new update was non mineable roids in missions

Some missions had their asteroids changed. Others are still mineable.

Edit to add: patch notes did not specify which missions were impacted. Hoboleaks records might show it?

2 Likes

Mining in missions is viable. I forget the mission name but it had a roughly 3.5 orca loads of ore in it. Veld scordite pyrox.
Some have omber
Just depends if your multiboxing you can stick and orca and a hulk in there while a third goes to do another mission.

1 Like

It’s not really a mission, but the ore in emerging conduits is plenty and powerful. Just make sure after clearing the rats that at least one char is sitting there, the trigs never come back, only minor belt rats.
You can only mine Talassonite there, but it contains nice minerals - Zydrine (81x100) , Megacyte (13x100), Noxium (456x100) and Trit (12600x100). Ore is not compressable though.
Further Info: Is there mining in Emerging Conduits?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.