Mining

Yeah this guy just wants to insinuate that I am a bitter vet for explaining others’ reactions without actually dog piling on.

He doesn’t like me, and doesn’t take in context for people he doesn’t like, but demands it from you.

I have proposed be for that we get a new mining faction which went so, so but in this case. Just set up a fleet with an friegter and some mining barges maybe a propose to get the most isk out of this

See, here is the thing. We did not suffer! We actually enjoyed how difficult it was and when ingenuity was rewarded very steep.
Your reward was, you had the ores you wanted by avoiding all or only the tiniest amount of losses by only using your own wit and the game mechanics at the time.

And of course I remember my beloved Badger and MK2 badgers or my mining Osprey.

Those were the times where not only the ship decided what you wanted to do, but your fit as well.
We had to indulge the occasional can flipper but they were few and far in between. We knew they were around but since they had little intend on stealing your goodies, we let them have their one unit of veldspar and we kept our ships.

However, we were rewarded to be in space, actively doing things. You get upset that you have to be bothered to undock and go away and do something else.

9 Likes

Never because miners and indy players don’t matter to ccp.

1 Like

so, a little context. I like mining and enjoy it and in all the games I play i like to get better at doing things. i am at the point were the only way i can get better at mining is with implants which i am going to get soon. but then what is next? what can i work one to get better? the only other mining ship I can’t use yet is the Rorqual and while i do plan on getting that someday i don’t feel like panting a target on my back. to many people would just swarm me the minute i take that ship out of a station. don’t go to low sec much because of PVP players. So, I just fell a little stuck, I guess. I mean no disrespect to eve veterans who have played in the beginning. I just wish I could keep advancing.

There’s only so much you can do in high sec. If you want to make the big bucks mining, then you have to head to nullsec. If you are solo in high sec, a Hulk is the best you’re going to get. If you have more than one Omega account, then a Hulk boosted by an Orca or Porpoise is the best you’re going to get…

already have both orca and porpoise for boosting and a omega miner with a hulk

I think top-tier mining is actually nullsec mercoxit mining or wormhole gas mining. You don’t need a bigger barge for those activities.

Well, that’s it for you then if you are staying in high sec…

yep, I even moon mine but it’s in high sec. this is why i would like to see more ships for mining. more things to work towards.

It is like saying that you want to progress at bicycle riding, but you don’t want to take the training wheels off. You can’t compete in the Tour de-France on a tricycle.

You don’t need CCP to provide you with different ships, you just need to fly the ships as they were designed. In fact, what you are asking for would not increase your level of engagement or your skill as a miner - it would just increase your yields.

1 Like

Why should you be rewarded with bigger and better ships for staying in high sec instead of venturing out into the more profitable areas of the game like everyone else?

he purchased plex duh

ok you guys win

Did they win vs did you learn anything?

It is just like James 315 always said: “You cannot teach the bot aspirants anything.”

yes i learned no one wants more ships for mining. probably for the best sigh

2 Likes

Let me ask you guys than this. If you could change and or add Anything to mining what would you?

Add two proper combat ships to the lineup. It would be good for there to be a couple of ships that could gate camp AND get mining bonuses. The rorqual can be a combat ship, but that doesn’t really count.

1 Like

Have any of you done with the mining missions where you go to an abandoned giant astroid with the mining base built on it. Have you ever wondered if we could make one of those what it would be like?