Mining

What do you guys think of changing mining to a small trickle overtime instead of a big number per cycle. This way you don’t spend an entire cycle mining for less Than a cycle worth.

I suggested this, if people get bent over AFK people doing a boring activity and criticize them for doing said activities that they should expand the ability to get the same materials through PI for Omega accounts but leave the asteroid mining to those who will still seek it and alpha’s.

This frees up people to run other activities then AFK and disturb the obsessive among us as there will be less vessels just floating in a belt where they have to watch them and imagine them orbiting their brains.

1 Like

Skiffs are only really good at dealing with catalyst gankers. Think they will ever add mining ships that stand a better chance in low sec?

Expedition frigates.

4 Likes

There are three ways to survive mining in low sec. Speed, situational awareness, and friends. More tank will not save you. Use a Venture, Endurance, or Prospect…

• It is also possible to survive mining in lowsec by petitioning CCP to remove non-consentual PvP from lowsec. This goal may take some considerable time to bear fruit, however.
1 Like

That be nice :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

This is Eve, it’s up to you to solve this problem.

2 Likes

***need this in game

1 Like

Looks like an athanor to me buddy.

We already have moon mining…

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

It’s a planet cracker ship

he said high-sec…just sayin’

When being sarcastic one should be careful to be accurate.

Got me on that one. :laughing:

1 Like

Im an old fart of 47, played in my early 20’s returning to the game. If your about in game. Pm me if you dont mind. Im restarting with my originsl characters, so much has changed. Looki g forward to playing again. I was original ascedant frontier, against the bob war. Most of my gear is still down in fethybolis.
Thsnks
Justin _ autz gallentious and eljustinobignads

Welcome back yougin’

I see the argument against more mining yield, bigger holds, etc…as always about market saturation…i.e:

but based on the way supply and demand works, that would be a good thing…

if there is an over abundance of materials, then the cost of industry goes down, then the cost of purchasing items goes down, and yes Everyone makes less money…but everything costs less…so everyone still wins.

Literally the only reason for not wanting more available materials, is to create scarcity, to drive up costs. Which really only has a negative impact on the poor or newbie players.

Pretty much all inflation is artificially created…because without it, especially in a game driven by supply and demand, inflation would likely get better, not worse.

While I doubt we will ever see new “better” mining ships, I would love to see an increase in the variety of ships that we could utilize.

Maybe a line of barge/exhumer size ships that use mining lasers instead of strip miners, but this would need a change to how mining lasers work to give the new line a purpose (and nobody wants that).

With the last round of changes to the Industrial Command ships, I would like to get drone mining ships that do not need an Industrial Core to get barge/exhumer yields. These would be stripped down to just having similar stats as the rest of the barges/exhumers. There would also be an issue to work around to address mining boosts not helping drones, maybe a yield between an unboosted and boosted barge/exhumer.

But its all just wishful thinking.

1 Like

Something in line with the edencom munitions maybe, which has the yield of a mining laser but jumps over to neighboring rocks and mines those, too. Would be a great platform to mine with in lowsec asteroid belts and those microscopic rocks they have.

The Galente Vexor and Amarr Arbitrator are both Porpoise grade mining drone bonused, but being hull/armor tanked, they can just load drone navigation computers into their mids, resulting in them actually mining faster then a Porpoise. Both can also load mining lasers on top of the drones but they’ll have a performace inferior to a venture with the lasers.

1 Like