Mission content in nullsec for player-run corps

This is probably dumb or something but here goes. Why not expand on the mission content by allowing player-run corps in nullsec to essentially hand out missions in their space? This could replace AFK ratting and other activities with something that requires players to actually engage with the game.

The way it could work is this: allow a corp who is part of a nullsec sov holding alliance to nominate a citadel as their HQ. At that citadel players in that corp could interact with agents for security, mining etc missions the level of which could be determined by the reputation you have with your corp, working in the same way reputation works with NPC corps (so if you leave your corp you start from scratch again in a new one).

Level 5 missions could be a small gang affair that several corpies would need to get together, fleet up and take on. This would provide a means to strengthen bonds within a corp and get people within a corp interacting with each other more often. The content for these missions perhaps needs a bit of a reworking though.

The content behind all this could simply be reusing all of the existing missions in the game including their artwork and scripting. Bounties/rewards could be bumped up to reflect the fact its a special thing out in nullsec, with a level 3 mission paying at least as much as AFK ratting in bounties and loot/salvage with a nice mission payout on top. There could perhaps be an LP component too if it makes sense to do so. Iā€™d love some abyss-themed missions too like this.

Anyway, thatā€™s my idea. I know plenty of people would rather spin around a rock and not pay attention to it but I think there are people out there that might enjoy this kind of thing instead. I know Iā€™d prefer to actually play the game and make Isk but it feels like the options are a bit limited in nullsec in that regard unless I want to go shoot rocks all day.

You do know that there are already quite a few NPC stations that give out L3/L4 missions in null, right?

1 Like

As long as the LP is completely useless, itā€™s fine with me.

There shouldnā€™t be an easier way for people to make more isk lazily in nullsec.

2 Likes

Sounds like to me that someone simply wants the ability to run missions risk-free inside their own secure nullsec spaceā€¦

2 Likes

The problem with NPC stations and space is that they have very little connection to the space that you supposedly own. To do them most people farm up rep in highsec, go and do the relevant epic arc to get rep with the NPC corp then sit out miles away from space they supposedly own cherry picking the quickest missions to burn though.

On top of that, most people donā€™t do these NPC missions with their main nullsec characters. Instead they do them on alts they can go park in NPC space, in alt or NPC corps and they just go off on their own to do them.

My suggestion is to make that content a lot more accessible to nullsec based characters instead. Iā€™m sure just like highsec based mission runners there will be plenty of ganks to be had on blinged out mission running ships in nullsec as well.

Sure, as long as those of us who live in High Sec can get stations put here from all of those pirate null NPC corps that I would normally have to risk dying at 137 gate camps to get to in order to do missions withā€¦

1 Like

There shouldnā€™t be an easier way for people to make more isk lazily in nullsec.

Iā€™m hoping it would be the opposite. That instead of just AFK ratting or mining while watching Netflix that the player would need to actively engage with the game to make isk.

As long as the overall income/value/spawn rate of other PVE in null is rebalanced so it isnā€™t just a straight buff, but more a broader choice for players, then itā€™d be a good thing.

But if it was just a straight buff with no other offset, null probably doesnā€™t need that.

What makes you think ā€œmissionsā€ in nullsec wonā€™t be solved and made low effort just like everything else?

As long as the overall income/value/spawn rate of other PVE in null is rebalanced so it isnā€™t just a straight buff, but more a broader choice for players, then itā€™d be a good thing.

For sure. CCP are already on a roll with rebalancing null income and this could help the little guy sitting at his PC a lot as apposed to the semi-afk rorqual multiboxer.

What makes you think ā€œmissionsā€ in nullsec wonā€™t be solved and made low effort just like everything else?

This is inevitable for all content in Eve and any popular MMO just like all of it is now.

The opponent of the mission may be a contender, but the current null-sec mechanics do not support it. (There are no vulnerabilities in claim to attack). Solves range problems with filamant teleporting and returning Ganges.

This was the dream when citadels were first announced. Being able to assign an npc corp to a citadel by fitting a special ā€˜agents officeā€™ service module. And then rigs would improve level/payout.

It never happened for whatever reason. Maybe fear of spamming missions or everyone choosing the same npc corp.

Cool, so we can just skip your idea.

1 Like

It never happened for whatever reason. Maybe fear of spamming missions or everyone choosing the same npc corp.

Thatā€™s sad. Hopefully they might reconsider something along these lines one day again.

You already have missions that you can hand out to people while living in nullsec.

Itā€™s just that the agents are players (i.e. alliance leaders and FCs) instead of NPCs, the missions usually involve mining X resource for ISK or killing Y fleet for lulz or to protect your territory, and the payout is either in ISK for your alliance or in getting your ship replaced.

The whole point of nullsec is that itā€™s player driven, not NPC-driven.

3 Likes

The whole point of nullsec is that itā€™s player driven, not NPC-driven.

If this were the whole point of nullsec then weā€™d need to remove all of the PvE content already in nullsec such as exploration, combat sites and more. Besides this, there is no definition on what belongs where in the Eve universe, its a video game that we play for fun.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.