Mission Runners Declining?

Just stop using drone then.

If that’s been a change from CCP then it’s a good thing.
People who actually try to make something work should be more rewarded than people who want lazy chill activity.

But are they really ?
You are just venting your anger that the game does not spoon feed you. “CCP ruined my playstyle”. If your playstyle was revolving around AFK with drones, IMO it’s a good thing it’s been ruined. Indeed, fun should prevail over lazyness.

please try to find activity in eve that you enjoy. If mission runners are not enjoyable, don’t do them. CCP has the tools to observe that.

3 Likes

It may be worth noting that some item are only available as a mission reward and cannot be obtained anywhere else.

If such items are no longer collected, chances are that those rare items increase in price - by a ton.

3 Likes

The standings award isn’t broken- it’s a fraction of the remaining standings to reach 10.

from your example:
10 - 4.52= 5.48 left to go
5.48 x 0.132 = 0.72336 increase
0.72336 + 4.52 = 4.59 (after rounding)

1 Like

yeah but the screen is broken and computes it as a direct increase instead (reported serveral times, also explained how to fix that)

1 Like

that’s why I rather do Abyssal space it’s more fun the other activities I like doing exploration and Mining

90% of the PVE is terrible in this game Abyssal space is kind of going in the right direction
level 4 missions are not fun to do

something I’ve learned from another MMORPG one of the devs when they did live stream when they were doing development on it a reason why a player usually cheats in your game if one of the activities they’re doing is terrible and the game they try to find a way to game the system to make it less terrible doing it AFK using Bots to do it or try to find something else to do if they can’t find any way to get past that activity and it irritates them enough they rather go play some other game instead thank God
Eve has options for other activities to make money other than killing rats all day cuz I would have quit the game a long time ago if that was the only source of income

2 Likes

I tend to do level 4 missions in the evenings or weekend mornings atm as a way to relax after a day at work. As i am doing soe missions now can get the ships from loyalty store i tend to use most. I still enjoy doing them however I do agree that they always seem to be the same old missions and have been for a long time, rinse and repeat. Good thing is though when i do start getting bored i can jump in the astero and do exploration or strat and go hunting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think CCP recognizes that they have the best MMO market play currently available, but their battle mechanics is inferior to many others out there (IMHO). I play EVE for the market play. if I want to battle, I go elsewhere.

1 Like

Please stop playing this old song. This argument is really stupid and you should not be advocating paid programmers unable to do their job.

If the old code is really so big deal, ie. curent programmers unable to figure out how to add new content, then they should just rewrite it completely. It is not so big deal, they know exactly how should it work.

This is more of an issue of content creators than programmers.

2 Likes

The issue is money. There is no issue with rewriting missions code. But this will take Dev time that can be put elsewhere. And still you need to sell somehow new missions so they will pay off for rewrite.

1 Like

ah right money, yeah that is most likely the real problem…

2 Likes

In 2017 already CCP Dragon said they’re on rewriting the whole thing around it. They’re adding tons of triggers to the game to enable “if this then that” action and reactions. Abyssal deadspace is a result of what they’ve been working on in the past.

New missions will definitely get implemented once they’re done with a system to actually implement it … or they actually need to do it. Or they have an environment where their new stuff fits into. They might as well have something already and just wait with releasing it when it’s needed, or the time is right.

This proves you have literally zero idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

As a programmer I do.

Claiming that technical debt is no big deal makes you fit perfectly the definition of an ignorant fool. Not of a programmer.

So I repeat : you have literally zero idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

There is only one ignorant fool and that is you. You are the only one claiming you understand it perfectly and everyone else have no idea how it is. But it is clear you are the one who has no idea what is he talking about.

The missioning “system” is or rather should be an API. If we assume it is not API right now because it was coded in dark ages of programming when nobody was thinking of future, replacing current hard code with an API should be a 24 hour work at max for any skilled programmer. Also, if it is not API, then every single mission is hardcoded in source and it would also require another person or more who would extract the mission data from hard code and put them into database. That might take a bit longer mainly because I have no idea how many missions there are.

If it is API already (and I have hard time believing that all missions are hardcoded directly inside eve source, it is just too abominate idea) then there is absolutely no problem and adding new missions is a piece of cake - meaning technical side of it, not the content creation side of it.

EDIT: Can you actually link CCP statement where they say that adding new missions is not possible due to the “old code issues”? AFAIK they used this argument for something else and now idiots like you are re-using that argument to counter any player suggestion/idea for new content. If this is not trolling then I don’t know what else.

4 Likes

They used it in relation to the old POS code regarding security and permissions.

Personally I think the biggest reason aside from the missions being old and static, is that there is more variety now.

10 years ago the options for HS isk making (at least in space combat related) was combat anoms and sigs and missions.

Then we got incursions. Now invasions, abyssals etc. Most of which yield more isk/hr.

Sure if you work at it you can make a solid isk/hr with missions, knowing which to blitz and so forth. Or you can run emerging conduits and make 100m/hr+ with your brain turned off.

1 Like

“the mission system is or should be an API system”

Woah. Just, woah. That made every ignorant-o-meter on Earth shudder…

One thing is to blow self- proclaimed expertise and another is this and the equivalent to throw it into the sun for everyone to see…

1 Like

I think he just thinks all interface types are called “API” :wink:

That is it’s the only explanation to his post that would make sense other than “post is just random ramblings”

(so what I’d think would make sense of him trying to say is that whole thing should be like:
Agent -> MissionInterface <- actuall mission backend
and it still doesn’t mean tho adding new missions is easy if there is no creator to those missions - I mean yeah sure plugging new mission into the system could be easy if all interfaces are done right, but to plug it in you firstly have to have mission created and from what I understand that was problematic issue)

1 Like

That is what I meant.

I never said it is easy, it will be probably very time consuming to do. But has nothing to do with “old code” or whatever and has nothing to do with programmers.

an API is for program to work with a library. Not for end client to work with graphical client.

That, you know nothing of.

1 Like