Mission Soundtracks?

Hi,

I started HiSec Missioning 13 years ago, when there was an ingame Jukebox (to play all EVE soundtracks & personal MP3s) and even and ingame Browser.

When I am doing L4 missions today, there is no specific soundtrack after using an acceleration gate. At least I cannot hear it on my computer. I know there is an EVE playlist on soundcloud. But where are the “battle songs” from the past? Do I need to adjust my settings to hear them?
I really enjoyed them and felt like a beast when doing missions! (even with level III skills only)

Here is an example of these soundtracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLFpRJsCti4&list=PLA7B6C37268B6FC57&index=1

So these soundtracks playing while doing a mission were a good moral boost too! Are they in the game yet, am I missing them due to some configuration error?

If not: CCP should implement them again, dont you think so?

Yours
Donnerliese
(pls excuse bad English, I am German)

1 Like

We don’t have control of what soundtrack plays at a specific event. Nothing you can do sadly but just have the sound simply on.

Also, I have to say this: EVE has sound?! :sweat_smile: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Good ole running meme there.

Those of us who can remember… still miss the Jukebox.

I only play for 3 years, so I don’t know about a Jukebox. I simply remember that whenever I entered an escallation or mission room, the music would change from the ambiant sound to one of the track you posted, and then whenever you jumped to the next room a new track would be triggered. And I liked it a lot.

Unfortunately, I think they removed them 1-2 years ago with a so called audio update, where the marketing folks used Newspeak language in the dev blog to talk about enhanced audio experience, immersion and stuff like that.

NO. That was so annoying I’m glad it’s gone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.