Moderation of the Forums

How odd. I was just thinking he doesn’t throw you over there enough.

1 Like

What I was asking for is a section where we specifically don’t have to RP in order to be silly.

1 Like

Out of pod experience isn’t what you are looking for?

No, because our shenanigans most certainly is EVE-related but not in-character (alter egos aside)

I propose a third-party unofficial EVE-O Forums message board or Discord if you want to fling poop at each other.

/r/evepoop

So r/eve then.

6 Likes

Are you an /r/eve mod?

You could call it the Circle Jerk sub forum since it will end up being five to eight characters playing off each other all day.

On a positive note, it will move the main ■■■■ posters out of GD. So there’s that.

1 Like

@Foggy_Bernstein you started it, you finish it :wink:

So now that I have a separate thread to clog the page, I’m free to point out that the item is being sold for cheaper there?

Why does it matter whose thread it is if it’s the same item? The only thing you will have accomplished is having 2 exact same threads next to each other every day instead of just 1.

Common courtesy. Just keep it to your own thread. Thanks!

2 Likes

Sure, but that’s not a rule. I’m not being offensive or spamming. If 1 message a day is considered spam, sure, you can ask me to limit that, but not remove all of them altogether.

Is making a thread with an unrealistic price and bumping it every day common courtesy? I can do that if he gets away with it. But the forum will get clogged with ridiculous threads if no one is calling people out on their bs.

Questioning their price is fine. Placing your own sale advertisement in their thread is not. You should run your own sale thread if you have the same item to sell.

Relevant Sales rule snippet:

1. This forum is for selling items. You may reply to the threads with bids or questions regarding the item. All other posts are off topic and will be removed.

The above is a hard definition of allowable responses to a thread and does not permit hijacking someone’s sales thread with your own listing.

Additional relevant rule:

1. When a deal has been made please change the thread title and the opening post stating that the item is no longer for sale.

If the OP sells their item, the thread gets renamed to say sold - so you have to make your own listing anyway to show your item remains available for sale.

2 Likes

look at the other sales pages and see how many of the same ships etc are being sold by different people, all in different topics.

Just edit the topic and add [Sold] at the begining or end.

Yeah, and it’s a uselessly annoying waste of space.

I think you misunderstood what I was referring to in my post. Thanks for trying to help.

It’s hardly useless: it shows that there are multiple offers available without forcing a player to search through a single long topic for each listing then onward to see if it has since been bought. Separate topics allow the previously-mentioned topic title edit to mark sold, so a player can quickly look down the list of topics to find active sales threads.

You might find it annoying, and that’s your opinion, but others find it helpful.

Don’t like all of the above? You don’t have to sell on the forums. But if you do sell on the forums, you have to follow the rules.

3 Likes

I’d rather go through and open say for example 5 windows of the same item being sold, than go through 100 responses in one topic and trying to determine who still has one to sell etc… while yes we do have the delete post feature, id still rather go through individual topics to see prices, in case price changes from OP of topic…

1 Like