Moderation of the Forums

It’s really difficult to keep something ‘civil’ if you are taunted,insulted and called troll just because you defend your opinion…

Because this is what happens…

3 Likes

Just remember, you can always rely on the defence of telling people you disagree with to ■■■■ off and leave the game - that is 100% acceptable - and clearly established as such by ISD. Not particularly useful in a debate, but if you just want to insult people, go ahead…

Heck, we should start a thread where we take it in turns to tell the person above to ■■■■ off and leave the game :smiley:

3 Likes

plz give me your stuff on the way out

3 Likes

You forget that i have ‘multiple alts’(5 in 15 years)’

Even this is disbelieved and they keep claiming it beside being rejected multiple times…

You may understand that i am a little bit salty about some people here…

1 Like

Damn, forgot that one! :rofl:

1 Like

Most of the trolls here are the same person, so don’t worry about that…

I currently have, hmm, 24 accounts…

1 Like

Why am I not surprised :smiley: maybe a better thread would include insult vote options, hmm

1 Like

Hah, only 8 omega atm - so complete light-weight…

1 Like

Woah. To a disabled person like me, that’s amazingly idiotic and dense (them, not you).

I can’t believe how hateful some people are without even seeing their hate for what it is.

3 Likes

So its ok to call Hilmar a retard? :thinking:
Or that GM? :thinking:

1 Like

What if someone would use word “mentally incapacitated”? :thinking:

Never. Anyone. Irrespective of what they’ve done or what they’ve said.

So, we ‘could’ call Hilmar a retard and suggest he ■■■■ off and leave the game…

2 Likes

Dancing on the head of a pin…

In a world (or a universe for that matter) where you can be anything, be kind.

To me, it really is that simple.

1 Like

But we hear that all the time, and the “idiot”.

I agree, but others dont. They must be really frustrated or sad and it shows in anger…
The words seem to be expressing their emotional load. Emotions like that dont help in discussion.

Attacking person instead of argument is the sign of not having arguments.

1 Like

I think I vaguely remember the past thread you refer to, actually. IIRC I didn’t think the ISD’s response at the time was unreasonable.

This is a forum for an internet spaceship game we like (well…many of of us, anyway…some folks around here…) not a discussion group to solve the issues facing humanity. I can’t say I can blame the mods for not wanting potential fecal hurricanes to get really going.

The guy who made the recent posts you refer to I didn’t like the attitude of at all. I especially did not like the condescending and patronizing approach he expressed about black and brown people - “the soft bigotry of low expectations”. Also, there was a guy on one of the earlier CSMs who used a wheelchair, so imo that fact kind of goes against some sort of “CCP doesn’t want to allow disabled people on CSM” idea. They are a video game company, not the U.N.

3 Likes

Why not?

You do…

Those are fair points Xuxe Xu I wasn’t necessarily holding him up as an example of humanity, but I do think that he made some valid points.

They are a video game company, not the U.N.

Also a fair point, however, I do think that it’s not unreasonable to be able to call out prejudice where you see it. The fact that this is a game, doesn’t change that and it shouldn’t mean that prejudical behaviour is okay.

Sadly, some people are incapable of debating, or understanding the fine art - or, indeed, understanding that pointing these shortcomings out are not in fact insults, but rather advice and guidance :upside_down_face: