Modules to boost capacitor abilities

my ship has a bad capacitor time because I fitted too much guns on it. I have a small cap battery in my mid slot and when I use it, it have little to no effect on my ship. is there any modules that boost capacitor performance? like improve capacitor size, increase recharge rate or make modules use less capacitor? most importantly improve recharge rate. Thanks.

First, train up your Engineering skills - the Magic 14 plan is a good idea for first-time players to get to at least level 4 to help with ship fittings and basic combat.
Edit: long term, you want all the Engineering skills in the Magic 14 to level 5, but that doesn’t have to be in your first few weeks as you learn the basics. /edit

Next, share your fit with us! Use the ‘Copy to Clipboard’ option in the fitting tool to get a very tidy fitting export, which you can add to your first post, or as a follow up post. Be prepared to have players suggest MAJOR changes in your fit; there os a lot of ship fitting knowledge available here.

1 Like

Oh thanks. so here is my fit:

[Coercer, Eruch Von Manstein’s Coercer]
Small Armor Repairer I
Small I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
100mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Small Focused Anode Particle Stream I
Small Focused Anode Particle Stream I
Dual Light Beam Laser I
Dual Light Beam Laser I
Dual Light Beam Laser I
Dual Light Beam Laser I

Multifrequency S x6

btw how to see your capacitor recharge rate?

Thanks

the thing is that I do not have any rigs and don’t know what do buy. and I am very bad at putting in low slots.

The fitting window capacitor time not something you should take set in stone. The fitting window time is based on cap drain with all modules running, all the time.

With experience, you will learn how to manage your capacitor and when you need to run which module.

So, say you only run your prop mod or armor repairers occasionally, that has a big impact on your cap drain

As for the fit, good decent base line for a new player. 1 big major thing though: 1 exact type of gun and use that, never mix guns. You will now either have 66% of yoru guns working optimally or 33% of them, but never 100%.

To clarify (with my skills) and using standard Multifreq S:

Small Focused Anode Laser - Optimal: 11.4 km / Falloff: 2.88km
Dual light beam - Optimal: 8.6 km / Falloff: 2.3 km

So you are mixing two very different stats guns, while also leaving 2 possible DPS dealing guns out of your fit. The more DPS you do, the faster you can get the damage inflicting stuff of the playing field.

Also, what is your tactic when using this ship?

1 Like

@J_Poll is, as usual, absolutely right.

You have two armour repairers fitted and a small armour plate. Running both reps. will place a huge demand on your capacitor.

The alternative is to improve the resistance of your armour to damage and make do with a single repairer (I’m assuming this ship is for running missions). Improving resistance reduces the damage incoming fire does. Damage comes in four flavours: EM, Thermal, Kinetic and Explosive, your damage to each flavour will vary - you can tune your resistance to match the damage you are receiving in a mission, or go for a more balanced approach.

Anyway, if you resist half the incoming damage then you only need half the repair capability. So you could replace one repair with, say, a Damage Control I (you’ll want the DC II as soon as skill allows). It improves resistance in shields, armour and hull - which really helps.
There are other armour resistance modules that cover either all flavours or just a single flavour (for filling holes in resistance). Some are active, a large resistance but need capacitor, many are passive. Eve University has a good page of information.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Armor_Tanking_101
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Tanking#Armor_tanking_modules

A common fit, and where I’d normally start for a mission running Coercer, would be to put a Damage Control, Repairer and a Heat Sink in the low slots (you could put a resistance plating module instead of the Heat Sink if you are nervous). The Heat Sink increases the damage your weapons do - and killing the target quicker also reduces the damage you take!
(Hence J’Poll’s good advice to fit all guns and fit the same gun. Punch as hard as you can - be a fighter not a sponge!)

You may find a Cap Recharger better than a small battery for mission running. Or a Capacitor Booster and load it with capacitor boost charges.

Rigs:
These wire in capabilities to the basic hull. For example, a small Trimark Armour Pump will add a certain percentage to the amount of armour you have. An Energy Collision Accelerator will increase the damage your guns do. There are a couple of engineering rigs that improve capacity size and recharge rate - they are often more effective than fitting a battery.

The Coercer is a very good mission ship - it’ll slash its way through Level 1 missions; beam lasers allow you to engage at a range which reduces the damage you take. You’ll often not take damage to your armour, or only need a few cycles of repair to keep on top of it
It can do Level 2 missions, but that takes care in a Destroyer - you’d normally use a Cruiser (the Omen is good, the Maller isn’t bad either)

A shield fitted Coercer (a single medium shield extender in the mids) is a thing, butvstick with armour fits for now: the experience of flying with armour tanks serves an Amarrian pilot better.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.

I run epic arcs now, SOE ones. I orbit a enemy at like 6000m then fire my guns at them. usually they die within 3 salvo. then I lock the next enemy and repeat.

so should I switch all to the anode particle stream or all to beam laser? I actually never used the cap battery but on EVE university, they said I should have one. and I rarely use my armour repairer, as I only loose my shield once before.

[Coercer, Eruch Von Manstein’s Coercer]

Small I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
Damage Control I
Reactive Armor Hardener

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

Dual Anode Light Particle Stream I, Multifrequency S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Multifrequency S x6

This is set up with both @Terak_Romaller’s advice and mine.

With my current skills, if you run everything but the armor repper, it will be cap stable. So, only when you start to take significant armor damage, then you start to have to work on your capacitor management by pulsing the repper as needed. Other then that, I have fitted it for max tank possible due to lower skills (can’t do extra damage when you can’t survive in the first place)

Eventually, with time, skillpoints and in game skills, you can destroy the small capacitor rig for something more useful like enhanced damage

Both your guns are beam lasers, just different meta levels. Which means their stats are different.

Also, NEVER ever fit something just because anybody or some website says you must fit this. There is always a reason and situation behind why you fit something on your ship. Though there are really general rules of thumb when it comes to fitting.

Just curious, when you dock in station, offline / unfit your armor reppers, 1 by 1, and what does the capaciitors times say:

2 fitted: ?
1 fitterd: ?
0 fitted: ?

Also, as you barely use your armor repper in the first place, swap the 2nd out for a resist module (Damage Control I but preferably DC II) to make your tank even better.

Thanks so much, currently, it lasts for like 1:57, if I unfit 1 beam laser, it’s like 2:48, unfit 2 beam laser, it’s like stable. (I don’t quite remember)

what does that mean?

Don’t unfit lasers, unfit the armor repairer and look at numbers.

Because you need the lasers to kill stuff. You only need the repairer when something needs to be repaired

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Tech_and_meta_levels

Have you gotten used to the simulator yet?

It’s a button at the top right of your ship fitting window. While in simulation it will give you the capacitor lifetime for the modules you have running. Click on a module to turn it from green (on) to red (overheated) to dimmed (powered off) to not-running (no colour).

If you have a module like an afterburner or micro warp drive That you don’t run all the time. Turn it to not running and it will show you the cap usage for all of the other modules running without it.

It’s useful for getting a better view of your real cap usage, where the fitting window only shows you how it would deplete with everything running at once.

two points:

1. afterburner cap consumption is reduced using the skill fuel conservation. Be sure to have it al lvl 4 (and even 5)

2. Did you join a corp with corpmates willing to help you (and not russian speaking ;))? because it is much easier and faster to get a comment on your fit in game: you link it in corp chan and discuss with people on comms. For basic questions about fittings it helps a lot, believe me

Oh, you’re doing the Sisters of EvE epic arc now? Great, glad to hear it!

1 Like

Ok thanks for all these replies. I realised that armour repairer is actually quite useful as sometimes I loose my hull HP a bit. I plan to remove the after burner, as I never use it and I do PVE. I joined a new corp with people who speaks English and I learnt a lot. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Obvious forum alt then :slight_smile:

so what modules exactly boost capacitor abilities? and fits on a destroyer?

Off the top of head - cap rechargers, cap batteries, cap boosters, capacitor flux coil, capacitor power relay, energy nosferatu (under some circumstances), capacitor control circuit rigs.