Monthly Economic Report - August 2019

The Monthly Economic Report for August 2019 is now ready!

You can find it here!

The raw data that makes up this report can be downloaded here. (25.90MB)

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

5 Likes

Thank you for the speedy release of this months MER.

This months figures are looking a lot more reasonable as Null adjusts to the new risk level.

Delve is starting to look more reasonable but it definitely shows that there is just so many anomalies in null systems, with no drop from last month in Delve, meaning they have no need for conflict to support their players. As the NPC bounties with so many less logins has not fallen. This also leads to a very strong possibility of bots in Delve.

The other noticeable thing is the drop in other unaffected areas, this however is probably due to the release of WOW Classic, which has millions of players, more than WoW itself.

5 Likes

WOW Don’t need to say a thing. It is all graphed to nowhere. This is what CCP wants. EVE to crash into chaos. Congratulations!!! this combined with eve-offline.net graphs and we can see where we are going.

All those people who said the blackout would make EVE better but it has had the opposite. More leaving than returning.

13 Likes

Bro.

All they’re doing is correcting for inflation…

Short summary: 10% ratting down in Delve, 33% in other umbrella regions, more than 80%!!! down in non-umbrella regions.

Congrats CCP on killing non-umbrella nullsec, OP success.

18 Likes

Down 6% in Delve.

That’s compared to July which was partially affected by blackout, my data is corrected.

P.S. Mining down is 90% in some regions, 33% in Delve.

Mining is also down in Non-null regions.

1 Like

Except we have no data to support that claim, especially now that WoW Classic has millions of players.

1 Like

Look at the folk who are online. They correcting the user base as well. Bots moved to HS and real players are departing. I do wonder what the critical mass number is. When you log on and see 15K players is that enough for you to carry on. How about 10k? At some point people will log in see low numbers and just move on.
Look at the numbers from eve-offline.net and see how many are not logging during a period when people start logging in. A period where there have been lots of incentives to log on and get free skill points.
We like graphs and the graphs show a general decline.

6 Likes

It’s fairly steady in hisec, and doesn’t fall even nearly to the same degree as a total drop in all, especially non-umbrella, nullsec.

Eve-offline:

3 months, 22k period average.
1 month, 19k period average.
2 weeks, 18k period average.
1 week, 17k period average.
36 hours, 15k period average, but that doesn’t include sunday peak, so yeah, probably not statistically correct sample.

But you do get the trend, I believe.

5 Likes

And yet still has no data related to subscriptions. Just the numbers of simultaneous logins.

With the release of WoW classic you expect a massive drop and even in the run up, same as when star Citizen is finished in 2348.

3 Likes

Lets see how september will turn out at the end

1 Like

Okay your post had pretty much nothing to do with the MER and correcting inflation but ok.

Speculation.

My claim was that more are leaving and not playing that the supposed flood of returning players post blackout.
That is seen in the online numbers fairly clearly. Look at peek numbers for any one day over 3 months and it is a general trend down.
Yes there might be people that support EVE and pay for their accounts and don’t play now that there is a blackout. How many of those is a mystery. Fewer people playing is the only thing we have to go on.

Wish it was the other way but…

So when you log on and there are 10,000 playing how are you going to feel?

3 Likes

PCU is gonna be done for a while, and that’s something that we’ll have to get used to for the time being. But I bet EVE will come out stronger and healthier in the end, even if numbers are smaller.

3 Likes

Fine.

PCU has never really affected me.

1 Like

Less customers but stronger EVE. :confused:

3 Likes

You are aware 10,000 accounts were banned this month.

1 Like