Monthly Economic Report - August 2019

Exactly, and no pne seems to be able to admit how disasterously bad that is.

Ccp saw a problem with faucets, so they made a change that minimally affected the main players responsoble for the problem while punishing the small people who were just trying to survive or catch up.

Now everyone is turtling up under the same groups that caused the problem in the 1st place, and the stupidly utopian idea of " well, small groups will go to null to fill the gaps" isnt happening either.

The blackout is like a metaphor for real life. If people canā€™t even tell the truth about whats happening in a game how can you expect humanity to be able to tackle real life problems that actually mean something?

4 Likes

ok. thatā€™s all good.
Iā€™m not making a comment on black out or player count, even Iā€™ve not advocated for this little Intel.

All I was saying is that the stats you were using were start biased to show a bad picture, not that correct figures wouldnā€™t also show a drop.

WH goes to null sec to hunt, null sec goes to other nullsec to hunt. you still believe that wh is most dangrous.

2 Likes

A lot of wormhole corps hunt and fight in wormholes

At this moment I see 3 rorqs and 4 dreads dead on the first page.

1 Like

The only people stupid enough to believe Null is more dangerous than WH space is those who have never lived there.

Null sec is Hello Kitty Online.

1 Like

Repeating a lie, over and over again, like a mantra, doesnĀ“t make it become the truth!

3 Likes

I think CCP knows that the current changes are a bit dis-proportionate in their effects, it would ā€œniceā€ to ā€œchaosā€ everyone equally, but - dat umbrella!

The change to cynoā€™s seems to be the first attempt at making more work for the ā€œumbrellaā€ to provide protection. But as has been stated before - the more players and alts you can throw at a problem, the more able large groups are, to keep mining and ratting as if nothing has changed. Yet, they will have to either ā€˜sacrificeā€™ a character to be a recon cyno for each group of PvEā€™rs, (turns isk faucet down slightly, better for the game?) or spin up a new account (better for CCP? Win-Win scenario?)

The cyno change following so quickly after the ā€œblackoutā€, of which some of us may have direct knowledge of ā€œshort-term angry playersā€ throwing in the towel, (no, thanks?) ā€” is a sign that CCP is perhaps not done. They are probably thinking hard about the next tactic to try, to shake up the sandbox for all players - large and small.

1 Like

By the time they come up with something, small players may not remain, and the number of large players may seriously decrease.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s always true but the cyno change goes beyond just adding another alt. If Iā€™m attacking some rorqs for example the first thing Iā€™ll do is drop an inhib. Right now a rorq just needs to light a cyno before the inhib anchors, then it can easily tank for 10 minutes with a cyno up, giving the defenders plenty of time to jump more capitals in. After the change any recon on grid has to light the cyno right away too, otherwise itā€™s covered by the inhib. But a recon canā€™t tank nearly as well as a rorq so the defenders have very little time to jump anything in before it dies.

If the recon lights the cyno outside the range of the inhib I can at least put up bubbles towards it so whatever jumps in canā€™t warp down to the rorqs.

If the recon lights the cyno somewhere else in system same thing, I can bubble the warp ins and have at least some chance of keeping those capitals away from the rorqs.

Iā€™m sure the big groups will come up with some new cheese to keep dropping capitals on things, but Iā€™m also sure that CCP will keep attacking this meta because theyā€™ve finally decided itā€™s not great for the health of the game that a handful of supers can solve just about every problem people might have. Personally I think a rebalance of supercaps is next on the list, CCP gaves enough hints in that direction already. And thatā€™s something that definitely hits the big groups more, because small groups have no hope of competing on a supercap level anyway.

2 Likes

Repeating the truth, however does not make it a lie.

Null needs fixing and fixed it is getting. No more hello kitty for you.

1 Like

well you ve been turned down by null blocks, became salty and still know nothing about NS. Doubt you tried WH.
your mining in high sec experience does not take you above Hello kitty.
but you excel as a persistent flat earther - forum troll.

4 Likes

As I said go back to hello kitty, because you know nothing about EvE.

1 Like

YouĀ“re again wrong!

Still Hello Kitty for me, because i live in hisec, but i lived in hi, Null and wormhole before and know the differences, something you seem to have no idea of.

4 Likes

When is the time coming?

The graph of ISK sinks & faucets shows -12,478B in brokers fees, but the ā€œService Fees: Breakdown by Providerā€ numbers show 8,593B going to NPCs for broker fees and 2,449B going to players. Even added together (which would be the wrong thing to do because payments to players donā€™t remove ISK from the economy) the values only add up to 11,042B ISK. Where do the values in the ā€œsinks & faucetsā€ graph come from?

2 Likes

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand all the talk about wormholes being as safe as null. Remove asset safety and cyno umbrellas from null and maybe then you would be getting closer.

its CCP magic. you donā€™t really think all these graphs are on the up and up. I tried to figure the math but no raw data, so its no different than looking at eve offline and trying to figure subscriptions. cant be verified.

1 Like

thatā€™s just some crazy talk Mark started with his trolling. both places have there own challenges and rewards. dude is acting like nobody but him has ever lived in a WH. So let him stroke his own ego, and the rest of us can have partially productive conversations, maybe.

1 Like