Monthly Economic Report - July 2019

Nah, that isk is counted in “Active ISK delta” (during CSM voting period it was a HUGE positive number due to players re-activating their old accounts). They are not in this report because it covers whole July, and BO happened mid-july (12) meaning that those players leaving are not reflected.

this seems pretty telling to me

2 Likes

nope. All it shows is a shock reaction and an attempt to sit through BO docked. August MER will be a telling one.

1 Like

a 1 trillion loss in taxable revenue is why I’m saying taxes went up. I’m no economist but it seems pretty straight forward. I see it kind of like this, fixing one mistake with another.

Actually September/October will be the one’s to wait for - A 3 month comparison of everything will more clearly show the impact of changes.

2 Likes

Delve still looks like a massive outlier.
The peak concurrent players show that most of that activity is not happening in Delve but most of the mining and ratting is.

CCP may actually have to take steps in thinning out the rats and resources in Delve after all why would anyone want to go into other areas when there is so much in that one area. Look at WH space, great rewards but not that many of them and WH space is meant to have the highest risk vs reward.

And then you will complain goons have too much territory.

If it was ANY region so far out mining and out ratting any other region by so much, there is a problem.

Especially as it is not the area with the highest peak concurrent players.

As the highest peak concurrent players is a trade hub that has up to 2,000 players docked up for hours at a time, all day every day.

Yes Delve is an issue - One CCP so far seem to be overlooking with these changes.,.

CCP needs to nerf Delve, and share the love. Randomly generating moon ore every downtime would help a lot.

Ratting taxes are set by your corp, they go straight into your corp’s wallet. Market taxes are set by CCP to take money out of the economy entirely, they just disappear. The two aren’t related at all.

Try learning new moon ore mechanics.

Then you’ll see goons moving to another region and CCP will have to nerf all the regions but then due to sheer number goons will still be an outlier in statistics.

It actually isnt if you look at the numbers and calculate per-capita income. Although they do have more organized miners and industry that actually works and that is unlikely to change.

I have said many times: CCP has to look into iHub upgrades and military/industry indices system to make regions less sustainable for large uncontrollable amount of farming. If you look at “npc killed” map of any region on dotlan you’ll see that farming is concentrated in few systems. Making resources deplete faster/respawn longer will force big player entities to actually use more of their claimed space which will spread their defenses and possibly make things more interesting.

This is pretty much what I have always advocated - massive reduction in anoms and anom respawns → make people spread out and remove the effectiveness of super umbrellas - but CCP…

You could probably fit the entire population of Null into Delve and still have plenty to farm at present

1 Like

Exactly this. The blackout pushed players in a few good to defend systems. Counter this by depleting resources (like PI) and having them being a waste land for a couple weeks after overfarming. So big organizations have to carefully manage resource farming in their territory.

So basically put a cap on resources / time you can farm in one system sustainable. Everything above will deplete the pool and increase the recovery time exponentially (like old fatigue). Make it transparent for corps with the mining and a new ratting ledger.

The cap can be tied to the truesec status of a system. Lower truesec higher cap.

Just random procedural generation will solve nothing IMO. EvE does not need more RNG mechanics but more realism.

… and if you are at it, move at least 50% of the bounties to tags.

1 Like

Wow just came back from a long nap found this pack and decided to compare from the last time I was on the trade index’s. Wow o Wow CCP needs to wake the F.U. if they want to keep Eve alive seems like in the last year all markets have taken a massive hit. Less materials due to failing member counts. Less density in Ore in Belts and the limited sweet spots of systems with more the 20 belts are hurting all players and to find any mid to high grade ores with a active local chat being less and less. Eve’s numbers are showing us it is taking a crash and burn approach to how the game is played. Myself this will be the 5th time I unsub and wait it out. I have to much invested to continue losing my investment. If I lose it all that’s fine but to waste time and personal resources to compassionate CCP for there F.U.'s is not my job it’s there’s to fix the issue’s but they don’t give a dump about us.

1 Like

Thats not an issue, its self stabilizing. As population declines, so to does the demand. For the most part that will stay consistent.

Im noticing a large shift of the games population. Goons seem to be moving out of delve, for their income production. I find this interesting.

As for the rest of eve, some key regions, that are npc based seemed to have been increase significantly.

Don’t know what MER you are reading but it certainly isn’t this months.
Delve is still top for everything, Goons have actually consolidated and are doing well.
As for the rest of Eve especially NPC space - It is all but dead.
Many once active regions held by smaller groups are barely a blip on the MER this month - That is a very bad outcome as it shows, small groups die while big ones prosper and profit from the demise of the small guy.

The very worst thing about BO so far - The drop in isk/activity in regions other than those Bloc controlled, has come about “without a shot being fired”. It was done purely by CCP intervention.

Aside from the economics, can you say

FEAR FACTOR :skull_and_crossbones: :rofl:

Any change always benefits large groups more than small.
It’s an old and boring refrain at this point “What about the small groups!”
About the only change that will impact large groups more than small is LOS/LOF mechanics brought into combat, and even that will also be to big groups advantage in a number of ways.

So… yeah, frankly CCP are right in ignoring it, because to do otherwise would paralyze them.