Monthly Economic Report - July 2021

But there are still certainties: Omist is still missing, since the May MER of this year.

It’s not, really. I just assumed 90% of our guys didn’t login omega accounts every day. Don’t need Omega to do the corm fleets we were running for fun during that window, after all.

Except, again, you’re conflating active omegas logging in every single day of the promotion with ‘total players’, and that just doesn’t track.

And this is why the ‘every day’ issue is such a significant part. Aug 2, we filled 2 supercapital fleets, 2 cap fleets, fielded 5 subcap fleets, and had people waiting to see what else would form, all at the same time.

It’s not the number of omegas that’s the issue, it’s the number of omegas logging in every day during a specified window. There could be 200k omega accounts. They didn’t all log in every day during that window.

another MER thats shows how the game is going down the hill gj developers keep throwing people out of the game

2 Likes

I have 6 EVE accounts that did not log.

1 Like

Have a close look at the graph. Available isk is roughly the same as it was in 2019. AND is higher than it was in the previous 5 years (bar a slight spike when Scarcity first hit, funny that).
The last 3 months has seen the lowest login numbers in years, yet available isk went up over that period. Are you saying only trillionares who’ve been afk for 3+ months logged in which is why “available isk” has gone up?

If I were a sceptic I’d wonder if CCP Rattati was doing this to encourage and secure a place for large bloc style alliances and coalitions, simply because that’s pretty much all he has achieved so far.

1 Like

Why not? At less than 1 minute per account per day it was income at a rate of 2b per hour. And you would have got 1.4b for practically no effort.

Well, you can certainly read that into the graph if you like.

I’m seeing a general downward trend in available Isk from early 2021 as people who subbed for the war bugger off again once stalemate happened, with a spike at the end of July / early August with the stimulisk arriving. With that spike, it brings the total to just below the peak of 2019.

Given that that means two years of faucets have equated to net zero change in total available Isk, there’s a combination of lots of wealthy players logging out and a slower growth in overall Isk supply.

As I stated above, I’m not convinced that was the actual reason for scarcity - it was at least just as much about mineral stockpiles as anything else - but yes, I’d say CCP will have some confidence in their actions working.

Looking further into the MER, you will also see that blue loot, trigs and incursions are the biggest source of that isk also, and so this having something to do with making nullsec more powerful while moving much of the income sources from nullsec (albeit through player reactions to the game design changes, so perhaps unintended consequences here) seems a little… biased, in terms of interpretation.

Nice one

As a nulsec player who for over 10 years has made more isk in highsec (like many others) than nul, all I see is CCP chasing its own tail.
For goodness sake the biggest player run trade hub is owned jointly by the two at the lead (among others) of the pretend war we just watched for the last year.
Nothing CCP has done to date will deter the blob mentality that is so bad for nulsec. In fact changes to industry have solidified their hold as far as Super supremecy goes which also goes hand in hand with Sov.

If Rattati keeps going the way he is, Tranquility will end up just like Serenity. Albiet without as many botters (maybe).
2 or 3 power bloks who won’t fight because they each have too much to lose. Which we’ve already seen an example of with the recent war (if that’s what it can be called)

1 Like

If you have made more Isk in HS than NS, what does it matter that bloc’s hold these areas? If they want to play castles in null, let them - if you’re making your money in HS, you can certainly find all sorts of content between there, LS and WH space so why does it matter?

Have you noticed the trade volume at TTT since the tax cut was implemented? It has dramatically reduced trade volumes there. That change was a very real reason for the curtailing of the deadlock in delve.

Challenging the super supremacy of the big blocs is a worthy goal, of which the industry changes were part of the attempt. You claim that the changes do nothing but further entrench bloc’s hold on power: those changes forced those same blocs to gather materials from all areas of the map rather than just in their home regions; how is that not a step in the right direction? Either they’re funding others to gather the resources, or they are spread out across wider amounts of space, with a corresponding reduction in control and safety - no umbrellas in WH space, for example.

Once again my friend your points seem ill-considered, unconnected to the reality in the game and based more on a seemingly bitter vendetta against the idea of nullblocs, rather than being based on any gameplay reason.

Is it time for the “show me where the blob touched you” meme?

For some of us (and I don’t claim to speak for Max, I’m just offering you some of the reasons I know about), it was a matter of pure ennui. ‘CCP’s already screwed the game, why should I care?’ For some, just firing up the launcher was a reminder of ‘damn, I used to have all this stuff I enjoyed doing, and now I can’t do any of it’, and shockingly, people don’t like feeling resentful.

For some, it was more active. More spiteful. “You know what? Screw these idiots and their blatant attempt to buy dishonest DAU numbers. Maybe if they get desperate enough, they’ll actually fix the game.”

And I know a couple of people who were just… well… insulted. “CCP wants to buy my presence on their metrics, and they’re paying… that? Go to hell, jackasses, at least make me a reasonable offer.”

4 Likes

I mean give the guy some credit, @CCP_Rattati has also achieved the lowest player count in over a decade due to his nerf crusade.

6 Likes

I chose to make my isk in highsec because I saw an opening. I have 1 alt in highsec (which is now and will stay Alpha). That does not in any way mean I ever wanted to leave nulsec.

So I need to give up my play style (again) and do things that I find have no appeal for me in what is advertised as “a sandbox”. Lowsec is boring as hell and WH’s are just not my thing anymore, I have no drive to again spend hours scanning holes to nowhere and as much if not more time looking for PVP content.

I have, did you notice the drop also conisided with the END of the pretend war in Delve. The tax cut is temporary, its impact will last for as long as the tax cuts are in place. Temporary “fixes” aren’t the answer to getting Eve back into a good place. Unless CCP want a game of frigates and destroyers online, they need to bite the bullet and start addressing the real issues, brought about by them years ago.

A somewhat failed attempt when you consider the power bloks already have an oversupply of Supers and with those changes no-one will ever be able to build a force to challenge them.

Ok, so mine and thousands of others have seen their chosen play styles eroded away by CCP and the bloks over the years. Thousands of players aren’t logging in anymore but my points are ill considered and simply a vendetta. They aren’t based on “any game play reason” as many thousands of players no longer playing due to the oppressive power of the bloks has nothing to do with it.
Good to know. Here was me thinking mine and thousands of others play styles mattered.

A 4,000 man alliance disbanding after 7 years and the remains joining Goons. It isn’t a meme, it is a sad result of poor design by the games previous owners.

1 Like

I think I’ve been pretty much all of the above at some point! I have 5 accounts, I’ve not subbed them since scarcity started… That said and unlike any other MMO I’ve played besides Anarchy Online, I still find myself checking r/Eve and the forums daily in the hope that CCP decide to discard some of the crap they’ve introduced over the last 2 years. I really really want a reason to play the game again.

When 4 of my accounts are dedicated to titan/dread, super, fax, rorqs the value for money post cyno and scarcity changes isn’t there (recons just made them cumbersome to use, scarcity makes them incredibly grindy to replace). I have 0 value for money to resub those accounts, at least not without a free respec (which I think would work wonders, Albion Online allows you to respec entire career lines in response to patch nerfs)

Me too, buddy. I read these forum posts daily hoping sanity will prevail. EVE has to be the only game you can still care about this much even after it pisses you off so hard that you quit. CCP just removed too much value from ‘my’ game to justify the expense. I felt pushed out by design. They say changes are coming, but I’ve gotta tell ya, given what I’ve seen go down the past 2 years or so, I’m uncharacteristically pessimistic af. But anyway, you’re def not alone in hoping for the best.

2 Likes

Scarcity has already ended - Most Minerals are down to a new low baseline.

Good now its time to nerf mega alliances, blue loot, red loot and concord LP that way we are all miserable.

I am not going to re-sub 6 accounts for 1.4b isk. CCP killed my hobby with ore redistribution, scarcity, and the industrial change. The game is no longer fun to play after CCP killed the way I played EVE. I stop in to see what dumb thing CCP, CSM, and ISD does next to run off its customers. I take great joy in seeing a tanking economy and a low playing log in after the way CCP, CSM, and the ISD treated me and many other cash paying customers. Sandbox play is dead in EVE and its a lame ass combat game now. The last war was a joke and its looking more and more like CCP’S hand picked CSM staged a fake war to help CCP turn EVE into a micro transaction game.

6 accounts at $90 usd (a month) for 1.4 billion isk is another CCP cash grab with no value at all for the customer and another smack in the face from CCP.

6 Likes

No, the changes of the scarcity update are still in full-effect. Mineral concentrations in ores are still low and the ore distributions in the systems are still dispersed.
Scarcity was and is merely a supply-side update, so the price drop must be caused by lower demand on the buying side.
The industry update was one major factor that reduced the demand for the most common minerals.

More recent price drops, I suspect are caused by players just buying fewer ships and fits. If more players who would otherwise do PvP or lose their ships in PvP, are just twiddling their thumbs, then the mineral price should gradually come down too.
If the in game market came from a BOOM-bust and is now in a depression, than that would also explain the helicopter ISK that players received for just logging in, during the keys event.

3 Likes

CCP said that in Q4 they would raised the amounts but not set it back to pre scarcity levels. Don’t forget that ore redistribution was part of the scarcity plan to remove certain ore from every where in EVE but low sec. Then there is the 14000 belts CCP removed from the game completely after being once again dishonest with customers for months about. I have zero trust for CCP handling of the game play in EVE but I fully trust that CCP’S next move will be in the interest of plex and skill injectors sales. Will find out in a tasteless CCP add that they love to taunt customers with.

6 Likes