Monthly Economic Report - May 2018

Why, when we install several identical modules on a ship, we get a penalty for their effectiveness, and for a huge number of ships in the fleet there are no pilalti?

Because people had to pay for accounts.

I think you might misinterpret where he was coming from.

Sure there might be some people or groups who want to be like goons, but hate them at the same time. Some of them might call for nerfs that would effect you, although it wouldn’t be logical, because it’s what they would want to use as well. For most players it’s not about jealousy.

In the end it is a question of “what kind of game do we want to play?”.

Ressource and ISK proliferation that allows for a large amount of the overall playerbase to live in a small area of overall space, simply favors that playstyle of forming superblocks.

It’s good for people who want to do PvE and especially for any kind of Industry and want to PVP from a safer base then they would usually have to. Delve isn’t “safe” in all regards, but it certainly is a safe base. Basing PVP from such a dense and blue region has some similarities to basing out of Highsec or Lowsec, as the base is never in danger. At the same time it offers all the upsides of Sov Null. Some people like that. People and groups who have been kicked out of other regions (for instance several of the former Drone region corps) seek refuge in Delve and they find it. They don’t have to fight other groups, they don’t have to create conflict in order to survive, they simply join Goons and keep on sourcing.

Groups, as in people who mostly want to play with an amount of other players that allow for everyone to have some kind of personal connection to each other, that don’t want to be part of blue donuts suffer from those mechanics. For them these mechanics have the direct consequence that more and more of their content dries up, unless they put more and more personal effort into it, until it becomes a job. The game loses a bit of its magic to be a whirlwind of destruction, chaos and emerging situations for them. In the eye of some of those groups, the game became very predictable due to these mechanics and I think that’s something that some people simply don’t like.

Of course the guy is not right when he says “the game would be better for everyone”, because obviously a number of people are happy to join Goons and enjoy that playstyle. That’s fine. In it’s current extreme form it just means that some other people lose interest. That’s all. No jealousy towards goons, I think, just remnants of times where these people had more fun.

Personally I think the proliferation of ressources has taken a lot of the brains from the game and replaced it with more tools to build upon mass, money and the status quo. For me that made the entire political game of EVE pretty much senseless and uninteresting. Fights can still be nice, but they seem to be increasingly artificial with these mechanics.

For a while, I too was angry about it, but hey, if it is what many people want, if it works out for CCP, why not.
After all, the above mentioned: “what kind of game do we want to play” is something that every player needs to ask and answer for themselves. Some concepts simply don’t go together. And just like relationships, if it really just doesn’t fit anymore, at least one party has to let go.

I’m glad that gankers can’t understand how they make many of us carebears wealthier. I’m always in favour of anything that encourages more ganking.

The download link for MER data in devblog is broken.

You’re never getting this. CCP can’t claim the game is healthy if they actually show the numbers.

Hundreds of characters created every day! Not sure how many of them are disposable plex pack abusers. Because we are NOT growing.

On the nullsec situation, no one has a monopoly. Some have bad leadership/organisational skills and if you could freely choose between joining Venezuela or U.S.A. it wouldn’t be a hard/difficult choice.

Everyone can freely decide what gameplay they like. Some like highsec some like nullsec and some live inside wormholes. There is even a low sec area to separate both zones (before wormhole were invented). I recently ventured into nullsec to experience the nullsec life and related game mechanics.

How much of the performance-based $200-million payday is based on combating bots?
(crickets)

I guess when it would impact the active player count and potentially jeopardize that bonus we know the answer…

How do you think they convinced PA to buy them? If they’d truly gotten rid of the bots, they’d have half the players and half the revenue ( and that’s being generous ). Bots inflate the bottom line, they’re not going anywhere. And Black Desert is full of them, so don’t think PA will take a stand. They do the same “Oh we banned a bunch of bots, just believe us you don’t need proof” song and dance every couple months that CCP does.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.