Monthly Economic Report - October 2019

Well, the graph you’ve linked is the money supply… this, again, is the total ISK in the system, and when people are inactive long enough (there’s some disagreement between CCP’s claim that it takes 3 months, and the graphs’ indications of 1 month), they drop completely out of the system, so all of the ISK in their wallets stops being counted. So, what you’re looking at in the ‘character’ and ‘total’ graphs there is basically a [x month] lag-time of how many people are logging in, more than it is a measure of how much money they’re making.

1 Like

Remember that every ship entering or leaving Cache during the month counts its fitted value to the import/export as well. So if there was a massive influx of say, the Legacy supercapital fleet[1] coming into Cache without leaving… that’ll skew it.

1. An example only, obviously. I make no claims to know about the movement of anyone’s supercapitals, usually not even my own.

4 Likes

Thank you for this report. I always look forward to these.

For clarity here is a snapshot of the blackout time period. Highlighted in yellow is the time frame the blackout was in effect.

Click to see full size

What I see here isfirst 30 days 1T drop in mining, but only about a .25T drop in production over that same time period. (IE: reduction in stockpile). Production continually dropped, but still not as hard as mining dropped. Destruction meanwhile rose and fell slightly, but not by significant amounts on the whole.

All in all I see a healthy picture during the blackout. Mining dropped off heavily and you can see near the end miners adapted. Production fell because of a decrease of materials and a reduced demand maybe happened in nullsec regions, but Jita seemed rather unimpaired for finished goods. Just spot checking here is two examples and as you can see as production fell off, prices rose because demand stayed roughly the same.

3 Likes

where is the security report?

funny belive that are bots and not players…

There is little difference between a bot that docks as soon as a name appears in local and a player who docks as soon as a name appears in local, from a game health standpoint. Both have very little to no destruction risk because they can’t be tackled.

1 Like

Like actual game features or iterating on things in the actual sandbox? Need some examples?

• Iterate on planetary interaction and make it finally muliplayer.
  • Iterate on citadels to give more incentives to kill them and deal with the crazy timers so this becomes content actual people with a life can engage in (I have some ideas here I proposed in other threads)
  • Actually fix wardecs not just the lazy band-aid we got.
  • Overhaul locators and the watchlist
  • Expand on the contract system and let us use the metrics the system collects to formulate contracts.

Do you see what I mean? Don’t you think this would give an actually healthy reason for people to come back and play the game? This whole daily login reward crap adds nothing to the gameplay. The only thing it does is trick people to login to a game because they think they miss out on something. It is a cheap psychological manipulation to artificially boost the online player numbers. In my opinion such additions are an insult and an attempt to manipulate and trick their customers.

2 Likes

The day CCP will be dumb enough to reinstate BO the way it was, it is the day EVE will die on the spot. Dont think anyone will give CCP another chance after this BO debacle. @CCP_Hellmar, @CCP_Rise, @CCP_Dopamine and the rest should just be happy to still have a game after the summer debacle and after the lackluster of EVE Vegas.

@Arrendis says we are cautiously optimistic, but that is probably another understatement.

And in spite of all the talk at EVE Vegas and everyone out there playing nice with CCP, I dont think CCP has much of any good will left to use

4 Likes

Lulz, dramatic much? Even if all of nullbear ratters cried and left, the game would still go on.

1 Like

How is botting a GOOD thing except for the botters?

1 Like

This a fantasy game’s fantasy accounting, published for hindsight instead of forecast, unless you want to take even older data and attempt to plan your in-game economic growth with indicators that are woefully misrepresented without knowing future CCP plans.

More power to the math heads who like this sort of thing but the data is getting useless because it’s outdated when published. It’s “look what we did”, not “look where we’re going” or even “look where we are today”.

Pique my interest. Make the data live-stream and update each reset. That, if it works properly (unlike in-game market valuations), is “what I can do tomorrow” because it’s more immediate than the traditional monthly.

1 Like

Exactly right, only a small fraction live in NS and given much of their bitterness the game might actually improve because there would be fewer of them to turn off the game for newer players who’d eventually fill the gap with a less entitled population (for a while).

2 Likes

I think Chrono was looking at the graph that has imports and exports total, as well as the net result. The implication is that both imports and exports on that should be higher, while the net result is not possibly all that much.

Speaking hypothetically based solely on previous discussion in this thread, of course.

1 Like

The problem with that is that is if CCP publish any sort of in game financial forward looking statements they would be absolutely crucified if they were off target. hell even making forward looking statements would probably get them crucified. As a player, it’s part of the fun of the game to take past performance data, analyze what happened, and apply that to future prospects to hopefully make some isk.

2 Likes

Well. i´m gettin my stuff together and shuttin down the work. Played since 2003 with a break of 3 to 4 years.
No trolling, no whining - the reason is simpel. CCP and with it the leading team around Hilmar has lost the spirit of this what EVE once was.
Gettin rid of Botters and keeping the system healthy is just one side of the medal. The other side is, that EVE became economical to unbalanced over the years over all!
The Beton Sandbox ■■■■■■■■ Statement from Hilmar gave me the last point to leave - as CEO you have to fell decisions! Blackout was right and should have stayed and became state of the art.
The only reason why CCP didnt have the spine to keep it, were financial dependencies which got nothin to do with the formal main spirit of EVE.

As long the fat and prosper nullsec donut, stil can gain billions over billions isk, with afk botters or without, and the prices are so ■■■■■■ up, this online economical simulation becomes more and more ridiculous.

Apart, over the years, where is the promised shareholder system? Where are other promised features?

get back to the roots CCP, where are those days of epic capital battles, the former spirit of EVE? It became all more or less kinda space WoW … and this is a shame for you CCP. Maybe you shall get an new CEO to get a new spirit than maybe we get back on track.

2 Likes

Is this also factoring in WH regions as well? Seems like J-space systems are missing from some of the data sets.

Capital battles, epic engagements have nothing to do with blackout.

1 Like

Where’s Falcon?

You got all the answers don’t you? Good on you, perhaps CCP should consult with you since you know everything.