Moving merchandise away from NPC stations?

Hello, I would like to think that there are many industrialists who have similar concerns with what your experiencing and perhaps they would have a solution to suit current market.

How well do you know the station owners in systems close to you and are there ways of reducing costs by focusing on if a straight trade contract with people as repeat business?

Had you taken close look at who is buying from you using the transaction data, mapped out time and days of the week etc? Are you always making selling the same items week after week?

Can any of those items be purchased / outsourced under trade contract with other industrialist?

My understanding is that most big ticket industrialists would have a tight group of people who share such findings. Are you frequenting the in game channels and networking with other industrialists?

Sorry to come off as being blunt with my first reply to your thread. I mean you no disrespect.

o7

Firstly, I don’t know the station owners at all. I try to keep a low profile at all times, and I don’t make contact with other industrialists. I actually wound up doing industry on my own because I’ve been in a bunch of corps that… well they haven’t worked out.

I do make the same products pretty consistently, but the market is always changing in small ways. People will put large sell orders on the market sometimes that result in a loss, and I just assume these folk are reselling the items they got from buy orders.

As far as knowing my customers, I don’t look into it much. I do look at the price history, however, and that’s my main guideline in what I produce. The only time I notice my customer is when they purchase an entire order, but I’m not really sure what to make of that. I never thought of doing business with direct contracts with corps/players. It’s interesting though =)

What really spurred my thread is that I can see other sell orders popping up in the player stations and after doing some math… well it doesn’t look good for business. I imagine people would certainly jump one system away to save ten million isk on a ship like a phobos, and ten million isk is about what I’m spending on the broker’s fee. It’s an interesting time.

Thanks for the reply. Hope we get some more feedback here as well.

3 Likes

I operate a similar business and would be interested in any new information this discussion brings.

1 Like

Don’t wish to go out of my comfort zone but my first area of study would be looking at the locations where the ship in question is lost. Phobos; https://zkillboard.com/ship/12021/losses/

Thinking this is the demand for replacement and by having such item to meet the demand could mean that the price can be set accordingly.

Cutting down travel times for components might shine some possible savings.

It looks like the phobos gets a lot of work in wormhole and null sec. That makes sense to me. I believe we’ve sold 13 phobos in the last 30 days in Sinq Laison.

The number I look at the most is this: Broker’s fee with my skills is 3.35%, and that comes up to 11.1m isk. Right now everyone in Sinq Laison is selling the ships in Dodixie, so we’ll see what happens.

As far as components and savings go, I keep a close eye on Jita prices and sometimes I’ll make a trip to save some isk, sometimes I can just relax in gallente space and let people sell me the stuff I need. Jita is a really good buyer’s market though, so I keep that in mind. And with the changes to brokers fee, I’ll set up my orders outside of Dodixie, but include it in the jump range for that order.

I’ll have a few ships built in the next couple of days. Still debating on where to put them. The whole asset safety thing makes me nervous. What if markets moved into player stations? Could you imagine someone exploding an entire regional market?

In my opinion I dont see anything changing besides prices to compensate. Some items like injectors may be sold in neighboring systems. Just like they already do near dodixie.

2 Likes

Put low volume sell orders in a market citadel.

I, sometimes, buy very large quantities of items (ships, guns, etc.), due to the way I play EVE. (I’m talking about hundreds of a single item.)

Right now, I don’t have a corp in the traditional sense of the word. I have a loose collection of friends and associates (plus whoever we might decide to recruit), and we’ll gather together to pursue a specific in game project/goal, which we will work toward for anywhere from several months to perhaps a year to accomplish. While many in this group can “build” items, we started outsourcing large orders to committed industy corps.

So. we’ll place orders directly, bypassing the hubs/markets entirely, with the manufacturer. Doing this serves many purposes. We avoid alerting anyone following the market (or a specific) market to our activities, we put isk in the hands of groups/people we like, and we add an element of “risk” to our game (after all, the order might not be fulfilled).

So far, we’ve been very happy with the experience.

While I don’t think this is the norm, I do think we’re not the only ones doing this.

So, this is a thing in EVE. Uncommon to be sure, but it does go on, so don’t shy off if someone eventually approaches you about placing a direct order.

It’s done using contracts. You’ll need to negotiate aspects of the “contract”. Do your clients pay upfront? Or pay a percentage of the total fee as a “deposit”? Or pay upon completion/delivery? Do you “deliver” the manufactured goods, or do the clients pick up the goods, or do you use a third party shipping service to deliver to a specified location? (And if you use a third party shipping service, who pays that shipping service’s fee?) And perhaps, most importantly, expected delivery date. (Can you as the manufacturer meet the client’s expected timeline, or are they asking for an unrealistic delivery?)

I know this post is somewhat at a tangent to the topic, but felt it answered the following questions, using my own personal experience in purchasing guns and ships in quantity.

So, in summation, yes I will continue to use hubs to buy and sell for myself. For my in game group? I’ll use direct-to-the-manufacturer contracts and bypass the market hubs (whether player controlled or NPC stations) entirely.

3 Likes

That sounds pretty cool. Maybe someone will approach me someday.

For large orders it tends to be the norm. If your “buy orders” end up big enough to cause market price spikes (before you even fully supply) then it often is in your own interest to contact industrialists directly.

They won’t.

If you see someone buying hundreds or thousands of units of modules it may be good idea to contact them.

The only thing I see this tax hike doing is finally killing the Hek and Rens markets… welp… RIP Minmatar trade.

Maybe if they lower their prices they’ll be ok lol

ive spent almost 200m on putting ships up in jita with maxed trade skills and rep with the station owner so yeah, real cheap

also ive has stations get locked after i put billions worth of ore there or moving ships, and the huge number of stations that exist easily with no fuel.

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like too many eggs in the one basket.

1 Like

“Thats the sound of pride ■■■■■■■ with ya”

• Marcellus Wallace-McCandless, Scots Folk Hero, AD1370

This is why I started the thread. I’m currently playing price wars in sinq laison and have a few ships in the player station nearby. I’ve noticed some ships are being sold in Perimeter now, but I don’t sell anything there personally.

Here’s an idea; try selling ships in Perimeter. The broker’s fee is so small that you can cancel the order without a large loss in isk if you can’t sell it there. But putting your ships in NPC stations is brutal. There’s no point in canceling the order after paying the broker’s fee. You’ll never recover from that loss of profit.

Quick note here, I have no stake in player stations. I don’t own any stations myself and I’m just trying to carve out a living for myself.

Industrialists have more options to deal with these changes to the taxations, as mentioned in this thread even. They can do their business without player owned structures. Situation looks very bad for marketeers and haulers. Their profit is based on market margins and price deviations between markets, based on supply/demand deviations. These changes will reduce the number of available markets to, possible, Jita/|Perimeter and Ammar, where prices will be near constant and will jump around 0.01 ISK values. This game content can dissapear soon or become a formality, like Bounty Offices.

Last week, being at Jita 4-4, I found only one shipment there to sell for Buy orders for a 24M IKS profit. Investment price - 450M ISK to get a 24M profit. And the destination point was 27 jumps away. I done that and …

Most contract hauling will be performed by alliance guys (internally) and special groups like Red Frog. Big markets will move from open model to closed (auction-like) models. Of course, some groceries markets will be public in small quantities, but big stuff to build citadels and Caps will fade. More or less…

I’d like too see how this will affect this virtual economy model.

Most of the stuff in Jita is massproduced in nul and shipped, so the tax doesn’t affect us. For example you can buy a shuttle in nul for 2000 isk and in a hub you pay 10-20k.

People who build in hs will be affected more.

Using PoS to sell is risky, unless you know the owner. Asset safety is going to be scrapped soon, so the only thing i can recommend is move your production line to china… I mean nul space.

1 Like

how does the tax not hit anyone who sells? its a flat tax increase to any npc station for buying and sales

1 Like